PDA

View Full Version : Name and shame eBay names?

fido-dido
12-06-2011, 08:37 PM
Obviously regarding r/c sales on eBay.

I bought what I thought was a good FTx blaze a couple of years ago. Later to find the guy had already sold it before on other sites. Lucky for me I paid for tracking so I def know it arrived with him but I know if I had sent it standard he would have just claimed it was lost on way to him.

Might be good for people to be warned of certain eBay names to watch out for.

Fast Eddie
12-06-2011, 08:49 PM
Obviously regarding r/c sales on eBay.

I bought what I thought was a good FTx blaze a couple of years ago. Later to find the guy had already sold it before on other sites. Lucky for me I paid for tracking so I def know it arrived with him but I know if I had sent it standard he would have just claimed it was lost on way to him.

Might be good for people to be warned of certain eBay names to watch out for.

If you bought something why would you pay for tracking and something arrive with him?
Dont understand mate:confused:

fido-dido
12-06-2011, 09:01 PM
I bought the car, receved it but then returned it

The seller said the FTx was mint. The pics looked good but it turned up and the car was a wreck.

So I returned it tracked so I knew he got it so I could get refunded.

ch!3f
12-06-2011, 09:41 PM
this list could go on for ever and not many people will see it + people changing usernames + new accounts so will be impossible to keep track,there are many people out to scam us the only way to stay safe is offer the correct postage i.e if its over £40 use a service that will cover you that needs signing for + always use signed for anyway and keep your proof of postage too.ive had 3 or 4 people on ebay try it on with me not 1 have i had to claim thru royal mail though they some how turn up next door neighbour signed for it etc.

twisty
13-06-2011, 06:55 AM
I closed my Ebay account 2 years ago,best thing i did re Ebay :p

SlowOne
13-06-2011, 06:38 PM
Only ever bought from dealers/shops with lots of positive feedback and not had any problems. I've heard so many people get scammed by private sellers, and it's such a hassle to do the bidding process, so I have never bought or sold privately on eBay.

My kids on the other hand have had a lot of success with it, and no complaints. I don't see how you can keep a list of the bad guys for the reasons Ch!3f gives - it changes so fast.

ch!3f
13-06-2011, 07:21 PM
3 rules for ebay
1,always pay with paypal unless its cash on collection and dont hand the cash over untill you are happy with the item.(no matter haw much you want the item if the seller decides they want a different type of payment decline it there more then likely up to something.
2,when selling always send via recorded delivery or a service which will cover the cost in the insurance.the buyer is paying for the service not you.keep all your receipts for proof of postage in a safe place.
3,stick to selling in the uk overseas buyer there are plenty of them most good people but you can guarantee you will get 1 that try it on!costs more for posting signed for is even more and theres no tracking unless you use a courier which gets expensive.simple no no unless you think you can trust them.

ive stuck to these 3 rules for years never had any problems

also another good thing set of weighing scales and this link

[/URL] (http://pricefinder.postoffice.co.uk/portal/po/PriceFinder;jsessionid=0KYJFONNQUSFQFB2IGLEPLQ;jse ssionid=0KYJFONNQUSFQFB2IGLEPLQ?catId=91100756&reset=true&campaignid=PR0233&gear=pricingcalc)[url]http://pricefinder.postoffice.co.uk/portal/po/PriceFinder;jsessionid=0KYJFONNQUSFQFB2IGLEPLQ;jse ssionid=0KYJFONNQUSFQFB2IGLEPLQ?catId=91100756&reset=true&campaignid=PR0233&gear=pricingcalc

work out your pnp costs before listing it sorted.

Wynney
14-06-2011, 11:35 AM
Bought Mardave of a guy who listed it as new. May have been once! Than became difficult about returning it, so gave up in the end and bought new. Have had plenty of success though with most other items.

Good out weighs the bad.