PDA

View Full Version : New Durango DEX410V3

Pages : [1] 2

captainlip
13-06-2011, 08:35 PM
Pleased to announce a new version of the 410 soon to be released

So has anyone got anybody spotted it being tested yet? Believe it's due to be released in about 2 months and to have the bigbores as standard!

Will also include the new shell soon to be released!

Should be good to see what updates they bring to the new Durango!

To add this is not an official confirmation obviously

Looking forward to seeing pics and info, but unfortunately it's all under wraps at the moment and I'm not allowed to give away to much info......

Watch this space!!!

Whiskers
13-06-2011, 08:42 PM
How did you find this out? :confused:

HarlowS
13-06-2011, 08:44 PM
because he is head of development and testing, :lol:

leeboy44
13-06-2011, 08:46 PM
hes testing the diffs and wheel nuts :lol:

captainlip
13-06-2011, 08:48 PM
All I will say is watch this space and be prepared to all eat your words :D

Some good gossip to be had there and great for potential Durango customers

captainlip
13-06-2011, 08:49 PM
hes testing the diffs and wheel nuts :lol:

Least my rango isn't pink :D

Nick
13-06-2011, 08:49 PM
As there selling off the old car at bargain prices it’s an easy guess!!!

http://www.rccarshop.co.uk/catalog/index.php?cPath=418_448

Buy fare the best value car you could ever buy

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

captainlip
13-06-2011, 08:52 PM
Wow theyre bloody good prices, time for Josh to buy one!

leeboy44
13-06-2011, 08:56 PM
Least my rango isn't pink :D

dam, thats a good 1 :cry:

Whiskers
13-06-2011, 08:59 PM
Does phil actually work at Durango or am I reading it wrong?

And I am tempted by those prices!

captainlip
13-06-2011, 09:03 PM
Don't know where the other thread went but here we go!

So has anyone got anybody spotted it being tested yet? Believe it's due to be released in about 2 months and to have the bigbores as standard!

Will also include the new shell soon to be released!

Should be good to see what updates they bring to the new Durango!

To add this is not an official confirmation obviously

Looking forward to seeing pics and info, but unfortunately it's all under wraps at the moment and I'm not allowed to give away to much info......

Watch this space!!!

captainlip
13-06-2011, 09:08 PM
Is it me or have my last new posts being removed and without trace?

Don't get it! Nobody has pm me about anything! If durango don't want it posting that's cool just don't delete my posts and not explain why

coleman758
13-06-2011, 09:17 PM
Haha! Phill has just txt me, he would like to know why his account has been restricted! And is it because he has let the cat out the bag!! Lmao

Stu
13-06-2011, 09:21 PM
I just got a PM, probably don't need to read it.

discothesnake
13-06-2011, 09:22 PM
This guy is hilarious!! 2 weeks ago he was slagging Durango off for everything going now he's acting like the chief executive!!! :lol::lol:

coleman758
13-06-2011, 09:26 PM
Could someone from Durango confirm this?

HarlowS
13-06-2011, 09:28 PM
I dont work for Durango, but i can confirm that lippy is indeed hilarious :p

t8rtot
13-06-2011, 09:46 PM
This seems about right, they've been testing parts for ages and they've already released a few.. its about time for a new update.

no suprise here. however i question this forums character, banning a member for letting the cat out of the bag on a company that has no (realized) ties. i'm hoping there was something else going on, otherwise that is a shame.

maybe he deserved it for his past stupidity, i don't know.

JosephShanks
14-06-2011, 02:05 AM
They could have just demoted him to ensignlip and called it good.:woot:

Adam Skelding
14-06-2011, 07:17 AM
Haha! Phill has just txt me, he would like to know why his account has been restricted! And is it because he has let the cat out the bag!! Lmao

Hi,
Just to put a few things straight, Phil and Budfish were originally restricted, due to their use of foul and abusive language on a previous thread which has been deleted.

As a company, we do not condone that sort of behaviour as this thread is used by people of all ages and some of their comments were not the type of thing you would like minors to hear let alone read.
So after reading numerous complaints sent via e-mail and through the oOple forum we asked the oOple admin to restrict his posting on the forum. It's not the type of thing we like doing , everyone has the right to free speech, but there is a line as to the content that really should be posted on here. Most people are aware of this,it's common sense, some aren't.

Captainlip does not work at Team Durango. That I can say with 100% certainty

coleman758
14-06-2011, 07:34 AM
:thumbdown:

Anyway..... IS THERE A NEW DURANO DUE OUT.....?
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

and do you know when the new body will be available?

Jnunu1
14-06-2011, 12:46 PM
Hi,
Just to put a few things straight, Phil and Budfish were originally restricted, due to their use of foul and abusive language on a previous thread which has been deleted.

As a company, we do not condone that sort of behaviour as this thread is used by people of all ages and some of their comments were not the type of thing you would like minors to hear let alone read.
So after reading numerous complaints sent via e-mail and through the oOple forum we asked the oOple admin to restrict his posting on the forum. It's not the type of thing we like doing , everyone has the right to free speech, but there is a line as to the content that really should be posted on here. Most people are aware of this,it's common sense, some aren't.

...in this thread he isnt slagging/swearing/winding up etc. He is airing a rumour in a fairly polite way.

Has Phil been restricted in this case because he has come across some commercial info that Durango don't want aired yet? Is that ok?

Would the same info coming from someone else been treated in the same way? Is it Phils fault that he has been in receipt of the info?

I'm not trying to be too cynical, but look at the size of that Durango banner advert up there.

Adam Skelding
14-06-2011, 12:57 PM
The Language was in another thread, which has since been deleted.

He was restricted before this thread was posted, so the reason is nothing to do with airing any commercial info which Phil is/isn't in reciept of.

and as banners go it's about the same size as couple of model shops on here and also X factory's..

Nige
14-06-2011, 12:57 PM
...in this thread he isnt slagging/swearing/winding up etc. He is airing a rumour in a fairly polite way.

Has Phil been restricted in this case because he has come across some commercial info that Durango don't want aired yet? Is that ok?

Would the same info coming from someone else been treated in the same way? Is it Phils fault that he has been in receipt of the info?

I'm not trying to be too cynical, but look at the size of that Durango banner advert up there.

If you read Adam Skelding's post, it says he has been restricted because of previous inappropriate posts within the Durango section - not because of posting this information.

Hi,

Nige
14-06-2011, 12:59 PM
Was too slow - Adam replied at the same time as me :lol:

moth898
14-06-2011, 01:46 PM
Bring the lip back, I loved reading his rants....His posts being erased is nothing more Durango flexing their money.....tisk tisk.

cmgreen
14-06-2011, 02:29 PM
Hi,

About time! The guys a complete Tool!

Hulk
14-06-2011, 03:00 PM
Bring the lip back, I loved reading his rants....His posts being erased is nothing more Durango flexing their money.....tisk tisk.

You've got to remember, although this is a hobby for us, its a business for Durango. Someone coming on here saying some of the things he said could lose them business.

Durango are a professional company who try to do right by their customers, as confirmed by numerous people on here.

Even though most of what captainlip says is in gest, people who don't know him may take his comments seriously. Forums are great but its often hard to tell if someone is been serious or joking.

Also as Adam pointed out, minors use this forum so swearing is most definately inappropriate. This is not a case of Durango flexing their money, more a case of been responsible.

AfroP
14-06-2011, 03:26 PM
so is there or isn't there a V3?

t8rtot
14-06-2011, 03:48 PM
so is there or isn't there a V3?

+1 :confused:

leeboy44
14-06-2011, 03:53 PM
ive heard that the durango is bringing out the same car as the 410r but cheaper money then you buy what you want for it as upgrades like the alloy bits on the 410

when you buy the 410 you chuck the alloy side pods for the plastic 1s and durango are selling them for £100 :confused:

just what i been told so im not sure what the crack is if there is anything :confused:

Jnunu1
14-06-2011, 03:58 PM
He was restricted before this thread was posted, so the reason is nothing to do with airing any commercial info which Phil is/isn't in reciept of.

Fair nuff - the thread history looks like the restriction hit mid flow as it were - my mistake.

Can I have a free v3 for being nice:thumbsup: (this may trick 'rango into saying "no you can't therefore confirming there is one!:p)

Tobias
14-06-2011, 04:06 PM
Hi,

Hi from germany,

I am very disappointed by team durango.Two weeks ago I bought a second DEX 410 Spec 2010 for my 7yr old son, my 9yr old is racing his 410 for about 1 year already on a very high level. I know it is an expensive hobby and I have no problem in sponsoring my children but at this point I can see offers of about 200 euro off the price I paid for the kit - that is too much.
Leaking diffs - wrong manual - missing parts - not fitting main gear cover - bad bearings etc .... I can deal with these problems and fix the parts with tresrey alternatives but if I ask the german durango distributor if there will be a 2011 edition soon - and he is not informed - I bought the wrong car. Now I know that this special offer will start in germany on 1.7.2011.... the same product for xx% off ....

coleman758
14-06-2011, 05:46 PM
To be fair i'm not 100% happy,
I have just bought a set of big bores, They were £100,
at the same time i got about £50 worth of spares.

I could have got a full car for little more money!

I saw the first thread also and i didn't see any abusive language?
I can appreciate Durango being a professional company, and yes i can see how it may effect there business.
But have they ever though there maybe a reason why these comments are being made?

If you but the 410 kit its RRP of 400+ then:
New set of bearings...
New set off diff seals...
New diff oil (The kit oil serves no purpose...maybe include an oil that people use?)
New Dremel, (to grind down the gear holder pin) its easy to say "Yea Yea just Dremel it to a point"..... Not so easy if you don't have one.
New Drive Shafts (Wrong ones came in kit)

So you can sort of see why?
Don't get me wrong i love my car but i think somethings need looking at in the kit.
are the above going to be looked at in the new kit?

Bungleaio
14-06-2011, 06:36 PM
I don't get why people are getting so wound up about, Durango haven't said anything about a new car coming out. Maybe there is one coming, maybe there isn't, I wouldn't be surprised if there is to be honest there was a 2009 and 2010.

Remember the original post in this thread was created by someone who loves to stir and isn't exactly known for singing Durangos praises.

AfroP
14-06-2011, 06:58 PM
To be fair i'm not 100% happy,
I have just bought a set of big bores, They were £100,
at the same time i got about £50 worth of spares.

I could have got a full car for little more money!

I saw the first thread also and i didn't see any abusive language?
I can appreciate Durango being a professional company, and yes i can see how it may effect there business.
But have they ever though there maybe a reason why these comments are being made?

If you but the 410 kit its RRP of 400+ then:
New set of bearings...
New set off diff seals...
New diff oil (The kit oil serves no purpose...maybe include an oil that people use?)
New Dremel, (to grind down the gear holder pin) its easy to say "Yea Yea just Dremel it to a point"..... Not so easy if you don't have one.
New Drive Shafts (Wrong ones came in kit)

So you can sort of see why?
Don't get me wrong i love my car but i think somethings need looking at in the kit.
are the above going to be looked at in the new kit?

wait didn't I just buy a Durango from you?

is it too late to change my mind and go for a B44? :p

only kidding

RC John
14-06-2011, 08:20 PM
I don't get why people are getting so wound up about, Durango haven't said anything about a new car coming out. Maybe there is one coming, maybe there isn't, I wouldn't be surprised if there is to be honest there was a 2009 and 2010.

I agree. While I don't like that I just bought my car, I would rather have Durango constantly developing new parts and making improvements than have them sell the same kit for the next 5 years. I'd be willing to bet that if there is a new car, the parts will be interchangeable with the old car so it won't be obsolete.

TonyM
14-06-2011, 08:24 PM
I relish the fact that Durango are constantly keeping ahead of the curve. We'd all be complaining if they didn't change anything for a few years. So, I welcome the news that there may be a '2011' version coming out. I'd buy the necessary bits immediately - just to make sure that my poor driving ability, which is definitely going South at 62, can't be blamed on the tools:D

At the end of the day, these guys have to make a decent living from us mortals, otherwise - end of Rango. So stop the carping about paying extra money - dig deep and enjoy.

Mike Parker
14-06-2011, 08:25 PM
Reading this with interest..

With the changes between the 2009 & 10 cars have been centrered around the 2mil centreshafts & driveshafts, which could be upgraded if someone wanted to or replaced when worn, there was a few other tweaks yes but nothing drastic.

I think for the failures I'm an absolute animal with mine! But hardly any breakages and zero failures as I maintain the car regulary.

If there is a new version on the horizon and the thing comes with big bores, they're commercially available and hey quite a few folk have sets already!! As for the other things it will all come apparent in good time!!

Col
14-06-2011, 08:35 PM
How has captaindick been restricted? It still appears to be posting the same amount of crap as always

Stu
14-06-2011, 08:50 PM
WTF, this thread is madness.

If dealers are currently giving some good deals on kits how on god's earth can that be a bad thing?

Anyone who thinks the team should not be develping new and improved parts with intention to bring them to market (either as a rolling change in the kit or marketed as a 'new' kit) needs to take a reality check.

leeboy44
14-06-2011, 08:55 PM
every car will have upgrades in its life at some point, like the big bores etc i bet if/when they do bring out whatever it will be all interchangeable with the durango as we know it now anyway

Dazzler
14-06-2011, 08:56 PM
I recon you have underestimated how good the deal is Stu.... £199 for a 410R, or £299 for a full fat 2010 spec... It's a fantastic car at that price... You can almost buy both for the original cost of a full fat car, and have all the spares you need... And it's still every bit as good now as it was before the reduction..

If I was after a car now, I'd be snapping one up quick, not worrying about what may or may not be coming. I doubt these prices will be around long!

traffman
14-06-2011, 08:58 PM
Hmmmm keep it coming im enjoying this.....wheres me popcorn.

So whats the script then ? Captain slip up got a gagging order against him?

Chris-S
14-06-2011, 09:07 PM
I recon you have underestimated how good the deal is Stu.... £199 for a 410R, or £299 for a full fat 2010 spec... It's a fantastic car at that price... You can almost by both for the original cost of a full fat car, and have all the spares you need... And it's still every bit as good now as it was before the reduction..

If I was after a car now, I'd be snapping one up quick, not worrying about what may or may not be coming. I doubt these prices will be around long!

I bought one of each, should see me through the winter. Cant complain about the durango at all, better than the b44 in so many ways. Had a quick go of a Cat, handled well, but I dont enjoy ball diffs, two winters of touring cars has increased my dislike of them, constantly having to maintain them. Durango comes out of the hauler every friday night, gets driven hard, goes back in the box till the next friday, not broken it yet.

Col
14-06-2011, 09:17 PM
So whats the script then ? Captain slip up got a gagging order against him?

He PM'd me after my previous post, so I'm assuming that he can't post here any more?

Nigel
14-06-2011, 10:10 PM
well im pissed.

i just bought a Durango DEX410R for 350 and now you can get them for 199 and a dex410 for 299.....CHEAPER THAN WHAT i got my DEX410R for...

this is not even funny.

coleman758
14-06-2011, 10:12 PM
How has captaindick been restricted? It still appears to be posting the same amount of crap as always

I think you need to go and give your head a shake!
this is the very reason (Apparently!) why Phil has been restricted! Whats the need.

As Adam said... If a forum used by all ages!

So why don't you go ahead and edit your post.

coleman758
14-06-2011, 10:15 PM
Sorry to say fell... But someone has seen you coming!

The 410R is RRP of about £260 and thats on the Durango site. I think the are £230 in JEspares.

I have just sold one for £180 and there is one in the FS section for £185.
:thumbdown:

Dazzler
14-06-2011, 10:15 PM
well im pissed.

i just bought a Durango DEX410R for 350 and now you can get them for 199 and a dex410 for 299.....CHEAPER THAN WHAT i got my DEX410R for...

this is not even funny.

Where from.. They were only ever around the 250 Mark for an r version?

Benh
14-06-2011, 10:24 PM
Possibly $ not £

coleman758
14-06-2011, 10:30 PM
Possibly $ not £

Maybe... But the other cars he talks off are defo in £, so i would persume its all in pounds. :woot:

Bungleaio
14-06-2011, 10:37 PM

Mb models are doing them for £199 and £299 which is an absolute bargain!

leeboy44
14-06-2011, 10:37 PM
Mb models are doing them for £199 and £299 which is an absolute bargain!

old news mate sorry :thumbsup:

Nigel
14-06-2011, 11:38 PM

oh im talking about $ not £.

EDIT: oh my bad that site had prices in £ not $ heh just shows how smart i am. *not pissed anymore*

moth898
14-06-2011, 11:59 PM
You've got to remember, although this is a hobby for us, its a business for Durango. Someone coming on here saying some of the things he said could lose them business.

Durango are a professional company who try to do right by their customers, as confirmed by numerous people on here.

Even though most of what captainlip says is in gest, people who don't know him may take his comments seriously. Forums are great but its often hard to tell if someone is been serious or joking.

Also as Adam pointed out, minors use this forum so swearing is most definately inappropriate. This is not a case of Durango flexing their money, more a case of been responsible.

I agree with your points, I would do the same in their position....its just that his over the top posts were fun to read.

JohnM
15-06-2011, 02:02 PM
well im pissed.

this is not even funny.

Not being funny dude, but it's the Law of Sod, as soon as you buy something you've been waiting for, it'll be cheaper a few weeks later, or a better one comes out for the same money.

Happens just about every time I buy a new TV, a bloke at work bought a new Audi TT, then within weeks, the face lift model was released, better engine, less co2, more mpg, more toys etc, the dealer never told him about that when he took his 25-30k from him.

If there is a new DEX coming, I'll see what new bits it has, then put the ones I want on my 2009 car, just like I did when the 2010 car came out.

jimmy
15-06-2011, 05:19 PM
This seems about right, they've been testing parts for ages and they've already released a few.. its about time for a new update.

no suprise here. however i question this forums character, banning a member for letting the cat out of the bag on a company that has no (realized) ties. i'm hoping there was something else going on, otherwise that is a shame.

maybe he deserved it for his past stupidity, i don't know.

You have misread the situation entirely. Thankfully because of hard working maniacs you don't have to trawl through heaps of offensive posts so you might not realise why people might not be able to post.

HKC
15-06-2011, 08:07 PM
hi,

i've just see this tread..

I'm french (so more bad english sorry)
2 weeks ago I ran on the French championship in Pau (warm up for the Euro to..) and in the stand there is Neil martin and Hupo Hoenigl ..and Team Durango French drivers Baldini cyrille (French champion 2011..) and Gilles Bennardo...(and others..)
No One use V3 or other but Dex 410 with big bore and...no more ..arf yes very good fingers..:)

Nigel
15-06-2011, 08:32 PM
hmm maybe if the V3 is real, maybe its just an update with included big bores.

stegger
15-06-2011, 08:39 PM
hmm maybe if the V3 is real, maybe its just an update with included big bores.

I'm with you on this one. Just like they done with 2010 spec car updated drive shafts etc. Maybe the new shell, shocks,gearbox alloy holders, D blocks. We will see as johnm said will upgrade mine when it does happen.

andys
15-06-2011, 09:46 PM
Basically it's a great deal for a lot of car for the cash.

I ran an 'R' and have had little or no problems with it. I wanted the rollbars / alloy bits etc but they are so expensive on their own.

Decided to buy the 2010 full fat kit from MB Models as they are such good value. I might upgrade the odd part if anything new comes out, keep my old 'R' as spares.

AndyG
15-06-2011, 10:10 PM
Basically it's a great deal for a lot of car for the cash.

I ran an 'R' and have had little or no problems with it. I wanted the rollbars / alloy bits etc but they are so expensive on their own.

Decided to buy the 2010 full fat kit from MB Models as they are such good value. I might upgrade the odd part if anything new comes out, keep my old 'R' as spares.

High roller, right thurrr ladies and gents. :rolleyes:

MikePimlott
15-06-2011, 10:19 PM
To be fair we knew this was coming when durango did mates rates in december or whenever it was. Get rid of the old kits before they release the updated kit.

Be thankfull you get everything you need in the one box from durango.

fifi
16-06-2011, 04:32 AM
V3 will be the 2011 world edition...?

andys
16-06-2011, 08:58 AM
High roller, right thurrr ladies and gents. :rolleyes:

Not sure what that means Andy - but I assume you are being cheeky !
At least you know i'll have plenty of spares now :)

Big G
16-06-2011, 12:21 PM
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the 'forward cab' new shell design after Jimmy's Talyrain report :D

tbh I'd seen it a while ago, but didn't want to say anything just in case it wasn't suppose to be broadcast hehe

You only have to keep an eye on the team's cars to see what's likely to be coming along next ;)

stegger
16-06-2011, 01:43 PM
I'm with you on this one. Just like they done with 2010 spec car updated drive shafts etc. Maybe the new shell, shocks,gearbox alloy holders, D blocks. We will see as johnm said will upgrade mine when it does happen.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the 'forward cab' new shell design after Jimmy's Talyrain report :D

tbh I'd seen it a while ago, but didn't want to say anything just in case it wasn't suppose to be broadcast hehe

You only have to keep an eye on the team's cars to see what's likely to be coming along next ;)

:p:p:p

Mike Parker
16-06-2011, 02:02 PM

Aye been way too busy talking about everthing else durango related! :D

Yep I've had a peek & similar in looks to the 408 shell, looks good imo :thumbsup:

Big G
16-06-2011, 02:10 PM
you weren't specific enough Stegger haha :D

Jamie.T
16-06-2011, 02:11 PM
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the 'forward cab' new shell design after Jimmy's Talyrain report

Talyrain....< I like what you did there LOL

snook
16-06-2011, 04:51 PM
So, wildly guessing theres gona be...

- a new body, with more room around the spur gear
- double joins for the center driveshafts to reduce wear
- a bit of bling for the rear gearboxholder
- bigger shocks
- "diffrent" ball cups

for the 2011 kit... have i forgotten anything?

all of wich can be seen in the talywain report and esspecially in this pic (http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/2011national-talywain/4wd/rango/OOP_3849.jpg)

Whiskers
21-06-2011, 06:24 PM
MB Models are now offering a 2010 kit complete with big bores as an extra for £359!

JonyNitro
21-06-2011, 07:15 PM
MB Models are now offering a 2010 kit complete with big bores as an extra for £359!

And so is the Durango website

Whiskers
21-06-2011, 07:18 PM
And so is the Durango website

Are they, I can't see it?

JonyNitro
21-06-2011, 07:34 PM
Are they, I can't see it?

I mean your link MB sorry about that, In leeds

dpackster1980
22-06-2011, 09:32 PM
I suspect the price drop is to persuade people from buying the SX3??

This would make sense why Durango are dropping the price and are offering deals which includes the big bore shocks. You require no expensive extras with the 410 just orings for the diffs and ball cups. :thumbsup:

Diver
02-07-2011, 09:58 PM
Hi I am thinking of buying a 410 and the price is nice now but is it better to wait and buy the v3 or buy now???

Are there problems with the 410 that I can buy now for this nice price??

Hope to here from you

Greets Ronald

Kurtje
03-07-2011, 06:30 AM
Hi Ronald

Maybe it's easier if you contact me on the MBF forum :D

No if you like the 410 just buy it, build it right and you'll have a lot of fun with it!
It's the best 4wd buggy i've driven!!!

AfroP
03-07-2011, 09:50 AM
Also there is no V3 of the Dex410/r
nothing has even been spotted at events.

Bungleaio
03-07-2011, 09:53 AM
The 410 is an awesome car and at the current prices is an absolute bargain.

Whether to wait for the next incarnation or not is a tough decision and is entirely down to you, if you are a very good driver then you are probably best waiting for the latest but if you are a club level driver who races casually then the changes to the car will probably be less noticeable than the saving of £150.

That said it's always nice to have the new gear so if you can afford it then get the new car.

Don't forget durango hasn't announced anything yet so we don't know how long it will be until the next car is released.

Diver
04-07-2011, 09:35 AM
Thanks Guys,

I have orderd the 410!!

Anny tips for me? I have read that some people say that the bigbor shocks are much better but that is a little to much $$$$ for me at the moment. Any ather tips?
I am thinking to put in my CC 3800 4pole motor in the 410 what do you think??

Thanks for your help

Ronald

Kurtje
04-07-2011, 09:48 AM
Hi Ronald

I haven't got the big bores either, and i don't mis them at the moment...
they are idd very expensive :)

I've got the speed passion 6.5T in the Durango, it's a very nice motor...
Form Castle i don't know thant much...

grtz

SHY
04-07-2011, 10:01 AM
What a mess! :lol:

1) Both 410 models are on sale everywhere. This to me clearly is to get rid of all stocks of "old" cars. This does not mean that they are bad cars! It's a very good deal, and there will be a lot of happy customers! Yes, it's always annoying when you've just bought something at full price, just to see it on sale a week later... but that's life. Rather you should be happy for those getting a good deal now. If you can't live with that, you'll just have to wait forever for that ultimate deal... And if shops adverted a coming sale, they'd ONLY sell when having the sale >> bankrupt in no time...

2) As they now make & sell big bore shocks, of course that will be included in the new version kits. And since the manufacturer still have not released any official info they probably have not finalized everything (spec, price, delivery time etc). I'm sure they are doing their best, just be patient.

3) There will always be rumours! Some like it, some don't. I myself was surprised at how secret TLR managed to keep the 22 up to release. But this was an exception, not the rule. You simply cannot critizise Durango for not releasing news because there are rumours. Take a pill & chill... :D

SHY
05-07-2011, 11:32 AM
Just ordered one myself, what a bargain! :thumbsup:

If only all manufacturers would do this occasionally! Way to go Durango!

JustARcFan
05-07-2011, 03:26 PM
I know why :p

RobW
05-07-2011, 03:37 PM
I know why :p

Who told you? The new co-developed Losi/Durango 4WD car is supposed to be a big secret....:lol:

Rob

snook
06-07-2011, 01:08 PM
Just noticed something in a pic from durango news.
Looks like they like the rear gearboxholder, and there is something going on around the servo saver and servo link.
but i cant tell if its just aftermarket parts or something they're testing.
Also what does it say on the ballcups? is it tamiya?

Stu
06-07-2011, 04:51 PM
They are Durango ball cups.

maxoo
07-07-2011, 07:33 AM
It's write "Durango HD" on the ball cups.

qwerty
07-07-2011, 01:39 PM
At the MB Models shop site

TEAM DURANGO DEX 410 V3 PRO

Predicted Spec

Big Bore Shocks

Plastic Side Guards

Plastic Servo Mount

New Body Design

£261.00

JosephShanks
08-07-2011, 12:49 AM
That's about $400 US right?

Nigel
08-07-2011, 01:27 AM
261.00 EUR = 374.896 USD

EDIT: is this for the dex410R or the dex410?? because if its for the dex410 man that is a great deal.

too bad i just got a DEX410R for 20 bucks cheaper before this update came out....i wonder if Durango would do anything for me.

capellone24
08-07-2011, 06:29 AM
261 £ = 416 $......still good deal

Nigel
09-07-2011, 05:15 AM
oh wird the site i went to told me it was 374.896 USD but now when i look at it its 261 UK£ = 418.4091 U.S. dollars

gav4wd
09-07-2011, 07:56 AM
I think it's wrong to suddenly drop the price of a car by so much, it's bad enough the loss of value as soon as you build it now if you want to sell and you have bought at the old price it's vast:thumbdown:.

wacattack
10-07-2011, 06:45 AM
I think it's wrong to suddenly drop the price of a car by so much, it's bad enough the loss of value as soon as you build it now if you want to sell and you have bought at the old price it's vast:thumbdown:.

I don't see why. In any other industry the same principles apply. You can buy a tv, clothing, car, microwave, sofa one day, the next the price is reduced. Why should the rc industry be any different?

kabilay
27-07-2011, 08:40 AM
I am very curious if we shall be able to upgrade to the new version. I suppose that we will be able. All the options that are for sale the last week seems to be parts of the new version.

fmo
27-07-2011, 10:45 AM
To be honest - as long as there is nothing announced on the Team Durango website, why should I guess anything?

Why should I even think about changing anything on my DEX410 when almost the same car in the hands of Jörn Neumann was good enough for vice world champion? Without big bores...

Big G
27-07-2011, 11:36 AM
I don't see why. In any other industry the same principles apply. You can buy a tv, clothing, car, microwave, sofa one day, the next the price is reduced. Why should the rc industry be any different?

It's even worse for real cars. You loose money the second you drive it off the forecourt

mes
27-07-2011, 11:55 AM
261.00 EUR = 374.896 USD

EDIT: is this for the dex410R or the dex410?? because if its for the dex410 man that is a great deal.

too bad i just got a DEX410R for 20 bucks cheaper before this update came out....i wonder if Durango would do anything for me.

It's pounds sterling, not euros. but still a good price. I think there will be only one version of the DEX in the future. Most 'R' drivers upgrade to a higher spec anyway.

Stu
27-07-2011, 06:39 PM
I think there will be only one version of the DEX in the future.

Do you have any information on that, or have you just made it up?

caneye
28-07-2011, 12:03 AM
To be honest - as long as there is nothing announced on the Team Durango website, why should I guess anything?

Why should I even think about changing anything on my DEX410 when almost the same car in the hands of Jörn Neumann was good enough for vice world champion? Without big bores...

:thumbsup:
couldn't agree more :D

nonetheless .. curious to know what TD has in store as "improvements" or "upgrades" eventhough I'll struggle to open up the wallet ..

mes
28-07-2011, 05:38 AM
Do you have any information on that, or have you just made it up?
As I wrote, that's just what I think. You keep hearing and hearing "Oh my, how expensive is the Durango", although the price is justified considering all the goodies that are included in the package. Sales may increase if the price tag is reduced and comparable to that of the competition. I don't know how the "R" is selling, but the full version was sold out in a second, whereas the "R" is still available. Either the racers are not interested that much in the little brother of the full race vehicle or the remaining stocks are just way bigger.

However, I'm sure we all will find out before long.
Is it time yet?! :D

morgoth
29-07-2011, 06:25 PM

I'm still wondering why they didn't use big bores at the Euro's. Are they worse than normal bores?

snook
29-07-2011, 08:02 PM
it says right there in the report:

Jorn isn't using some of the latest DEX410 parts because he hasn't tested them enough he said - this being the most important race around he doesn't want to take chances on things he's not personally tried and knows everything about. So the setup he and Hupo are running here at the Worlds has been established and whilst the guys like the new Big Bore dampers they've simply not had enough track time on dirt with them to want to be testing setups here at the World Championships.

Rebelrc
30-07-2011, 06:59 PM
I think it will have saddle lipo's . One in front and one in rear.
When I showed gerd my car like this his eyes lit up and he really liked it.
Maybe.:thumbsup:

lenika08
04-08-2011, 12:53 AM
Does phil actually work at Durango or am I reading it wrong?

And I am tempted by those prices!

bomber
06-08-2011, 06:36 PM
Hi, new to here so be gentle, I'm getting back into 1/10 off road after a small break (20 years) :) been racing lots of other classes in that time, anyway after doing some research I am going along the 410 route, I want the pro version which as you all know are not available so it seems I have to wait for the V3, I am am a little concerned with how long i may be waiting as it seems strange no one has seen this car in testing and the spec is a highly kept secret, does anyone else not think it's a little strange or are we just going to see a stripped down version of the current car with a few new parts?

mof
06-08-2011, 08:38 PM
Hi, new to here so be gentle, I'm getting back into 1/10 off road after a small break (20 years) :) been racing lots of other classes in that time, anyway after doing some research I am going along the 410 route, I want the pro version which as you all know are not available so it seems I have to wait for the V3, I am am a little concerned with how long i may be waiting as it seems strange no one has seen this car in testing and the spec is a highly kept secret, does anyone else not think it's a little strange or are we just going to see a stripped down version of the current car with a few new parts?

I think many have seen this in testing, just didn't know it.

My guess is that it is a "small" update, and that there will be no "R" and "full spec" version, only one. My guess is plastic side pods, big bore shocks, ball diffs, cab forward body. I could be very wrong, though :p

simoncrabb
06-08-2011, 08:42 PM
I love this thread.

steve73
06-08-2011, 08:44 PM
Why is everyone thinking that there is coming a new one?
Maybe Durango makes a brake for the next 2 years.....

West Ridge Racing
06-08-2011, 08:44 PM
Some driver sitting close to Hupo at the worlds said they saw him maintaining balldiffs during the 4wd event...
If it comes with balldiffs I will go buy myself a Cat SX3 instead. Only race electric indoors anyway.

Andyp
06-08-2011, 08:51 PM
Why is everyone thinking that there is coming a new one?
Maybe Durango makes a brake for the next 2 years.....

You can Pre order the v3 from mb at the moment .

As for the spec I have no idea , do you think it would be good if it had the drive shafts like the 1/8 type that they have on the sc and 2wd .

Twister
06-08-2011, 09:21 PM
strange days indeed , a 511 with geardiff and a v3 with balldiff? Then ill buy a cat too :woot:

Nigel
12-08-2011, 07:15 PM
i sure hope its not ball diff.

maybe they are just making a ball diff option part. and maybe that is what hupo was using. plus i though Durango was a fan of gear diffs because of there ball diff vs gear diff video :p if that video was real then there should be no reason to go to ball diffs:lol:

dpackster1980
15-08-2011, 07:31 AM
They can change whatever they want, I'm happy with the 410 end of. :thumbsup:

Looking at what has been tested you can assume the V3 has a new rear brace, new o/s outer bearing on the rear hubs, new centre CVD's, different shock towers as Durango has reduced the price and obviously big bores as standard.

Everything else is just assumptions and hearsay.

acorn28
15-08-2011, 10:02 AM
With TD reducing the price of some of the current parts and the out of stock status of others, such as the aluminium front suspension holder, is it going to be difficult getting hold of parts for the current DEX410 in the near future?

JohnM
15-08-2011, 01:48 PM
With TD reducing the price of some of the current parts and the out of stock status of others, such as the aluminium front suspension holder, is it going to be difficult getting hold of parts for the current DEX410 in the near future?

I wouldn't think so, they ain't stupid at TD, seems that most new bits tend to fit the older cars.

As for the alloy front suspension holder being out of stock, that'll be cos of all the peeps who just bought an R cheap buying them all:lol: it's not the first time that bit has been out of stock.

kabilay
18-08-2011, 05:36 AM
I believe that there is going to be just one kit, with the basic (moulded plastic parts) and some updated parts, and everything else will follow as option. The same path as the DEX210. This is the only way to keep the price competitive. The serious racer will choose the options he needs.

captainlip
18-08-2011, 06:34 AM
Yup certainly! This was mentioned at the very start of the thread

New shell
Big bores as standard
Plastic side pods and steering mount instead of Ali
Just a few of the changes not including a couple of updated parts with the option to upgrade further

Stu
18-08-2011, 11:43 AM
I believe that there is going to be just one kit.

Why do you beleive that?

kabilay
18-08-2011, 12:10 PM
Taking example from the release of DEX210. Simple configuration with plain materials, no R or something like that in the name of the kit and a buch of options in the options page. The same strategy as TLR 22. Full spec can be created using the new parts (alloy etc), according to the racing needs. You suceed high sales and the bug for upgrades is always there:cool:

captainlip
18-08-2011, 12:42 PM
Why do you beleive that?

There will be only one version released

Big G
18-08-2011, 12:53 PM
personally I can't help myself buying the upgrades lol

when you have nothing to spend the wages on - buy upgrades :D

coleman758
18-08-2011, 01:16 PM
personally I can't help myself buying the upgrades lol

when you have nothing to spend the wages on - buy upgrades :D

Man after my own heart :thumbsup:

mark christopher
18-08-2011, 01:19 PM

so there we have it folks its official :thumbsup:

captainlip
18-08-2011, 01:38 PM
so there we have it folks its official :thumbsup:

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

sime46
18-08-2011, 08:29 PM

Are you sure about that captain?

captainlip
18-08-2011, 08:41 PM
If I'm incorrect I'll buy a mad rat and race that and hang my rango wheels up :thumbsup:

Nigel
19-08-2011, 12:02 AM
better idea. race a mad rat, while naked, while yelling im so crazy i thought Durango would only come out with one version. :thumbsup:

Chris119
19-08-2011, 02:01 AM
Where the heck is this car already I need a new 4wd bad :(

captainlip
19-08-2011, 03:45 AM
better idea. race a mad rat, while naked, while yelling im so crazy i thought Durango would only come out with one version. :thumbsup:

Wait and see :thumbsup:

wheelspin
19-08-2011, 06:04 AM

Thats what your mum and dad said after you were born. As your mum went off to the wards your old man went for the snip :lol::lol::lol::lol:

jaffacake
19-08-2011, 08:11 AM
Thats what your mum and dad said after you were born. As your mum went off to the wards your old man went for the snip :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Very good :lol:

mark christopher
19-08-2011, 09:40 AM
If I'm incorrect I'll buy a mad rat and race that and hang my rango wheels up :thumbsup:

the lads at durango are now hastly coming up with a blingy version just to get rid of you lol

MikePimlott
19-08-2011, 09:51 AM

No need for that,

Just unplug your modem and stop posting on oople :thumbsup:

captainlip
19-08-2011, 10:58 AM
No need for that,

Just unplug your modem and stop posting on oople :thumbsup:

And who would entertain you then? :D

Big G
19-08-2011, 11:11 AM
crazy frog?

Stu
19-08-2011, 12:20 PM

:eh?: Really?

SHY
19-08-2011, 12:47 PM

LOL!!! And on that bombshell I wish all you sick puppies a great weekend! :lol::lol::lol:

Anibal Henriques
19-08-2011, 01:51 PM
Some spy photos it would be nice:D

Coopers78
26-08-2011, 05:09 PM
no other news for the Euro Pau ???

gav4wd
28-08-2011, 08:18 PM
http://www.team-durango.com/blog/wp-content/gallery/20114wdeuros/hupojorn.jpg

maybe from these pics the eagle eyes on oople can see the new bits
just noticed neither running the new flex control brace
if you look at the rear shock tower on Jorns car there are 3 camber hole instead of the 2 now

West Ridge Racing
28-08-2011, 08:22 PM
One thing doesn't showing are the balldiffs. Bet they have them but not told about them;). Hope the evil rumours are wrong.

Andyp
28-08-2011, 08:32 PM
Mmm the only things i can really see are the wheel hexes, alloy rear gearbox holder, body and ball cups that are new. oh and bb shocks but they are kinda a bit old now!

i notice they are both using a plastic slipper mount (the bit oppisite the motor mount)

the rest of the cars look like a mix of the normal full fat and the 'r' version, im not sure if its the pics but looks like Jorn is using an alloy servo mount on hupo's car it looks plastic.

captainlip
28-08-2011, 08:56 PM
http://www.team-durango.com/blog/wp-content/gallery/20114wdeuros/hupojorn.jpg

maybe from these pics the eagle eyes on oople can see the new bits
just noticed neither running the new flex control brace
if you look at the rear shock tower on Jorns car there are 3 camber hole instead of the 2 now

correct me if im wrong but isnt the "heatsink" X12 plate make the motor "illegal" to use at BRCA events?

secondly what m3 nuts are those that nicely match the durango gold?

as for the rest there isnt much to see in those pics as far as V3 bits go

Andyp
28-08-2011, 09:04 PM
correct me if im wrong but isnt the "heatsink" X12 plate make the motor "illegal" to use at BRCA events?

The euros isnt a brca event is it ?

secondly what m3 nuts are those that nicely match the durango gold?

Gold ones?

just out of interest as i dont know , but why is the heatsink non brca ?

captainlip
28-08-2011, 09:17 PM
just out of interest as i dont know , but why is the heatsink non brca ?

ah thought it would be similar to BRCA rules,

i believe it makes the motor unusable in brca events as its not been passed with brca.............thats what ive heard.

Big G
28-08-2011, 09:52 PM
neither have the new rear wing ;)

I doubt the V3 car will actually be run by anyone. It'll be put together and boxed up ready to sell 1 day.

GRIFF55
28-08-2011, 09:53 PM
Jorns motor mount is a different colour to hupo's too?

Andyp
28-08-2011, 10:06 PM
Jorns motor mount is a different colour to hupo's too?

i first bought an 09 dex410 when it wore out i got a 'R' version to replace all the worn bits..........the motor mounts were diffrent shades in both , think it must just be down to different batches maybe ?

Stu
29-08-2011, 05:39 PM
neither have the new rear wing ;)

Just me then?

morfeas
29-08-2011, 09:12 PM
Hi,
I think that if you look closely to the picture, the front right hub of Hupo's car is different than the left one, even the drive shaft seems different. Could it be something similar to the DESC410?
Anywasy, just an idea, it is not that clear....

Chris119
31-08-2011, 03:30 PM
This kit a myth or what? Still no "official" announcement from Durango.
Maybe I should just build up an existing kit or should I wait? Anyone know?:confused:

old-man
08-09-2011, 02:25 AM
From TD

"The new features on the DEX410v3 are:-

Big bore shocks - more consistent on rough tracks due to the larger volume of oil.

Gold shock shafts as standard – super smooth Ti Ni coated shock shafts.

New ‘Kuhler’ Body – increased space inside the body and improved air flow to the electronics

New RR suspension arm brace – allows the rear squat to be altered using moulded inserts.

New ‘Fine Tune’ shock towers with finer adjustment for the upper mounting positions and more rear camber link positions on the rear tower.

New HD Ball Ends used throughout – tighter fitting and less likely to pop off during a collision.

Changes from the 2010 kit are:-

Plastic side rails are used in place of the aluminium side rails.

Plastic servo mount is used in place of the machined aluminium one.

Plastic rear gearbox inserts used in place of the machined aluminium parts.

Plastic middle bulkhead used in place of the machined aluminium part.

Moulded upper shock mounts with steel screw.

Revised rear bulkhead and rear gearbox hoop to improve strength in these areas.

Steel turnbuckles used in place of titanium turnbuckles.

Shock and drive shaft boots removed from the kit.

Some of these changes have been made following feedback we received from drivers of the out-going model. After listening to our team drivers and our customers we feel that not all of the machined aluminium parts are required in the kit, so changing these to plastic has helped us bring out a better, but less expensive buggy.

We will still be producing the machined aluminium parts, rubber boots and other option parts for this kit to allow people to upgrade their models should they choose to.

The part number and name for this kit are TD102011 DEX410v3"

kabilay
08-09-2011, 05:38 AM
From TD

Big bore shocks - more consistent on rough tracks due to the larger volume of oil.

New ‘Kuhler’ Body – increased space inside the body and improved air flow to the electronics

New RR suspension arm brace – allows the rear squat to be altered using moulded inserts.

New ‘Fine Tune’ shock towers with finer adjustment for the upper mounting positions and more rear camber link positions on the rear tower.

New HD Ball Ends used throughout – tighter fitting and less likely to pop off during a collision.

Some of these changes have been made following feedback we received from drivers of the out-going model. After listening to our team drivers and our customers we feel that not all of the machined aluminium parts are required in the kit, so changing these to plastic has helped us bring out a better, but less expensive buggy.

We will still be producing the machined aluminium parts, rubber boots and other option parts for this kit to allow people to upgrade their models should they choose to.

what about the new center drive shafts with the double joints? the 14mm hex wheels etc? Something is missing..:eh?:

sime46
08-09-2011, 06:58 AM
Hex's are standard and the d joints are optional parts I'm told. V3 will be a good progression. Cheaper to buy as you choose whether to spec it up or not. Great car got better.

Rebelrc
08-09-2011, 07:36 AM
All retro fit then I assume?

Big G
08-09-2011, 08:00 AM
when did TD post these details?

captainlip
08-09-2011, 09:18 AM
From TD

sounds very fimilar to post number 1 in this thread :rolleyes:

Bozzspeed
08-09-2011, 09:53 AM
sounds very fimilar to post number 1 in this thread :rolleyes:

WOW. You are on the ball. You picked to product which we knew were coming. A new body and big bore shock.

Someone send him a prize. :thumbsup:

Big G
08-09-2011, 10:19 AM
although it's likely most/all of what's been said will happen I'm not jumping for joy until TD actually make the announcement themselves.

People who have previously shown they can't build simple diffs don't carry a lot of credibility with me sorry. I don't mean to throw mud in your face lip. I know you understand what I mean.

captainlip
08-09-2011, 11:30 AM
all down to a poor batch of diff cases buddy, nothing to do with the builder :p cases were replaced along with bearings and been fine since.

I did edit the 1st post, but it had origional details detailing the increase in plastic parts etc etc very very similar to the previous post.

yes its no announcement from TD and thats what where all waiting for.

Big G
08-09-2011, 12:25 PM
total speculation so far then :)

kabilay
08-09-2011, 12:32 PM
:woot::woot:So these are not words from a company representative. If it was in a paper copy it could easily be spotted as a fraud case:p since it says

"From TD........We will still be producing the machined aluminium parts, rubber boots and other option parts for this kit to allow people to upgrade their models should they choose to.

The part number and name for this kit are TD102011 DEX410v3""

Lets see the actual announcement ...in the future...

captainlip
08-09-2011, 12:38 PM
old mans source

http://www.rctech.net/forum/malaysian-r-c-racers/389194-team-durango-malaysia-16.html

Big G
08-09-2011, 12:43 PM
doesn't look very TD to me. tbh unless it comes from Adam or the TD website I'm not counting chickens

captainlip
08-09-2011, 12:50 PM
have a look at the thread just posted :D

wazee
08-09-2011, 01:07 PM
jets in the rctech forum was one of the first person wo got a dnx408 MONTH before it was released in europe. He even had a pre production version and a complete kit before they were shipping them to the rest of the world.

As far as i remember he has some connection to the factory that are producing the durango stuff.

captainlip
08-09-2011, 01:12 PM
another piece to this puzzle! :D

Adam Skelding
08-09-2011, 01:38 PM
jets in the rctech forum was one of the first person wo got a dnx408 MONTH before it was released in europe. He even had a pre production version and a complete kit before they were shipping them to the rest of the world.

As far as i remember he has some connection to the factory that are producing the durango stuff.

The only pre-production kits are visible from my desk... Jets has no connection with TD or the factory:
There is an 'Official' press release due very shortly. The news will be released on the TD website and will go out to the ususal news sites at the same time.

Then the waiting will be over..

coleman758
08-09-2011, 01:53 PM
Sounds good!

captainlip
08-09-2011, 02:42 PM
The only pre-production kits are visible from my desk... Jets has no connection with TD or the factory:
There is an 'Official' press release due very shortly. The news will be released on the TD website and will go out to the ususal news sites at the same time.

can we have a countdown clock similar to the millenium countdown? :thumbsup:

t8rtot
08-09-2011, 02:54 PM

thank you for clearing that up, however it is true he did have his kit running at least a month before the car was released whether it was perk for being a shop or distributor i don't know but that is fact

Northy
08-09-2011, 03:26 PM
Is this what you've been waiting for? :D

http://www.team-durango.com/blog/2011/09/08/dex410-v3-official-announcement/

ian h
08-09-2011, 03:26 PM
Get your pre orders done at jespares. 2 versions listed.

mattybucks
08-09-2011, 03:57 PM
I'll be doing a pre-order of this kit as well, more details to go on the Telstar Racing site tonight.

captainlip
08-09-2011, 04:09 PM
I'll be doing a pre-order of this kit as well, more details to go on the Telstar Racing site tonight.

Keep us posted!

mikeyscott
08-09-2011, 04:15 PM

Bit of a bargin in my view! mmm wet weather winter car

£260 = peanuts for a 4WD

captainlip
08-09-2011, 04:17 PM
I thought that its extremely cheap!

but if you add up with all the ali parts and upgrades soon gets expensive :thumbsup:

Bungleaio
08-09-2011, 04:18 PM
I spy an expensive month, I'm after a 210 and 410 :thumbsup:

captainlip
nobodys noticed the rear mid driveshaft is 68mm instead of 70mm

and the bearings supplied look similar to the kits I stock :D

does the 14mm hex included to the rear wheels?

mikeyscott
I thought that its extremely cheap!

but if you add up with all the ali parts and upgrades soon gets expensive :thumbsup:

Just like any car these days. Which I prefer is it doesn't force the end customer to buy bling etc.

Rear drive shaft links look different & new blue seal bearings etc.

TRF511 for me, but I won't be racing it outdoors over winter. Now a spare Durango to run over winter and then ditch come spring sounds like an idea..

Jnunu1
08-09-2011, 04:56 PM
How much was the old one? Isnt this cheaper than the old 410R? How r they doing that then?

mikeyscott
08-09-2011, 04:57 PM
How much was the old one? Isnt this cheaper than the old 410R? How r they doing that then?

Not far of the old 410R price and I think the old 410 2010 spec was nearer £400

Ross
08-09-2011, 04:59 PM
and the bearings supplied look similar to the kits I stock :D

Do you mean there round with a hole in the middle.......:eh?:

Big G
08-09-2011, 05:32 PM

I parted with £450 for my 2010 spec in Dec '10

paulc
08-09-2011, 05:33 PM
Do you mean there round with a hole in the middle.......:eh?:

:lol::lol:

mikeyscott
08-09-2011, 05:34 PM
I parted with £450 for my 2010 spec in Dec '10

Ouch!

Big G
08-09-2011, 06:13 PM
it's only money at the end of the day. we can always earn more :)

team n.o.m.a.d
08-09-2011, 06:45 PM
its good to know that i dont need to sell my old one i can just upgrade it if i want to make it new spec.:thumbsup:

Jnunu1
08-09-2011, 06:56 PM
Is this now the cheapest high spec 4wd kit on the market?

ASKay
08-09-2011, 08:44 PM
oh bugger another car I want....:drool:

captainlip
08-09-2011, 09:05 PM
Is this now the cheapest high spec 4wd kit on the market?

time for a change john! you wont regret it!

Jnunu1
08-09-2011, 09:13 PM
time for a change john! you wont regret it!

You could be right. Got an sp 6.5v3 landing tomorrow. Just need a speedo to match and somewhere to race the sodding thing! Lol. Hope to see you at rr!

captainlip
08-09-2011, 09:21 PM
Ill be around if it gets running, would be more interested if its an off road track.

old-man
09-09-2011, 01:23 AM

Bingo!!

kabilay
09-09-2011, 11:50 AM
A question for Adam.
What about the servo saver crank. Is it the same? From the pics it seems so. Are you going to release a stronger one like Tresrey's/Racers Edge?

jaffacake
09-09-2011, 05:30 PM
A question for Adam.
What about the servo saver crank. Is it the same? From the pics it seems so. Are you going to release a stronger one like Tresrey's/Racers Edge?

Good question :)

sime46
09-09-2011, 08:18 PM
What's wrong with the kit arm? I've never broken one. I think if the saver is set correctly this should be fine. What breaks?

Big G
10-09-2011, 08:34 AM
I never broke the kit arm either

dibble34
10-09-2011, 08:40 AM
Do you have the R or the full fat? I have the R with the plastic steering parts and too have never broken one. A friend has the full fat version with the aluminium steering parts and broke the plastic servo saver all the time. I would assume there is less give in the full dex410 steering setup?

sime46
10-09-2011, 09:38 AM
Mines a full spec. I have the truck too. The saver is totally different on the truck tho. Both bullet proof.

Big G
10-09-2011, 07:51 PM
Dunno if anyone said it earlier, but the part the battery clip goes through looks like it bolts to the chassis on the v3 rather than attaching to the pods...

Andyp
10-09-2011, 08:06 PM
Dunno if anyone said it earlier, but the part the battery clip goes through looks like it bolts to the chassis on the v3 rather than attaching to the pods...

You could be right ,mb have the now old chassis going cheap! So that make sense .

captainlip
10-09-2011, 08:18 PM
You could be right ,mb have the now old chassis going cheap! So that make sense .

and the motor mount also :confused:

Andyp
10-09-2011, 08:28 PM
and the motor mount also :confused:

Yeah noticed that too , what's diff with the motor mount tho?

captainlip
10-09-2011, 08:34 PM
and has anyone figured out why there is a difference in mid driveshaft lengths? :confused: I certainly hope durango dont make the current driveshafts obsolete so we have to make numerous upgrades

captainlip
10-09-2011, 08:35 PM
Yeah noticed that too , what's diff with the motor mount tho?

looks pimp in the gold the new one.

jaffacake
12-09-2011, 07:33 AM
I have the 410, so im guessing the only worthwhile upgrade for me would be the wheel hexes,are these replacing the pins on the back i take it?
Oh & obviously i would need a new set of rims then too?
And the hd ball cups

Big G
12-09-2011, 07:52 AM
and has anyone figured out why there is a difference in mid driveshaft lengths? :confused: I certainly hope durango dont make the current driveshafts obsolete so we have to make numerous upgrades

I can't remember which thread/where I saw it, but Adam said some changes had been made in that area to address the popping out issue some drivers had experienced.

Hulk
12-09-2011, 08:35 AM
I can't remember which thread/where I saw it, but Adam said some changes had been made in that area to address the popping out issue some drivers had experienced.

Looks as though the slipper outdrive is longer, which allows the prop shaft to sit deeper into into the outdrive.

You can carry on running your current prop shaft/sliiper outdrive, then when they wear out just upgrade to the new one. Personally ive never had a problem with the shaft popping out, but Durango have listened to customers feedback and implemented the change to make this area bullet proof.

RC John
15-09-2011, 06:12 PM
Looks as though the slipper outdrive is longer, which allows the prop shaft to sit deeper into into the outdrive.

It looks the same as the old version to me. I popped the front shaft out of the slipper outdrive and from the V3 pics, it still doesn't look like the shaft sits any deeper in the outdrive.

Love the look of the new body!

captainlip
15-09-2011, 06:18 PM
because the shaft is shorter also

AfroP
15-09-2011, 07:43 PM

weren't you saying in another thread that you expected more
"Im just suprised there isnt "more" "
"I was expecting to spend loads on upgrades!"

Now there is "more" and your complaining?

I'm confused :confused:

captainlip
15-09-2011, 07:46 PM
weren't you saying in another thread that you expected more
"Im just suprised there isnt "more" "
"I was expecting to spend loads on upgrades!"

Now there is more and your complaining?

I'm confused :confused:

your very confused because there is no complaining, none of its complaining, just been read as im complaining.

RC John
15-09-2011, 09:22 PM
because the shaft is shorter also

What does lengthening the outdrive and shortening the shaft accomplish?

captainlip
15-09-2011, 09:40 PM
What does lengthening the outdrive and shortening the shaft accomplish?

ask durango, as yet the FULL details of the V3 are a little thin so we all have to wait a bit.

t8rtot
16-09-2011, 05:13 PM
your very confused because there is no complaining, none of its complaining, just been read as im complaining.

no we're confused because 1st you say you wanted to see more on the car, now your saying you don't wanna see to much..

wacattack
16-09-2011, 05:37 PM
Me just hypothesising reasons for the outdrive position and a shorter shaft...

...there is likely to be less strain on the slipper outdrive. A drive shaft when rotating wants to push out from the axle rather than stay linear to the axle, so a shorter shaft will have less force (laws of moments) trying to push the shaft outwards when in the outdrive.

...it could also be to do with the flex point of the chassis. The closer the entry of the outdrive is to the middle of the chassis the more movement potential and hence the shaft to pop out in extreme impact situations. Therefore moving it results in less chance of this occurring.

ridgeracer
16-09-2011, 05:45 PM
no we're confused because 1st you say you wanted to see more on the car, now your saying you don't wanna see to much..

This has nothing to do an a rc car forum.
Were here to discuss our hobby not certain persons.

Owe

captainlip
16-09-2011, 06:06 PM

let me correct you, I EXPECTED more, not wanted to see more :rolleyes:

BostonNelson
17-09-2011, 12:18 AM
Oh man! At first I was pretty annoyed by captainlips posts but now I'm more annoyed with all you people arguing with him. Just let him be and start discussing the cars instead. The whole Durango thread really has been destroyed and it is not captainlips own fault. He actually does write some valid posts now and then.

Shame on you all :D !

Rebelrc
17-09-2011, 07:37 AM
^^^^^^i agree with that man
Leave lippy alone. It reads like your bullying him slightly. No ones right all the time but he does have some valid points of view !
I think the v3 is spot on
Upgrade if you want, or don't
Love it

Jamesy
17-09-2011, 07:37 AM
I think the reason for the shorter rear centre shaft and longer slipper output is to stop the shaft from bottoming out on the slipper when the rear of the chassis flexes up/forward.

When this happens with the current design it can push the rear gearbox, making it rotate upwards, putting pressure on the hoop that holds the rear gearbox in place. These new parts should stop the hoop from breaking. The hoop on the new kit is also beefed up somewhat over the current one.

Of course the aluminium hoop is available for extra bling and more strength in this area.:thumbsup:

Kiixx
17-09-2011, 08:59 AM
I think the reason for the shorter rear centre shaft and longer slipper output is to stop the shaft from bottoming out on the slipper when the rear of the chassis flexes up/forward.

When this happens with the current design it can push the rear gearbox, making it rotate upwards, putting pressure on the hoop that holds the rear gearbox in place. These new parts should stop the hoop from breaking. The hoop on the new kit is also beefed up somewhat over the current one.

Of course the aluminium hoop is available for extra bling and more strength in this area.:thumbsup:

Haha,, i actually broke my plastic hoop, so got the bling one instead, i was thinking that it broke due to too much torque on the backwheels landing on them after a triple jump, and going on full power at the impact point. but anyway, get the bling one, and never have that problem again.

badger5
17-09-2011, 12:46 PM
The TD website now lists the spares for 410 V3 and 410R V3. This shows the rear centre shaft as 68mm long life shaft, so perhaps it's also case hardened? The new rear suspension hangers are also listed.

DaHomie
19-09-2011, 09:42 AM
The TD website now lists the spares for 410 V3 and 410R V3. This shows the rear centre shaft as 68mm long life shaft, so perhaps it's also case hardened? The new rear suspension hangers are also listed.

Any chance of you pasting a URL badger, I cannot find this info on the TD web site. Probably me being blind, but nevertheless I cannot see it.

Dazzler
19-09-2011, 09:52 AM
Any chance of you pasting a URL badger, I cannot find this info on the TD web site. Probably me being blind, but nevertheless I cannot see it.

Use this link, http://www.team-durango.com/parts.php?mcat=p12

Then use the drop down 'filter by kit'

Choose whichever you want to look at. The Rv3 and v3 are in the list.

captainlip
19-09-2011, 10:24 AM
not seent this before?

http://www.team-durango.com/part-info.php?partNo=TD390027

Andyp
19-09-2011, 10:26 AM
not seent this before?

http://www.team-durango.com/part-info.php?partNo=TD390027

It's for the sc . But is listed as an option for the v3 !?!

captainlip
19-09-2011, 11:19 AM
But is listed as an option for the v3 !?!

thats what I thought :confused:

Big G
19-09-2011, 12:06 PM
if they could just hold off the V3 release for another week please. I've spent Septembers wages already... only kidding. gogooggo

captainlip
19-09-2011, 12:21 PM
if they could just hold off the V3 release for another week please. I've spent Septembers wages already... only kidding. gogooggo

I hear its going to be the end of the month for the V3

Big G
19-09-2011, 01:22 PM
that's fine. i'll have been paid again by then :D

captainlip
19-09-2011, 01:59 PM
that's fine. i'll have been paid again by then :D

:lol::lol::lol:

cwloi
20-09-2011, 11:09 AM
buy on 20 September 2011 :thumbsup:

Dazzler
20-09-2011, 11:14 AM
They appeared to be in stock at MB Models yesterday... And still today.. Looking at their website.

mikeyscott
20-09-2011, 11:21 AM
:thumbsup: Good ole MB Models

Big G
20-09-2011, 12:04 PM
buy on 20 September 2011 :thumbsup:

that's a box... not a car... :confused:

mikeyscott
20-09-2011, 12:05 PM
that's a box... not a car... :confused:

MB Models list them as in stock

captainlip
20-09-2011, 12:16 PM
MB Models list them as in stock

may order one and see when it actually turns up :lol:

mikeyscott
20-09-2011, 12:18 PM
may order one and see when it actually turns up :lol:

Based on how good Michael is at MB I'd expect next day

captainlip
20-09-2011, 12:21 PM
I use MB for all my rango spares :thumbsup:

mikeyscott
20-09-2011, 12:21 PM
The other crew I'd check with is RC Lazy

The Chef
20-09-2011, 09:40 PM
Waiting to hear back, what is the other guys name Simon Crabb and ?? Want some of these for the weekend:thumbsup:

mikeyscott
20-09-2011, 09:41 PM
Waiting to hear back, what is the other guys name Simon Crabb and ?? Want some of these for the weekend:thumbsup:

Mark Townsend.

RC Lazy are at TORCH on Sunday. You ditching the SX3?

The Chef
20-09-2011, 09:45 PM
Thank you.

I'll race it sunday but yes They will both go. RB5 SP2 vega and new Rango for me and a RB5 SP2 for oscar, It is just easier this way and will be better for oscar to learn on.:thumbsup:

mikeyscott
20-09-2011, 09:48 PM
Thank you.

I'll race it sunday but yes They will both go. RB5 SP2 vega and new Rango for me and a RB5 SP2 for oscar, It is just easier this way and will be better for oscar to learn on.:thumbsup:

lol getting as bad as me.

I'll be ordering one as a winter car :thumbsup: