PDA

View Full Version : ROUND 4; BRCA EoE Regional @ MERCC 26th June 2011

Benh
13-06-2011, 11:36 PM
Just a reminder to everyone regarding round four of the EoE Regional.

I am expecting an excellent host membership turnout for this one. MERCC are regularly filling 3 and 4 heats of 1:10 Off Road. Add the travellers and this will probably be the largest single number of competitors this year. :thumbsup:

For all the info, go to www.brca-eoe.co.uk (http://www.brca-eoe.co.uk)

and please book in as normal. Pay on the day to the race director for this round.

Emails will go out the day before covering any last minute details. But the track will be open from 8.30am inc practice.
Handout transponders only
Lots of trophies too!

BIG NOTICE!:
It is imperative that you take your BRCA Membership card and show it to the race Director on the morning of the race - Failure to do so will result in no racing! If you have misplaced it, damaged it etc, ensure you replace it before the meeting. I cannot vouch for anyone, regardless of previous entries. Everyone has plenty of time to sort out any replacements if required. Please PM any concerns - Thank you.

jcb
19-06-2011, 08:08 PM
Roll on round 4 :thumbsup:

Looking forward to heading back to MERCC it's always provided some great racing and some surprise results in the past (hopefully that means I'll win :D)

spenner
19-06-2011, 08:20 PM
Can you tell me if you run an open meeting along side your regionals ????

There are a few of us looking to race next sunday (grass track) if so who do we need to enter with.

Benh
19-06-2011, 10:07 PM
Roll on round 4 :thumbsup:

Looking forward to heading back to MERCC it's always provided some great racing and some surprise results in the past (hopefully that means I'll win :D)

Another winner in the 2wd! That will be the 4th winner and a different one for each round. I hope so!:D

Benh
19-06-2011, 10:16 PM
Can you tell me if you run an open meeting along side your regionals ????

There are a few of us looking to race next sunday (grass track) if so who do we need to enter with.

Hi John, great to hear your coming along.

Open class - Yes we do and it's mingled.;) Please use the book in page at www.brca-eoe.co.uk - fill your details inc whether you're doing 2,4 or both etc.

If you are NOT looking to score EoE regions points just drop a note through the contact page with your names, so when I transpose the points to the champ tables I don't include you.

Cheers

JohnM
20-06-2011, 11:28 AM
Another winner in the 2wd! That will be the 4th winner and a different one for each round. I hope so!:D

But, do we know if Jonathan has a new 2wd car Ben? remember the Cougar went in the bin (well E-Bay) after the last round at Coastal!

Maybe he has a nice new CAT SX3, and will scupper our slim chances of stopping George from wrapping up the 4wd title this weekend;)

JohnM
20-06-2011, 11:32 AM
Hi John, great to hear your coming along.

Open class - Yes we do and it's mingled.;) Please use the book in page at www.brca-eoe.co.uk (http://www.brca-eoe.co.uk) - fill your details inc whether you're doing 2,4 or both etc.

If you are NOT looking to score EoE regions points just drop a note through the contact page with your names, so when I transpose the points to the champ tables I don't include you.

Cheers

Ben, a few years back, we had Grant Williams and a few others not running in the EoE, turn up to the regional at Colchester that year, they ran with everyone as normal in qualiy, but had their own final. That way you don't get points scorers being bumped into the B final and maybe missing out on extra points that might get scored.

Either way it'll be good to see some of the better lads come along:thumbsup:

spenner
20-06-2011, 11:38 AM
Thanks for the reply,

As someone has posted above we do normally get removed from the finals unless opting to do that region. We don't want to ruin other peoples chances who are actually racing in the region.

Looking forward to racing at Braxted, last time i raced there was 1998 Brca National!!!!

jcb
20-06-2011, 12:23 PM
There's some decent photos on the clubs Facebook page, search Mid Essex Radio Car Club. Although there doesn't seem to be as much grass as in previous years!

Yep none regional runners should have their own final. I guess depending on the number in attendance they could be run in a seperate heat altogether if that makes things more straight forward?!?

JohnM, new car, but no comment on what it is, you'll just have to wait until sunday.

JohnM
20-06-2011, 02:14 PM
JohnM, new car, but no comment on what it is, you'll just have to wait until sunday.

We'll get a bit more of an idea sooner then that Jon, unless your planning on not booking in before hand;)

racingdwarf
22-06-2011, 06:09 PM
I'm going to let the cat out of the bag! ....it's a tamiya hornet:lol:, sorry jon, I just can't keep a secret:p

Oh and Benh you have pm

Benh
23-06-2011, 10:03 AM
Oh and Benh you have pm

Sorted!

Mr Browns new wheels.......

After hearing about the infamous Marshal-less finals I heard it was one of these.......

http://direct.tesco.com/pi/Enlarge/4/AW10208-0234TPS778000.jpg

JohnM
23-06-2011, 11:03 AM
Can't be that Ben, I saw one in Toys R Us yesterday, don't think it will fit in the box:lol:

Adam F
23-06-2011, 06:33 PM
Any idea on numbers for this Sunday?

Thinking about booking in for both classes, but want to be sure there will be time in between heats...

Cheers Adam.

spenner
23-06-2011, 06:41 PM
Looks like there will be about 6 of us coming down sunday, can you tell us what time gates open etc please.

Thanks

Benh
23-06-2011, 08:06 PM

Thinking about booking in for both classes, but want to be sure there will be time in between heats...

Cheers Adam.

It will be an average of 30mins between heats for people doing two classes;)
Or
1hr for those doing 1.

Benh
23-06-2011, 08:13 PM
Looks like there will be about 6 of us coming down sunday, can you tell us what time gates open etc please.

Thanks

Hi John

Please can you send me the details of who's coming. We are loading the system tomorrow with everyone's details to save time on the day. It's better/easier to remove non-arrivals than try and input, on the day.

Name
4wd/2wd or both
BRCA no.
Xtals
Make/model of cars

Gates open 8.30.
Practice until 9.30 when booking in closes.
Track closed for drivers briefing.
Racing will start as close to 9.30 as possible

Many thanks

Ben

Essexboyracer
24-06-2011, 02:39 PM

Cheers Adam.

In our last meeting a fortnight ago, we had 3 heats of nitros, 2 heats of 2wd electric and 1 full heat of 4wd electric.

It was a bit of a rush for me running both electric classes, but certainly possible, and it should be easier this week with all the extra people.

Adam F
24-06-2011, 06:32 PM
Is it mixed Electric/Nitro this Sunday then?

Thought it would just be 2wd/4wd electric?

Essexboyracer
24-06-2011, 06:51 PM
Is it mixed Electric/Nitro this Sunday then?

Thought it would just be 2wd/4wd electric?

We're running the regional along with our usual offroad series, so there will be 1/8th Nitros racing too.

spenner
24-06-2011, 08:14 PM
Can someone from the club confirm the following please.

Is the track designed for the 10th regional or will it be large to cater for the 8th running too ?
Is there much grass left on the track ?
If not is the track rutted ?

Reason i ask is there is around 7/8 of us coming down to practice on grass ready for the next National, if the track is going to be large and no grass/rutted then this is no use for us making 200 mile round trips. The pictures on the web site look good.

If someone could let us know that would be great.

Thanks

No. 46
24-06-2011, 08:37 PM
I went down to MERCC a month or so back and then the track was very much a 10th track in my opinion, lap time wise 4wd electric were doing the same laps in 5 minutes as nitro were doing in 6 so the track was definitely more suited to 10th.

As to the surface, there were areas where the grass was plentiful and areas were it was just dust but the track was in no way rutted, but it has been ideal grass growing weather since i went down there, where as when i went down there it hadn't rained in braxted for 8 weeks.

You're best bet is to judge by the piccies on there facebook page, just google search mercc and it comes up.

Cheers

George

spenner
24-06-2011, 08:41 PM
Thankyou

JohnM
24-06-2011, 09:16 PM
I agree with George, I was at the same meeting, thought the track was in pretty good condition for how little rain we'd had before then.

Since then it's done a lot of raining which will help the grass, plus I belive they've only had one club meet since we went a month ago, so not a lot of use either.

Will be good if you lot come down John, always nice to see how far off the pace we are of the quick peeps:blush:

spenner
24-06-2011, 09:20 PM
I am sure we will be watching you guys first :thumbsup:

JohnM
24-06-2011, 09:26 PM
Without laughing I hope:lol:

Adam F
24-06-2011, 09:37 PM
Who's down from Silverstone John?

Me and Ben are heading down too...

spenner
24-06-2011, 09:44 PM
Me, Lloyd, Rich Ralph, Kev Lee, Paul Timberlake and Ian Edwards

Adam F
24-06-2011, 09:51 PM
Nice easy open finals then! :blush: :lol:

Will try not to get in the way when you lot tear past...

Benh
25-06-2011, 12:08 AM
Just gone through the heat listings!:D With some good weather and such a great turnout, this looks to be a promising days racing.

From seasoned National Drivers, Top regional drivers, 1/8th scale national drivers dabbling in the 10th and of course there infamous tri-chump monkey cup. George is looking to wrap up the 4WD champs. Jonathan Brown has his secret Tesco-Tonka-Toy to come an blow the 2WD wide open and I sense a certain Mr Watkins is looking to put his best foot forward for the junior champs.

Heat listings are currently being verified after an earlier submission and will be posted and emailed tomorrow so everyone knows in advance where they are.

Looks like
9 x Heats Consisting of
Heat 1 - Nitro (6)
Heat 2 - 2WD Regional (6)
Heat 3 - 2WD Regional (6)
Heat 4 - 2WD MERCC OPEN (8)
Heat 5 - 2WD MERCC Club Champs (8)
Heat 6 - 4WD Regional (6)
Heat 7 - 4WD Regional (7)
Heat 8 - 4WD MERCC Club Champs (7)
Heat 9 - Nitro (6)

Benh
25-06-2011, 12:11 AM
Oh yeah...... that means (and no pressure) Mr Parry, but you'll be showing the TLR22's the way round:thumbsup:

Benh
25-06-2011, 09:05 AM
PDF CLICKY (http://gallery.myff.org/gallery/1090118/Braxted%2026th%20June%202011%20Provisional%20Heat% 20Listing%20POST.pdf)

Adam F
25-06-2011, 09:38 AM
Jesus! Dont fancy our chances in the open 2wd at all... :cry:

Benh
25-06-2011, 10:11 AM
Jesus! Dont fancy our chances in the open 2wd at all... :cry:

You're off first - They'll never catch you;)

Joking aside - PM sent and adjustments being made.

Dufty07
25-06-2011, 06:25 PM
Lookin very good 4 2moro:thumbsup:HOT weather and HOT racin:thumbsup:
Does the nitro racin come with ear plugs!!!!
Cant w8 4 jcb to show off his new (KYOSHO, TAMIYA,DURANGO,TEAM LOSI,MARDAVE,TEAM ASSOCIATED,ANSMANN,SCHUMACHER....:confused:)
and put his hat in the ring too.
I hope u National boys come down, the racin is always GR8 to watch.
C U TRACKSIDE:thumbsup:

jcb
26-06-2011, 08:01 PM
Thanks to all at MERCC for a nice days racing, even if it did go on and on and on, everyone seemed to enjoy themselves and thats all that counts I guess.

Well done to all the winners of the day :thumbsup:

rcmodelweek
27-06-2011, 09:06 AM
I would also like to thank mercc for a good days racing, and also to Ben, George and everyone else who helped me out at my first 1/10th meeting, I had a really good time with the Associated. Got a few things to improve on the car, and build up a selection of tyres!
Looking forward to the next round,
Thanks again,
Barry.

Benh
27-06-2011, 04:22 PM
Thanks to all at MERCC for a nice days racing, even if it did go on and on and on, everyone seemed to enjoy themselves and thats all that counts I guess.

Well done to all the winners of the day :thumbsup:

WHAT A MORNING, DAY, EVENING, NIGHT........:o

I want to congratulate everyone who drove very well and very clean.

Especially Simon and George who were toe to toe all day in both classes.

Well done John M, for TQ in the 4WD and we are now even on points with Simon Watson on the chase.

I'm keeping this short until I get all the results together but I think I mostly want to say thank you to those who had to drive very long ways and were in great spirits all the way to the end. :thumbsup:

Thanks to all the "stand in" marshalls too.......... Details and updates to follow.......

spenner
27-06-2011, 07:47 PM
Really enjoyed sunday, worth the travel. Really sorry we couldn't stay for the last leg but it was getting late. (Still didn't get home till 8pm due to accident on A120)

Must say track hasn't really changed must since i last raced there at the BRCA National 1998!!!!!

Benh
28-06-2011, 07:42 PM
I would also like to thank mercc for a good days racing, and also to Ben, George and everyone else who helped me out at my first 1/10th meeting, I had a really good time with the Associated. Got a few things to improve on the car, and build up a selection of tyres!
Looking forward to the next round,
Thanks again,
Barry.

You're welcome:thumbsup:

At Coastal - George went very well with Schuey cut staggers on the front and Schuey Yellow Mini Spikes on the rear. If it's wet, ballistic greens - (Don't buy any of these - I have spares BNIP if you need them on the day;) Save you a few pennies and it will help me lighten the stock of tyres I have)

There is a rumour that the D-Boots will work well at Coastal, but I will strongly suggest a squidgy insert. Mr O's will work nicely. Anything firm is a disaster as I proved this weekend.:blush:

RESULTS ARE POSTED!:thumbsup:

Turns out George hasn't quite crossed the line just yet in the 4WD. :o There is mathematically one person left in the chase now and that's John Myall. After securing TQ and second place overall in round 4, John will need to take maximum points from the last remaining rounds with help from people like myself and Simon Watson. A tall order, but without permutations; ifs, buts and maybes, commentators would be out of work!

George slapped in another sterling performance in the 2WD to take another maximum points round. This win does make the 2WD permutations a little more interesting. Simon Watson is the closest in battle (as proved in Sundays toe to toe racing) and will be requiring at least one maximum and overall win to take the title. But two maximums to Dave Evans or Jonathan Brown and George staying out of the top two will also give them the title. Roll on Round 4! :thumbsup:

Congratulations to Thomas Watkins. Another B-Final win and bagging a few more points toward the junior title. Lewis Cocksedge, (Master Watkins closest challenger) now having finished his exams, may look to return to the challenge for the series junior title. The rumour mill has it that Lewis is looking to aid his efforts with some new wheels.

ROUND 5, the penultimate round, is on JULY 17th @ Coastal in Ipswich. Will one, two or WILL NO titles be decided!?:eh?: