PDA

View Full Version : faskolor problems.

telboy
10-01-2008, 06:17 PM
Hi everyone.
There was a post on here a while back now from someone, saying how the faskolor paint was 'fisheyeing' when they sprayed it on the shell. We all gave our best advice to cure it for them (naturally).

I've recently had a new batch of faskolor paint that was extremely thin in consistancy. When I sprayed it...it did the fisheye problem, no matter how many coats i put on the shell, it just came through on every coat.

I've contacted parma, and they say there was a faulty batch, and have tried to recall as many bottles as possible, but some did get through (as you would expect). Apparently the problem has been rectified now and future bottles will be better.

So if you do get a bottle that doesn't apply to the shell properly and is speckally no matter how many coats you apply, then it will be some of the dodgy batch.

So whoever it was that had the problem, if what we told you didn't work, then that was why.

:)

DCM
10-01-2008, 07:42 PM
was it specific colours Tel? And it being a faulty paint, they reimbursing you the shell?

telboy
10-01-2008, 08:08 PM
Haha, no.
I didn't ask them to, to be honest.
I managed to get away with it as th person they were for wasn't too fussed, as long as they looked good at speed.

I did try to even paint over it with some old paint ( you know, when you get a bit left in the bottom when its been stood for a bit) but even that didn't get rid of if.

The colours were white, flo'green, and black. Instantly noticable because of how thin the paint is, its almost water consistency. But by the sound of it, it is a full batch.

They did say that if you've got a credit card (which I haven't :rolleyes: ) and you get some of the faulty batch, they will sort you out with either replacement bottles, or a discount, if you contact them directly and let them know of the problem.

DCM
10-01-2008, 09:03 PM
I have some thinner paint than normal, but still useable.... saying that, I just ordered up two black and faskrome.... hope they are ok...

telboy
10-01-2008, 10:25 PM
They did change the consistency a little (for the better). but this bad stuff is wickedly thin, even compared to the new formula.

Thay have said that they will replace the bottles I bought. :)

Very nice people to deal with.

blitzboy
10-01-2008, 11:03 PM
had the same prob tel on yellow and blck got some new one s now :wtf: