PDA

View Full Version : stripped spur gear.

Nigel
20-06-2011, 05:02 AM
well i just raced my dex410R for the first time yesterday and today and all i can is.....holy crap this beats the heck outa racing short course.

its been very durable since i have been beating on it and have only snapped a PIVOT BALL C-TYPE (pretty sure it was a dud because it had an air bubble in it.)

but in the main i stripped my spur gear.

i have my slipper set up how they show in the manual so i don't think its too tight.

im pretty sure my gear mesh was too loose but just to be sure how tight do you guys have your gear mesh?

and i would also like to thank bulge for making a great under tray and wing. they mounted up flawlessly and worked great!

Bayareabasher
20-06-2011, 05:30 AM
Are you talking about from pinion to spur? If u are I just tear a tiny strip of paper and while the motor is loose put the strip of plain paper between the pinion and spur, then push the motor toward the spur until you see the paper shape into the teeth of the spur and pinion, and finally tighten the motor making sure you hold the motor while you tighten so it doesn't move then remove the paper by either moving the spur with your finger or move the wheels and you're done hope this helps. I'd like to know how tight should the slipper be?

JosephShanks
20-06-2011, 07:37 AM
When adjusting the slipper I like to hold the car down firmly :)starting with a fairly loose slipper. I then give it short bursts of full throttle tightening till it slips just a little. This system works great for me so far. Nothing has stripped, my slipper is still going strong after 3 months and no broken diff loops.

Big G
20-06-2011, 07:52 AM
I just set the mesh to a little bit of rock between the pinion and spur. never stripped a spur yet....

As for slipper the setup sheets tell you the gap between the adjustment nut and bearing.