PDA

View Full Version : touring car

vinny20
12-01-2008, 06:28 PM
i must say i am a bit p****d of with the brca just a bit 2 years ago i used to race down at halifax touring car club but i havnt been there for 2 year i thought it was just a wast of money the track is nice to race on but there is no big racing events there apart from 1 brca national a year thats if your racing electric wich i was doing basicly the brca have so many events everywhere allaround the uk at other track but hardly anything at halifax the brca have alot of rules in touring car now the problem is racers cant keep up with it thats why off road is 100 times better not much rules compared to touring car good thing i moved to batley buggy club its alot better there and off road kicks ass

Northy
12-01-2008, 07:07 PM
and breath......... :o

[RANT MODE DISENGAGED]

jimmy
12-01-2008, 07:11 PM
Off road is of course better:) didn't the halifax club used to be an off road club?
I live 15 mins away now, but used to be more like 5 - never raced there though. Some times Ive been down for a look and on a club day the gates were closed and locked - how very inviting to the public, not.

losidan
12-01-2008, 07:17 PM
Off road is of course better:) didn't the halifax club used to be an off road club?
I live 15 mins away now, but used to be more like 5 - never raced there though. Some times Ive been down for a look and on a club day the gates were closed and locked - how very inviting to the public, not.

i first heard of halifax soon after I got my first car. Went down there for a quick blast and got a sack full of stick from two dudes for having the cheek to even ask for a go on the track even though i'm not a member....way to go to attract new members!

Chrislong
12-01-2008, 07:48 PM
Well the nationals are just that, nationwide, so Halifax would only have 1, if any, per year.. but to keep you and people like you racing the club should be holding events, arranging a club series to race for..

Sounds like you've seen the light, off-road is far more fun, loads of places to go and plenty to keep your enthusiasm alive. :)

vinny20
12-01-2008, 08:26 PM
av got got a few words THE CLUB IS JUST CRAP DONT BOTHER WASTING YOUR MONEY

twisty
12-01-2008, 09:04 PM
Back in the late 90`s,the touring car side of Batley Buggy Club was superb,there was always more than 90 drivers on a Saturday night trying to book in,with ace racing,we tried having rules but people kept trying to break them so we just ran standard 540`s and open classes.
Who is running Batley now? i might call over tomorrow for a look/natter
See if something can be done.
I wouldn`t say either on or off road was any better,they are just different,that is all.

neiloliver
12-01-2008, 09:31 PM
i must say i am a bit p****d of with the brca just a bit 2 years ago i used to race down at halifax touring car club but i havnt been there for 2 year i thought it was just a wast of money the track is nice to race on but there is no big racing events there apart from 1 brca national a year thats if your racing electric wich i was doing basicly the brca have so many events everywhere allaround the uk at other track but hardly anything at halifax the brca have alot of rules in touring car now the problem is racers cant keep up with it thats why off road is 100 times better not much rules compared to touring car good thing i moved to batley buggy club its alot better there and off road kicks ass

. , ;

twisty
13-01-2008, 04:22 PM
Well it was a little quiet today at Batley,due to there being a couple of big meetings elsewhere,but it was a great day for juniors and novices,nice and relaxed.
Nice to see Diane looking well and a few faces from the past.
Good to meet a few new faces and see some clean quiet racing buggys.
I must get my act together and come racing electric again,great fun.
:)