PDA

View Full Version : Race Dates

Modeltune
21-06-2011, 09:27 PM
What is going on everyone!!!

This weekend we have UMCC round 5 in Ballymoney, the Paddy Piston GP 2 day event (with many drivers travelling from GB) and Irish Championship Rd 2 2wd.

We all need to get together and plan dates sensibly for the good of the sport.

Rant over.

A

Mugenextreme
21-06-2011, 09:43 PM
Next to impossible modeltune to avoid clashes between every race class.
Either way the cross over between classes is not big enough to justify avoiding each others rounds.
Drivers need to choose which classes and events they want to run in and just support that, guys cant make every event going.

Legacy555
22-06-2011, 08:58 AM
Perhaps 1/8th and 1/10th offroad RCCAOI section reps could work together next year to try and avoid clashes. As Ian Hunter pointed out on facebook - with EFRA and IFMAR 1/10th electric events this year there were very few weekends to choose from.

The DMCC has 14 championship round dates (club + rccaoi) and has a demo day too. Knock out 4 weeks to avoid EFRA and IFMAR clashes - this leaves about 4 Sundays left for the whole outdoor season.

Niall Cromie
23-06-2011, 09:37 PM
Hi Andy,
This is a throw away comment and maybe absolutely none of my business as i am currently not driving , but maybe one to be discussed at a more appropriate time?
I Could'nt help but comment on the situation with dates and the old too many classes debate which has gone on in Ireland since I raced in the year?? (I remember heats to an E final I am sure you do aswell) There is just not enough drivers and more importantly £ for a country the six of a postage stamp to maintain classes.
Why not just switch to a limited all ireland race series on a Saturday for 1/10 electric that doesnt effect the guys further south, again not everyone could turn up for various reasons but it may be worth a try rather than see the hobby struggle in the current economic climate. At least it would allow the IC buggies touring etc etc to if they wanted race two classes in one weekend.

Forgive me for sticking my old nose in

Kind Regards old parent with sticks and genuine interest!!