PDA

View Full Version : Indoor 'Mid Week' Racing - What Day?

RudeTony
30-06-2011, 09:09 AM
If you were to go ‘Mid Week’ indoor racing, which night of the week would you prefer?
You reason as well as your votes appreciated

ps - Assume it's near you and travelling is not an issue!

RogerM
30-06-2011, 11:48 AM
Reason I say Wednesday is that it gives you time to get any parts / do any work needed from the previous Sunday running and also allows time to repeat before the following weekend should you be unfortunate enough to need to.

Obviously less of a consideration for us Kyosho racers than some other brands but I'm compasionate like that :thumbsup:

It is the reason why I prefer to run a different class (like snoring cars) if I race on a Friday.

HarlowS
30-06-2011, 12:06 PM
Well location is a big factor, how far do we need to travel ??

john333
30-06-2011, 12:19 PM
wednesday....As Roger said, it's half way between weekends so more time to get bits etc, and less chance of being moaned at for spending too much time racing.....

rich_cree
30-06-2011, 12:44 PM
I've put Weds down, but really and weekday night apart from Friday works for me.

RudeTony
30-06-2011, 02:00 PM
Well location is a big factor, how far do we need to travel ??

I should of clarified that - Assume it's near you and travelling is not an issue!

gwesty
30-06-2011, 03:40 PM
im same as above , wednesday . are you upto something then mr ?

mikeyscott
30-06-2011, 04:54 PM
wednesday....As Roger said, it's half way between weekends so more time to get bits etc, and less chance of being moaned at for spending too much time racing.....

Ditto :)

David Church
30-06-2011, 06:11 PM
Saturday for me:thumbsup:

simoncook
30-06-2011, 06:30 PM
I voted Wednesday. Mainly because desperate house wives is on the tv, which means the wife takes it over. Makes Wednesday nights a little boring :(

Also I echo the guys above about midweek, so time to fix cars etc before or after Sunday racing.

Steve W
30-06-2011, 06:43 PM
Fridays work for me as most Saturdays i dont have to get up for work the next morning. However i rarely race at weekend so I don't have to worry about the race meetings being too close or breakages and getting parts.

Also I guess Fridays are good for younger drivers, no chance they are going to be allowed to go racing if they have school the next day.

2FAST4U
30-06-2011, 07:36 PM
Myself & a few other club members expressed an interest in extra track-time a few months ago. After a brief chat in the pub after our normal club day we decided to see what could be arranged.
My wife then approached the local community center, which had either monday or wednesday evenings available @ £10 per hour - we have been running now for almost 2 months using a few rolls of carpet & road rail track edging, And have been lucky enough to of seen a slow but steady increase in the numbers attending with a few others expressing an interest.

Welshy40
01-07-2011, 05:48 AM
Thursdays dont work as no one attends, mid week is wednesday so is ok but friday is the preferred club day.

freddie
02-07-2011, 09:40 AM
wednesday night is perfect !!