PDA

View Full Version : Servo Saver Wheel Nut

Gilles
04-07-2011, 12:14 PM
Anyone had issues unscrewing the Servo saver wheel nut on the dex410?

The manual on page 16 says to use tread lock, now because of that I was not able to unscrew it (even after heating up).

I tried using some pliers to unscrew it and now partnr 713001 has turned around in the plastic part which joins of the servo saver, rendering it useless! Because it has shredded the hex plastic sink spot on the top making it turn freely :(!

In addition, partnr 713001 is thin aluminium when applying pliers at the bottom of the part (just underneath the wheel nut) to get some grip, it resulted in breaking the threads on it!

Following the instructions on page 16 has resulted in 3 broken pieces for me, all because of that stupid thread lock which imho should not even be there! The piece that goes on top the plastic servo saver is now stripped at the top, the wheel nut now looks completely shaved clean now, partnr 713001 at the bottom had the thread broke of :(

Should I contact Durango about this or is this in some odd way my own fault?

Thx for the feedback guys!

Big G
04-07-2011, 02:59 PM
my 1st one undid so I popped a small drop of treadloc on it and no problems since

Gilles
04-07-2011, 07:17 PM
Well good news cause today I got a nice email from Durango telling me they are going to replace the broken parts.

In that same email they recommended using blue tread lock as theirs have a very heavy bound!

So for all new to building the DEX410 don't use red tread lock on the servo saver nut ;)

Big G
04-07-2011, 09:39 PM
just use a tiny little drop

HyperFX
05-07-2011, 02:48 AM
I have a DEX410 Pro, DEX410R, DESC410R, XXX-SCT, XXXT-CR, XXX-CR, and a Slash, and I've been using the Team Durango red threadlock on all of them with no issues. Perhaps you used too much, or you recieved a bottle that had a higher concentration than normal. You will need to apply threadlock to the servo saver adjustment nut, just don't over do it.

Nigel
05-07-2011, 03:00 AM
just use they blue stuff :thumbsup: its easy to use and works great. you also don't need to worry about getting too much on.

Gilles
05-07-2011, 08:58 AM
I'm switching over to blue for that part as that way I don't have to worry about it anymore lol!

Thx for the feedback guys!