PDA

View Full Version : Recommended / essential upgrades for dex 410R

Naushad
08-07-2011, 09:31 AM
Hi,

I hope I can get a quick answer here. I've just bought a 410r. I am not intending to race very competitively, but I was wondering what upgrades are recommended. I have the alu hinge pins. Some people have mentioned the roll-bar kit.

Is there anything else? I don't want to go to full fat 410!

Thanks.

Naushad:thumbsup:

jaffacake
08-07-2011, 09:58 AM
I have looked at set ups on the Durango site & it seems alot of drivers are not running any roll bars indoors,so if you are mainly running indoors i would see if it handles right for you before spending on roll bars
You already have the plastic side pods & plastic strengthener which seems to be favoured indoors.

EDIT- Are you running indoors?? :confused:

Kusal
08-07-2011, 09:59 AM
I only had the ball studs/ball cups replaced (TC6 stud/Losi cups), the diff loop holder and the alu servo saver.
For the rest no breakages!!:thumbsup:

Naushad
08-07-2011, 10:24 AM
Given the Uk weather in general, lets say I'll be running indoors most of the time! I use an anti-roll bar kit on my academy SBv2, bmax and bx. They seem to work well. So I may go with this:confused:

I've got the plastic side bars!

The ball cups I will just leave for now and observe if they do come loose.

Why the alu servo saver though?

N

sly
08-07-2011, 10:26 AM
These are not standard on the R version.:thumbsup:
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74874

Naushad
08-07-2011, 10:53 AM
yeah...but are they really needed for the 410r. I have plastic ones that many ppl use. I would imagine that you'll just add weight with those although they are more durable.

N

Big G
08-07-2011, 10:59 AM
I wouldn't bother changing anything until you have run it personally.

I never broke a servo arm, the diff never jumped out and a ball stud has never popped off during a race...

Naushad
08-07-2011, 11:13 AM
I'm beginning to think like that...

Instead of going gung-ho and buying parts the logical step is just to race and see!

I'm going to rebuild it first and then install the gear:

Novak 6.5 ballistic
Novak GTB / kinetic
Spectrum/Ko propo servo
Speccy Rx.

ian h
08-07-2011, 12:03 PM
Get left and right handed M3 taps and use them on the kit ballcups to cut the threads into them. very easy to adjust them then without them popping off.

wacattack
08-07-2011, 12:12 PM
I upgraded the shock towers to CF, the alloy hinge pin holders and the rear alloy gearbox inserts.