PDA

View Full Version : 410 suspension arms binding

jaffacake
13-07-2011, 07:36 PM
Half way through my build of a 410,the front & rear arms are binding
I have checked the build twice & i have followed the build manual to the letter (or diagram) anyone else experienced this?..maybe they free up after some use?? or is it normal to take some very fine emery cloth to the arms where they sit against the anodised wheelbase shims??
Also one of the sun gears in the diff housing is stuck on the outdrive,contacted Durango,was told this 'can happen',was told to soak in wd40 & it should pop off,so its in soak as i type..bloody damn tight!!

ian h
13-07-2011, 09:14 PM
I had a binding problem and it ended up being the pivot balls. These should go into the hangers easily. My first ones were very difficult to install and not sitting all the way in causing the binding.

old-man
14-07-2011, 05:10 AM
I had the front arm a little tight for my liking. Loosen the screws on the suspension block, pushed the arms against the suspension block and retighten. Problem went away.

Rear arms was totally binded. Sanded the shims and the arms. Problem went away.

Had similar problem on the sun gear on the out drive. found out that if you pushed the sun gears against the out drive too much it can bind. I taped the hex part of the outdrive in the middle of the sun gears and it freed it up.

Piman
14-07-2011, 09:14 AM
I had a binding problem and it ended up being the pivot balls. These should go into the hangers easily. My first ones were very difficult to install and not sitting all the way in causing the binding.

This.

The pivot ball can be a tight fit into the hangers and don't always go all the way in. After some use the will bed in and the suspension will loosen up. Alternatively you could give them a light rub down first to help them fit in.

James

Stotty
14-07-2011, 11:02 AM
I had this there was abit of plastic on the arms that was catching. Just took it off wit a knife. Works fine now moves freely.