PDA

View Full Version : Advice on overcharging lipos

Gsxrturtle
15-07-2011, 10:05 AM
I have a Etronix Powerpal Balance Charger-Discharger & Cycler and last night was checked at a club meeting and the lipos were coming out at a voltage of 8.50v. they said if i was at a national i would not be allowed to race as the cut off is 8.45 ish, as anyone had the same problems or any suggestion on how to overcome the problem. the lipos are always balance charged.
Any advise gratefully recieved.

bodgit
15-07-2011, 10:52 AM
Why not just use the discharger after charging to bring them down to the cut off voltage.

RogerM
15-07-2011, 11:08 AM
The maximum voltage is 8.40V, I sent A LOT of people to discharge their cells a bit before I'd let them on track at the Kidderminster national.

Almost all of them were using the Core RC chargers (seemed to be the least accurate for some reason).

I have had this issue myself with the Etronix charger and it turned out to be the 2mm socket on my balance lead going a little high resistance. I choped it off and put a new one on and the problem went away (hopefully for good).

Gsxrturtle
15-07-2011, 11:46 AM
i`m going to try discharging them tonight to see if that makes a difference, i also have a different balancing lead and will try that also. I seems really strange that the last time they checked everything was fine and now there to high.