PDA

View Full Version : LRP TC Spec dead then alive !!!

andys
19-07-2011, 04:05 PM
Wierd.
Ran my LRP TC Spec speedo at Bury in the 'moist conditions' in the last run the car stopped, still steering etc, just no go. On inspection it looked dry inside - nothing appeared wrong, tried another motor - sensor cable - still nothing at the motor end.

So - left the speedo for 24 / 48hrs, then tried it again - still no throttle. The lights were not working on the speedo either...

So - ordered a new one from JE Spares - it arrived today :) As a bonus I won the weekend competition with placing an order - so won a 1/14th RTR drift car :)

Checked the old LRP one last time before sending it back to be fixed / replaced / inspected etc and it now works !!!!!!!!

Wierd - I wonder if it will be ok - anyone had anything similar before. Could a drop of water have caused this ? Any lasting damage I wonder ?

zippy
20-07-2011, 08:55 PM
hi i was just about to post some thing like this i also have a lrp sxx tc and the problem ive had. the last three weeks is in practice the car will stop dead but the servo still works.so i pick it up off the track for a couple of seconds and it will start working fine again.and then it will stay fine through the heats and finals :confused::confused::confused:

Donutt
21-07-2011, 09:17 PM
Try opening the case and clearing out any dust/crap inside. It might be shorting the bottom of the circuit board.

The combination of some minerals and small particles of metal can be conductive when combined with moisture. If that happens, then that does some weird stuff to the rather complicated electronics. Doesn't always fry it - just makes it a bit "rogue".

Obviously some of the dust and stuff that's on the track, finds it's way into the case, and a quick clean of the insides will usually clear this.

That's assuming its just that, and not a minor component that's gone pop. If it was a major component, it wouldn't work at all.

I don't know if opening the case voids the warranty on your equipment - only open the case if it's an emergency or you know its not covered.

If you don't want to open the case, try blasting it with compressed air (and I mean compressed air and not canned air which includes a liquid propellant), but unless you can see it's clean inside, you're never quite sure. (I'm actually saying that I wouldn't bother blasting it with air!)

If it's covered by a warranty, send it back, but be prepared for a wait...

Southwell
21-07-2011, 09:46 PM
Ive always had issues with any speedo thats stopped and started working again. It may be an idea to just sent it away for a general service?

tisher
21-07-2011, 09:47 PM
I had exactly the same I with my losi exclerion racing at bury two weeks ago motor got wet mine started working again but seems to cut out after a few minutes give it a run and see if it okay

minke
22-07-2011, 09:43 PM
Most people get this at Bury when they overtake me. I believe this is caused by my own speedo being infected by the Armageddon virus. Just being in close proximity to my xcelorin can cause a fatal shut down. I believe some kind of dove program needs to be created to spread peace throughout your system.