PDA

View Full Version : I need help to open a track in USA

jamminj650
22-01-2008, 05:49 AM
Hi my name is Jonathan Hernandez, 31 yrs of age and racing pro for 4yrs and started rc when I was 8yrs old(tamyia) Anyway, I live in California and I have a need to continue doing what I love to do. I need help on how to go about confronting a school to use there gymnasium for a astro terf, off road 1/10 scale electric track here in the usa. I would like to promote r/c at the same time to hopefully reach out to young kids minds and have them know that using your mind and reflexes they can be competative and cool. Can you help me? I just want to know if you know anyone who has gotten a highschool or even grammar school to let this happen.... How does it work. Thanx:confused:

twisty
22-01-2008, 07:18 AM
You could do with the help of one of the teachers at the school,try the sports teachers,failing that see the janitor.A lot of the clubs over here pay for public sports halls,this is quite expensive though,so you need to run a good meeting to get the support from drivers/racers,you will need to promote it as best you can,see your LHS.
Make sure you are not treading on another clubs toes if you can,i would of thought there will be other clubs where you are thinking of setting up? see the local model shop owners,they might help you set something up.
Best of luck.
:)

CBRDEAN0
22-01-2008, 09:43 AM
This was our introduction to the local council when we wanted to get a track up and running.
We found that promoting "LIFE SKILLS" as the reason for racing goes down better with officials.

Radio Controlled Model car racing has been around for many years in various forms. Thousands of people from all age groups around the country enjoy this technically challenging hobby every week. The cars range from simple 2 wheel drive electrically driven machines with limited speeds up to highly technical four-wheel drive vehicles capable of achieving higher speeds.

Besides the enjoyment of racing the vehicles and interacting on a social level with people from all walks of life, participants can also learn skills for the future such as:-

· the basics of motor vehicle dynamics and construction,
· usable engineering / building skills,
· organisational skills,
· team working skills,
· sense of achievement and satisfaction,
· To be competitive and the desire to win.

Chris Doughty
22-01-2008, 10:00 AM
thats good advise, very good.