PDA

View Full Version : Starting setup for oOple race ?

andys
24-07-2011, 06:26 PM
Can any of the Robin Hood Durango regulars shed some light on where to start with setup for the oople race ?

Also, it's such a long time since I raced there, what tyres work best ? I recall people running 2wd fronts stretched over 4wd rims ! Is this still the way to go ?

A bit of an explanation for any setup would be appreciated as I'm rubbish at all this stuff - just so I know why I'm changing / trying things :)

wacattack
25-07-2011, 09:55 AM
I'd recommend the following:

Front
5000wt diff oil
35wt 1.3 pistons
Dark Green springs
Middle shock tower
Outer Wishbone
Camber lower inner

Rear
7000wt diff oil
30wt 1.4 pistons
Light Green springs
Middle shock tower
Middle Wishbone
Camber lower inner (tower), outer hub
Long wheelbase

I'd recommend either dboots or ballistic green tyres. I always used to run schumi yellows at RHR but last time out ran ballistics and went half a second a lap quicker.

James
25-07-2011, 10:37 AM
My starting setup from 2010 brca national there is pretty good, look on TD site.

andys
25-07-2011, 04:59 PM
I'd recommend the following:

Front
5000wt diff oil
35wt 1.3 pistons
Dark Green springs
Middle shock tower
Outer Wishbone
Camber lower inner

Rear
7000wt diff oil
30wt 1.4 pistons
Light Green springs
Middle shock tower
Middle Wishbone
Camber lower inner (tower), outer hub
Long wheelbase

I'd recommend either dboots or ballistic green tyres. I always used to run schumi yellows at RHR but last time out ran ballistics and went half a second a lap quicker.

Cheers for the info :)

I'm running the Big Bore shocks, any idea on what to run for these ?

wacattack
25-07-2011, 06:04 PM
Cheers for the info :)

I'm running the Big Bore shocks, any idea on what to run for these ?

In the rear run 3 hole 1.8mm pistons with 35 wt oil and light blue springs. In the front run 2 hole 1.8mm pistons with 45 wt oil and red springs. By the way, this is for standard pistons, not tapered pistons.

wacattack
25-07-2011, 06:07 PM
In the rear run 3 hole 1.8mm pistons with 35 wt oil and light blue springs. In the front run 2 hole 1.8mm pistons with 45 wt oil and red springs. By the way, this is for standard pistons, not tapered pistons.

Forgot to mention, also run the 1 degree rear hubs