PDA

View Full Version : Lube on CVD joints

badger5
26-07-2011, 08:42 AM
Does anyone lube the drive shaft joints, centre or drive shafts. If so what do you use.
I was thinking of using some motorcycle chain lube, I have some that goes dry and has PTFE in it, so wouldn't attract dirt.
Also does anyone use boots over the centre shaft joints?

Jamie.T
26-07-2011, 08:45 AM
I always use the Vampire racing joint grease, always works really well, but like all greases it will attract dirt, just be sure to clean and service them often.

Link to Vampire racing joint grease - http://www.xfactoryrc.co.uk/xfact/info.asp?manufacturer=Vampire%20Racing&product=VR3501

badger5
26-07-2011, 09:42 AM
That stuff looks very simular to Molykote GN+ or Rocol dry moly paste. I guess the vampire grease has molybdenum in it.
This would work well but also attract dirt which is want I wanted to avoid.

Big G
26-07-2011, 11:14 AM
DRIVESHAFT BOOT WHEEL AXLE (2PCS) Part No: TD310023 fit over these joints and keep out most of the dirt and dust. still strip them once a month to check, but at least it's not after every run.

You may need to trim down the battery strap so it doesn't rub else the rubber will just get ripped.

Culetto
29-07-2011, 08:01 AM
I use Mobile1 Synthetic red grease on mine and then heat shrink over them to keep the dirt out. They stay nice and silky for quite a while.