PDA

View Full Version : need help with a tamiya

jamie 6.5t
26-07-2011, 07:48 PM
right i swapped my madrat for a tamiya tb-02 chasis and shells and have dropped a fusion exceed 6.5 brushless kit into the chasis with a 4500nimh battery and was just wondering if you know why my car keeps on making a chrunching sound when it gets to half revs and when i get past half revs it goes back to being quite again it keeps on doing it and is starting to worry me :/ the four wheel drive aspect is supperb best ive had :D only i cant get further than about 5 metres due to my receiver antena has snapped off need to get a new one quick time :D just please advise me about the chruching noise please

Fast Eddie
26-07-2011, 07:50 PM
is it non sensored?

jamie 6.5t
26-07-2011, 07:53 PM
its sensored

Fast Eddie
26-07-2011, 07:55 PM
have you got the correct pinion?

other than that I would strip the elecs out of the car and check for noises under no load and clean the gearbox and any other moving parts:thumbsup:

qatmix
26-07-2011, 08:46 PM
sounds like the pinion not meshing to me as mentioned before. Also watch the diffs, the TB02 can have the diff's work loose over time, especially with a crazy fast motor like a 6.5t in it.

jamie 6.5t
26-07-2011, 09:46 PM
thannks for the replys i have just took out my motor and had a look the motors got the wright pinion on it just cant seem to get the motor to sit close enough for the both to mesh together :/ i have took it all apart and greased and oiled all ov the moving parts it is spangly now :D hopefully get to go to the rc shop to get it looked at if it keeps up and also then i can get a new reciever :D

jamie 6.5t
27-07-2011, 07:47 AM
thanks for the replys guys but i have took my motor out and emtyed it ov all electrics opened the pinion casing and cleaned oiled and greesed it and greased the drive shaft but it seems to ov made it worse it dont even go forwards :/ it is puzzling me why it wont work but hay atleast it is a clean example :/ i have made my mind up im gonna take it to the shop at weekend and find out whats wrong with it it is second hand so dont know what its been put through but yeh need to get a w5 digital reciever in the chasis

qatmix
27-07-2011, 07:53 AM
Check the motor is screwed in the mount at the right settings

check the manual (page11) here. You need to ensure its in the right screw holes or you will get a bad (or no) mesh

here is the manual

http://www.tamiya.com/english/rc/rcmanual/tb02r.pdf

jamie 6.5t
27-07-2011, 06:06 PM
thanks to this comment i am fucking flying thank you very very much it runns like a dream had to driill some new holes :D all i need now is a new receiver

qatmix
27-07-2011, 07:11 PM
good to hear it Bud :thumbsup: