PDA

View Full Version : Durango or cat sx3

Robocop
30-07-2011, 10:18 AM
Hi
I have a sx2 one of the later version with the black outdrives thinking of either getting a sx3 or a durango v3 when out.Now what i would like to know is do cat wheels fit the durango?
What are pros and cons people would have swopped between them so which do people prefer.
I already have saddles that does not put me off
Thanks

Big G
30-07-2011, 10:19 AM
if you fit Hexes to the front of the cat they take the same wheels.

In the SX2 kit you were supplied with purple ones, but I found these too short and the wheels binder on the hubs. I fitted B44 ones and no problem.

Robocop
30-07-2011, 10:26 AM
So durango wheels are hexes on front,if so can you take the hex off and run schumacher wheels

mikeyscott
30-07-2011, 10:34 AM
So durango wheels are hexes on front,if so can you take the hex off and run schumacher wheels

I expect the new V3 Durango will have the hexes as showed at the worlds and last national? These are front and rear

DRM Black7
06-09-2011, 06:11 PM
Just wondered to the guys who have run both cars, does the SX3 carry more corner speed than the Durango or is there somthing I'm missing somthing.
I run on polished wood floor which has recently be refinished and has s*it loads of grip, so I had to soften the rear and flaten the rear link to get it to rotate, But i'd rather keep the rear end grip and try and increase front end grip mainly on power steering. any idea's on this??

discostu
06-09-2011, 06:22 PM
what you need to do is morph it into a cat:thumbsup:

DRM Black7
06-09-2011, 06:41 PM
what you need to do is morph it into a cat:thumbsup:

wally :rolleyes:

discostu
06-09-2011, 07:11 PM
wally :rolleyes:

yeah:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Rebelrc
06-09-2011, 09:31 PM
Never mind the v3
What about the new Durango limited edition called the lip bitz kit ( say it fast over and over in your head) sorry phil couldn't resist!:thumbsup:
You should use that lippy! If you ever release a car:)
Back on topic...... Durango all day long..... Cat nah I'd rather pass a hedgehog lol (joke)

DRM Black7
06-09-2011, 09:52 PM
Well if I can get the Durango hooked up I'll keep it. The Cat is making the durango look silly at the mo lol

Rebelrc
06-09-2011, 09:57 PM
Where at?

Rebelrc
07-09-2011, 06:45 AM
Hi dave
Did you mean making the Durango look silly at faversham?
Did stu win last week then?
Don't worry we are having all the ramps/boxes/ lumps etc back tonight lol so the cat will break again as per norm eh stu? Watch out for marshals legs tonight lol.
See you tonight buddy's
Durangos rule at faversham. Cheap car..... Fully competitive .....easy to get spares at the meeting.....strong as an oxx for new comers ..... Quick for the top driver like Ed!
Look how many are there , must be durango cars there! Lol

discostu
07-09-2011, 07:01 AM
hi scot

personel opion i think buddy all the cars are pretty good
i will try to avoid marshals on the straight.
looking forward to the jumps

and you are spot on cheap reliable strong.

see you laters

Rebelrc
07-09-2011, 07:47 AM
That poor Marshall
And yes your right all modern chassis perform well.
I'm running one of my preds tonight as my rango has worn out lol needs some tlc . So many miles on it. Won't take alot to fix mind. Just some pins and props then good as new. May even have the old rango going next week
See you tonight:thumbsup:

DRM Black7
07-09-2011, 08:21 AM
Lol have to see then, Ed is bloody good if he can get back on pace with his Durango, I'll stick with it :)
I do like the Durango but it's all about wining at the end of the day, roll on tonight can't wait.

cmgreen
07-09-2011, 11:48 AM
I've had both, Love the durango brand, build quality, and customer service, but car didnt suit me. I Am with the cat sx3 and i think its great!