PDA

View Full Version : pulsar 3 charger has no balence leads?

steve_haskins
30-07-2011, 05:01 PM
hi been away from the sport for a while, got the lipos and the pulsar 3 charger not used yet as the charger doesnt have the balence lead .
any ideas folks

many thanks steve

Darren Boyle
30-07-2011, 05:14 PM
The Pulsar 3 is a LIPO charger but not a "balance" charger, hence there is no balance lead on them.....

VintageRacer
30-07-2011, 05:24 PM
You need an external balancer like Trakpower v-balance (or the Flightpower version, same thing).

I've just bought an Etronix battery doctor which is a current product and will balance, not sure if it will balance whilst charging at the same time though.

Welshy40
30-07-2011, 05:26 PM
The Pulsar 3 is a LIPO charger but not a "balance" charger, hence there is no balance lead on them.....

Your not answering his question and sounding a bit daft. The answer you should have given was yes get a track power v balancer and connect to the charger. Works perfectly as I do the same.

steve_haskins
30-07-2011, 05:42 PM
thanks for the response
cant wait to go racing got most electrics just need to get a 410

Chris-S
30-07-2011, 05:43 PM
Instead of a balanca adaptor, you can charge each of the cells seperately. I.e. +and the balance plug, then the balance plug and -.

Darren Boyle
30-07-2011, 09:47 PM
Your not answering his question and sounding a bit daft. The answer you should have given was yes get a track power v balancer and connect to the charger. Works perfectly as I do the same. And you have not read the original post properly then........ Steve said he had the Pulsar 3 but had not used it since he had no balance lead (as in it might be missing), hence I pointed out that nothing is missing and that it in fact charges LIPO's but does not "balance charge" so the question was answered and not sounding daft at all.......... :confused::confused:

I used a Pulsar 3 for almost 12 months when I furst got LIPO's without any kind of balancer run in tandem, all my LIPO's charged fine this way, never had a single failure or any issues and all of the packs are (to the best of knowledge) still working as they should be some 3 years on.

I now use the Trinity I-Balance chargers but still more often than not dont balance charge and once more all my current LIPOs are fine....

Steve, just charge them straight from the Pulsar 3 without the balancer option and your cells will be just fine mate.