PDA

View Full Version : Classes for indoor series?

The Doctor
04-08-2011, 07:40 PM
Any news on what classes we'll be running when we return indoors chaps? Only 4 more weeks of racing outside left I think.

johnni boi
04-08-2011, 08:03 PM
Buggies!?? :thumbsup:

Dave Dodd
04-08-2011, 09:14 PM
Classes at present are:

off road : buggies 2wd, 4wd & trucks (SC & ST)
Britcar : any touring car, all in the same class, 4wd or 2wd
mini class : 2wd only, m-chassis but also includes HPi switch & mardave.

Races to be mass start, no waiting for your number just go. :lol:

more news after the next meeting..

antnee
04-08-2011, 11:28 PM
No caravans?

Crazy Rich
05-08-2011, 09:42 AM

:thumbsup:

chris brown
08-08-2011, 12:10 PM
Any motor limit with tc?
Are we going indoors anyway> Aint the hall being done up by the school?

wes j.
08-08-2011, 02:09 PM
Hi Chris :p.

Dave Dodd
08-08-2011, 03:11 PM
Any motor limit with tc?
Are we going indoors anyway> Aint the hall being done up by the school?

no motor limits as yet, all depends where we are racing :lol:

antnee
08-08-2011, 10:50 PM
Doesn't look like anything is being done with the hall at the moment, although saying that, the light on the outside of the hall isn't on at the moment.

antnee
09-08-2011, 08:01 PM
Definitely nothing happening building wise, hockey is being played in there at the moment

deepdale11
09-08-2011, 08:21 PM
Definitely nothing happening building wise, hockey is being played in there at the moment

WOW, you have good eye sight from Coventry!!!

Robbiejuk
11-08-2011, 11:48 AM
Doesn't look like anything is being done with the hall at the moment, although saying that, the light on the outside of the hall isn't on at the moment.

Work is scheduled to start in october Ant thats probably why you can't see any work going on now.

antnee
11-08-2011, 08:37 PM
WOW, you have good eye sight from Coventry!!!

I've been back since May

Dave Dodd
15-08-2011, 10:26 PM
Classes at present are:

off road : buggies 2wd, 4wd & trucks (SC & ST)
Britcar : any touring car, all in the same class, 4wd or 2wd
mini class : 2wd only, m-chassis but also includes HPi switch & mardave.

more news after the next meeting..

We Are back indoors on the 2nd of September.

There is NO motor limit in any of the classes, although SCT is generally 10.5t.

tkd
29-08-2011, 08:23 AM
Dave, are tc's doing mass start as well?

Dave Dodd
29-08-2011, 01:04 PM
Dave, are tc's doing mass start as well?

yes i think all classes will be mass start.

tkd
29-08-2011, 01:24 PM
can i then ask why?....
and will we stager the cars on the grid, if so who will start 1st?, or do we just bunch up and go.? if so i think this will be a car killer and not a good idea for what are ment to be cheap club nights, tc's brake to easy for that type of thing.

wes j.
29-08-2011, 02:39 PM
I'm sure it'll be grid starts but Dave will comfirm.

Dave Dodd
29-08-2011, 03:48 PM
okay, I think what will happen is we will have a couple of lines marked out on the track, to give everyone a little space.

but if you are unsure or a little under powered then start near the back.

I know i probably will, as i have no idea how my mini will handle now :lol:

Captain-Codpiece-The-2nd
29-08-2011, 03:55 PM
Mass starts.....get in!

Nothing annoys me more than having to work out where you are in a race, oh wait a minute maybe it does, listening to Martin gloat about beating me does annoy me quite a bit actually now I come to think of it.

wes j.
29-08-2011, 04:16 PM
Who is this Martin you speak of Lloyd. Will you be racing at all over the winter or have you sold everything now :(.

tkd
29-08-2011, 05:57 PM
ok then see what happens friday night and what the other tc drivers have to say it mite be fun with a mini or a off road but i don't think the tc's will want this change and may be could have been left out of it, just my opinion.

just to add my luke took a side swipe at Cotswold track,
Witch took out the esc,motor sensor block and some plastic parts at a cost of more than £200, this was not a big hit just in the right place.
cos modern tc's don't have any protection on the sides for electrics.:thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

Dave Dodd
29-08-2011, 07:31 PM
ok then see what happens friday night and what the other tc drivers have to say it mite be fun with a mini or a off road but i don't think the tc's will want this change and may be could have been left out of it, just my opinion.

just to add my luke took a side swipe at Cotswold track,
Witch took out the esc,motor sensor block and some plastic parts at a cost of more than £200, this was not a big hit just in the right place.
cos modern tc's don't have any protection on the sides for electrics.:thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

although that could at any point in a race :eh?:

we are just trying to make it more of a race than a rally (against the clock)

it all depends on the types of car/motor that turn up on the night really.

Dave Dodd
29-08-2011, 07:32 PM
So, will Mr Manlove be making a visit this winter then Lloyd ?? :lol::lol::lol:

Crazy Rich
29-08-2011, 07:56 PM
I hope the computer still has it's "special announcement" :wub..., as for the mass starts, finals are always mass start and i never hear any complaints about those, so i don't really see how it would be any different. :confused:

tkd
29-08-2011, 08:16 PM
I hope the computer still has it's "special announcement" :wub..., as for the mass starts, finals are always mass start and i never hear any complaints about those, so i don't really see how it would be any different. :confused:

I thinks a grid stile start like in finals would be fine, it a group start off 1 or 2 lines I don't like, a finals start would be good practice. Could we not start running 2 qualis and 2 finals to spice it up a bit, as then you can chase for poll, then a win.

tkd
29-08-2011, 08:22 PM
Dave,lukes crash was on a practice day to be fair was trying to make a point at how weak these cars are and how much damage 10 cars within such a small aera starting off could do. Not trying to be a kill joy

johnni boi
29-08-2011, 08:28 PM
can we have an organised grid starting on the straight if we are all starting at the same time? :confused:

reg
29-08-2011, 08:36 PM
i think we should have a reverse grid,and its not on the straight,if we have 10 cars,one starts on the first corner,the next on the second,the next on the third,or have 3 rounds of qualy then a final,this is the best way to make the results right,that way it ends up with a propper race at the end of every night

Crazy Rich
29-08-2011, 09:02 PM
I thinks a grid stile start like in finals would be fine, it a group start off 1 or 2 lines I don't like, a finals start would be good practice. Could we not start running 2 qualis and 2 finals to spice it up a bit, as then you can chase for poll, then a win.

We could experiment with different ways, we could try having 4 start lines and the top 4 from the last heat start on the front line then the next four on the Second line ect, kinda like they do in Moto GP.

reg
29-08-2011, 09:15 PM
why not have 3 qualy and one final

tkd
30-08-2011, 06:10 AM

I like this one would make the night a lot more fun. :thumbsup:

johnni boi
30-08-2011, 09:03 AM

1 qualy and 3 finals :thumbsup::thumbsup::woot:

Robbiejuk
30-08-2011, 11:59 AM
We could experiment with different ways, we could try having 4 start lines and the top 4 from the last heat start on the front line then the next four on the Second line ect, kinda like they do in Moto GP.

You planning on having 16 cars in a heat then rich? :D

How about 5 lines, two on each with grid order sorted by ftd after round 1. Should spread people out a bit before the first corner.

Crazy Rich
30-08-2011, 01:29 PM

How about 5 lines, two on each with grid order sorted by ftd after round 1. Should spread people out a bit before the first corner.

16 cars in a heat?!, AAAAWWWW YEAAAHHH!, and i like the grid idea too :blush: .

Dave Dodd
30-08-2011, 01:48 PM

Sounds like a plan :thumbsup:

liking the 16 cars - good for the mini's :thumbsup:

Captain-Codpiece-The-2nd
30-08-2011, 04:55 PM
Shotgun not marshalling that one :woot:

Wes, I nearly sold the lot, but thankfully the guy pulled out and so I still have a crusty X6 and the General.

Gridding mass starts will just be a pain in the assholes in my opinion, just give it ultimate death off the line, and if you don't like it just hold back for a second and drive past the carnage on turn 1 :thumbsup:

wes j.
30-08-2011, 07:42 PM
YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE:).

tkd
30-08-2011, 10:38 PM
Shotgun not marshalling that one :woot:

Wes, I nearly sold the lot, but thankfully the guy pulled out and so I still have a crusty X6 and the General.

Gridding mass starts will just be a pain in the assholes in my opinion, just give it ultimate death off the line, and if you don't like it just hold back for a second and drive past the carnage on turn 1 :thumbsup:

it's ok but will put off new drivers when there cars keep getting bust, and with out them there will be no club sooner or later.
stick to girding like in big race days to give young and new drivers a good idea how it all works, and bring them on in the sport.

wes j.
31-08-2011, 04:03 PM
Have any ramps been taken back to the School for the off roaders .