PDA

View Full Version : Round Five - 3 February 2008

MattADH
28-01-2008, 03:53 PM
The fifth and penultimate round of the Winter Warmer series takes place this weekend at Eden Park Raceway.

We are hoping for another good turnout and think that there may be a number of new driver/car combos on show.

We are also pleased to confirm that MK Racing will be present with their shop although for obvious reasons, Marc will only be carrying a limited amount of spares including the necessities such as wheels, tyres, etc. If you want something in particular brought to the track, have a little courtesy and drop him a line to arrange it beforehand to avoid disappointment.

If you have any other questions, you can always contact me through this site.

MattADH
28-01-2008, 04:35 PM
Lee Martin is coming - not sure if this is a good or bad thing though :p

We also here that an Aero may be making its debut...

You can book in on the day but it would make things easier if newcomers to the club could send through their details (BRCA, Formula, Class, Chassis, Xtals, etc) it will save time on the day.

Thanks

Lee Martin
28-01-2008, 04:48 PM
oi!

lol

David Church
28-01-2008, 05:13 PM
And the famous Raffle will take place again, with actual prises this time!!!!:o Please remember this money is going straight into the improvements of this facility. You will notice a big difference on Sunday with the work that has taken place recently.
So please be as generous as you all were last time, THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

trekkerkk
28-01-2008, 05:27 PM
it might be worth trying to push some memberships as well dave,
i will be joining sunday:D

trekkker

Wraggy
28-01-2008, 08:06 PM
Lee Martin is coming -

who's he then ??:woot:

martboy21
28-01-2008, 08:06 PM
ill be there,ill give triple raffle money this time,i love prizes!! gonna borrow my brothers video cam and film some things on race day, EPR needs more media!!How are you feeling mr church?:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

David Church
28-01-2008, 08:10 PM
The knee is better, will still be limping for many weeks, but the drugs help:woot: lol

martboy21
28-01-2008, 08:19 PM
Crazy Yank!ha ha EEEAAASSYY! on the drugs,your mad enough,just joking glad your better mate,

For those of you with b4 and that are interested, a company called k-factory have a rear woven carbon fibre shock tower with alloy plate for the b4,must be a stronger alternative, plus it looks nice too

MattADH
30-01-2008, 03:57 PM
who's he then ??:woot:

I dont know really...

He just sent me a PM and said he was like this really good up and coming driver, and he wanted to try his new toy car round the track. I said this was OK as we were looking to encourage the younger racers!!!!

MattADH
30-01-2008, 04:00 PM
Brookie - can you look into updating the membership forms as we discussed last weekend.

Some people (no names) are looking to use the EPR track in the summer evenings for National practice so if they all become full members, they will have that facility...

Thanks

mw02veg
30-01-2008, 06:17 PM
ill be there on sunday for the sunshine!!! really looking forward to this one gotta practice my jumping(ellis and kev know :lol:)!!! should have my new toy ready aswell shes going together sweet!!!

cheers grant

David Church
02-02-2008, 12:47 PM
Didn't go to the work party today cause I am having a day resting my injured knee, it's gonna be a long cold day tomorrow and I am going to be very busy.... cause........

I want your money again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes raffle time again all you lot!!!!!!!!!!

I have had a few people tell me they are going to buy a few tickets at a fiver each, thanks guys, but the rest of you bring a fiver please!!!!!!!!!!!!
We have real prises this time!!!!!!!!!!!
What's that you say??? Yes real good proper prises, I reckon everybody will have 2 raffle tickets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But seriously, you will see a difference in the track and facilities, it is looking so sweet.
So if you need somewhere to race tomorrow, bring a fiver and come see the best track in the South East!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

niggs98
02-02-2008, 06:38 PM
will look forward to it then as the weather is looking good as well ;)

MattADH
02-02-2008, 07:09 PM
I have sourced some stuff too.

Looks like we will have dry day and we have come up with an "interesting" layout that will sort the men from the boys!!!

martboy21
02-02-2008, 07:24 PM
hopefully with the new car i might be able to get somewhere higher tommorow?!

dave four raffle tickets please!its for a good cause and i really,really want matts top prize!he he

plus its for a good cause and it benifits everybody who comes to epr.

if 100 tickets are bought thats £500, a huge difference for boarding up the rostrum(if you still do matt and steve)and towards everything else.

lets try and make that a target david,work yourself like a prostitute and take lots of money!!ha ha

matt seeing as andy and jon arent a definate would you like a hand around 7ish?

mart :thumbsup:

David Church
02-02-2008, 07:28 PM
I will do my best hustle tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

niggs98
02-02-2008, 07:33 PM
I will do my best hustle tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

just leave the skirt at home denise :S

martboy21
02-02-2008, 07:34 PM
oh denise baby xxx

David Church
02-02-2008, 07:47 PM
But it may help sell more raffle tickets!!!!!!!!!!:woot:

martboy21
02-02-2008, 07:51 PM
only if you wax your legs this time,the stubble gives rashes!!!!

David Church
03-02-2008, 06:23 PM
Ok here we go, what a great day today!!!!!

BIG BIG thanks for all that bought raffle tickets!!!! We made about £260!!!! Now that's some going!!!! Thanks very much!!!!!

Tha track was awesome today!!!!!! Good layout and much more grip than we have seen in a few rounds!!!!!
Ellis was on fire, that X-6 in his hands is, well, keep your eye on him this year!!!! And congrats to Truman for winning the 4wd!!!!!

I enjoyed battling against Mr Trousersnake amd Mr Buck!!!!!
What fun to race so close, fantastic!!!!!!

Thanks to all for coming!!!!!

Oh, and I hope you all liked my commentating on the 4wd A final!?!?!?
Let me know eh, I may do more, Race Fans!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

martboy21
03-02-2008, 06:29 PM
yeah very good day,uploaded some photos dave,have a look ;)

Big E
03-02-2008, 06:34 PM
I wish in some ways I was on fire today, would have been warmer then :woot:

Where are the photo's then??

Track was good today although the jump was hard how it was but nice that it was not more like an ice rink than a race track :thumbsup:

David Church
03-02-2008, 06:36 PM
yeah very good day,uploaded some photos dave,have a look ;)

Cant see any photos???

martboy21
03-02-2008, 06:36 PM
http://s268.photobucket.com/albums/j...t=DSCF1445.jpg (http://s268.photobucket.com/albums/jj18/martboy21/?action=view&current=DSCF1445.jpg)http://www.oople.com/forums/images/misc/progress.gif http://www.oople.com/forums/images/buttons/edit.gif (http://www.oople.com/forums/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=90173)

posted them on new thread,oops :/

martboy21
03-02-2008, 06:37 PM
had alot,but alot were blurry so no real good racing ones. all of the A final cars were too bloody fast to capture!

David Church
03-02-2008, 06:40 PM
I will put a few up in a bit as well!!!!

mw02veg
03-02-2008, 07:11 PM
yeah great day today some nice fast close racing!! well ellis had a little sommick today maybe had something to do with the hat combo wot a tool lmao!!
again another meeting with new faces and growing numbers. by all accounts a good day was had by all. especially mr kev lee he was made up winning that radio tape measure in the raffle!! but it didnt last long till he broke it!!!:o and he still cant measure how long its gonna be till he gets his aero hahahaha

David Church
03-02-2008, 07:18 PM
yeah great day today some nice fast close racing!! well ellis had a little sommick today maybe had something to do with the hat combo wot a tool lmao!!
again another meeting with new faces and growing numbers. by all accounts a good day was had by all. especially mr kev lee he was made up winning that radio tape measure in the raffle!! but it didnt last long till he broke it!!!:o and he still dosent know how long its gonna be till he gets his aero

He didn't break it did he???? PMSL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KevLee
03-02-2008, 07:21 PM
by all accounts a good day was had by all. especially mr kev lee he was made up winning that radio tape measure in the raffle!! but it didnt last long till he broke it!!!:o

Its not broken! it just needs an occasional tap and its fine!:thumbsup:

I can't belive how i've ever managed without a Radio Tape Measure before!! Someone spotted a hole in the market there:)

MattADH
03-02-2008, 07:30 PM
There are quite a few of us with radio tape measures - it works well too believe it or not. Not sure if Kev's one is legal though?

mw02veg
03-02-2008, 07:30 PM
http://s268.photobucket.com/albums/jj18/martboy21/th_DSCF1463.jpg

MattADH
03-02-2008, 07:32 PM
Martin Butler was saying how great it was that Ellis had a cap with his name on it. Ellis, I think he is a closet fan!!!;)

KevLee
03-02-2008, 07:35 PM
There are quite a few of us with radio tape measures - it works well too believe it or not. Not sure if Kev's one is legal though?

legal? :o

mw02veg
03-02-2008, 07:47 PM
they were triple A's but i think they were the wrong label hahahahahah

Big E
03-02-2008, 07:50 PM
again another meeting with new faces and growing numbers. by all accounts a good day was had by all. especially mr kev lee he was made up winning that radio tape measure in the raffle!! but it didnt last long till he broke it!!!:o and he still cant measure how long its gonna be till he gets his aero hahahaha

May have looked a tool but me ears were warm :eh?:

Maybe the hat was the key to my speed :p

mw02veg
03-02-2008, 07:53 PM
i might try it (will it help me jump :confused:) on seconds thoughts mayb not :lol:

Big E
03-02-2008, 07:54 PM
No but it won't hurt so muh when you land on your head :o

KevLee
03-02-2008, 07:55 PM
May have looked a tool but me ears were warm :eh?:

Maybe the hat was the key to my speed :p

I think you are right!

.............. you did look like a tool :woot:

David Church
03-02-2008, 07:57 PM
Hahahahahahahahahaha

Big E
03-02-2008, 07:58 PM
When do I not look a tool though....pretty much never :woot:

David Church
03-02-2008, 08:05 PM
Awwwwwwwww bless:)

martboy21
03-02-2008, 08:12 PM
http://s268.photobucket.com/albums/jj18/martboy21/th_DSCF1463.jpg

Grant thats copyright!!(the photo)you owe me 6147.97 in legal fees and compensation!!

Swiss
03-02-2008, 08:14 PM
Ok here we go, what a great day today!!!!!

BIG BIG thanks for all that bought raffle tickets!!!! We made about £260!!!! Now that's some going!!!! Thanks very much!!!!!

Tha track was awesome today!!!!!! Good layout and much more grip than we have seen in a few rounds!!!!!
Ellis was on fire, that X-6 in his hands is, well, keep your eye on him this year!!!! And congrats to Truman for winning the 4wd!!!!!

I enjoyed battling against Mr Trousersnake amd Mr Buck!!!!!
What fun to race so close, fantastic!!!!!!

Thanks to all for coming!!!!!

Oh, and I hope you all liked my commentating on the 4wd A final!?!?!?
Let me know eh, I may do more, Race Fans!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

Yep, really good fun. I think we swapped places about a dozen times in the final round Mr Chuch and Mr Buck.

Cheers Eden Park.

P:thumbsup:

jim76
03-02-2008, 09:42 PM
top days racing. loads more grip than last month and a good track layout.

DC, your commentary was superb, you can have a regular job!!

Oh, and the raffle was great too! My new Xray hauler bag is just the job.
£25 anyone?!?!

kidding! it will be full of my stuff in 4 weeks time!

Guy
04-02-2008, 10:46 AM
Chaps

Thanks for another great day's racing - truly awesome layout. It was nice and flowing and very rewarding - especially the diagonal table-top.

One of these days I will manage to get out of bed early enough to actually practice before the first round - here's hoping!

Anyway, I look forward to the next one.

Guy.

PS - Martboy21 - love the photo of my Lazer!

abray
05-02-2008, 09:29 PM
All of the round 5 and overall championship results are now live on the website.

Will try and dust off the B4 for the next round. Thanks, Alex

MattADH
06-02-2008, 11:59 AM
You bloody better!!!

Or are you waiting on the new Schumacher 4WD buggy. I know you are a fan!!!!

trekkerkk
06-02-2008, 12:58 PM
thanks alex,
those results are looking real good lol:D

trekkker