PDA

View Full Version : Difference between 2WD Stagger and 2WD Mini-Pin

Sebastian
29-01-2008, 11:40 AM
Hi guys!

Here's a question for you 2WD junkees. Where's the difference (in driving ;)) between the Schumacher

U6609 2WD Mini Pin

and

U6592 2WD Stagger Rib?

In Germany at carpet races the fast guys normally use only Stagger Rib. Is the Mini Pin more aggressive becauseof its pins? How about the wear rate? Sometimes at very high traction surfaces the Stagger is useless after zwo packs due to the fact that the edges of the ribs are "rounded". Maybe the Mini Pin offers more/consistend site bite?

Cheers

Seb

sparrow.2
29-01-2008, 11:52 AM
I tried minipins on the front of the car last carpet race we had in Langenfeld, After I had cut 2 rows off them inside and out they were ok. Very aggressive and you need to change the setup completely.
I ended up going back to staggereds because they gave more consistent laptimes and were alot easier to drive hard.

If you are having trouble with the wear of the staggereds build your setup around the worn tires, because they keep the grip fairly well after the initial edges are rounded a little.

Come down to Langenfeld for our Karneval-Race :woot:

Sebastian
29-01-2008, 12:05 PM
Hi Sparrow!

That's a long ride from Hamburg to Langenfeld ... :( And the missus wouldn't be very pleased if I am off to a meeting so shortly. :blush:

As for the Staggers: I hate their slim look! :lol: That's why I wondered if the 2WD Mini-Pin will work.

Cheers

Seb

jimmy
29-01-2008, 12:10 PM
I think I've only ever used the staggers once, when the grip was very high indeed. I'd normally use mini spikes instead of staggers. Mini pins can be a little twitchy for me

Sebastian
29-01-2008, 12:29 PM
U mean this one Jimmy?

Northy
29-01-2008, 12:33 PM
Yeh, that's what he means. Should be somewhere in-between.

G

Sebastian
29-01-2008, 12:34 PM
Okely-dokely ... ;)

Thanks guys

Seb

sparrow.2
30-01-2008, 11:04 PM
I meant mini-pins... If you remove the outside two and inside two rows of spikes on a mini-spike you end up with a slick :wtf:

In the UK you guys seem to run indoor races on a load of different surfaces. In Germany it tends to be all carpet, so the grip is pretty high all over.

After having seen the York video were are going to blatantly try and copy some of the jumps this weekend :)

I'll try and post some pics

Tom3012
30-01-2008, 11:30 PM
i use staggers on the front of my B4 on the outdoor (astro) track at southport... i love them! i find mini spikes give too much grip for my drving style, although on the losi xxxcr... its mini spikes all the way :thumbsup: