PDA

View Full Version : Decent alternative wings?

captainlip
14-08-2011, 08:27 PM
I'm just wondering what decent alternative to rango wings are there? Rangos are pretty thin and expensive, and having o-rings under the wing has helped but not made a huge difference. Which wings are thicker lexan?

rc_penguin
14-08-2011, 08:35 PM
Take your pick, HB, Yokomo, Jconcepts, Losi, list goes on..... They're all as good as each other, just depends what you like the look of, any wing is likely to get battered on a buggy anyway. I'm now using the new vega wings, they seem a little more resistant than previous wings I've had :)

captainlip
14-08-2011, 08:39 PM
I guess it all comes down to how thick the lexan is

tomtom
14-08-2011, 08:53 PM
HarlowS here got very good wings, thicker lexan same profile and very good com.

coleman758
14-08-2011, 08:54 PM
The Losi 22 wing holds up well, I have been running it on mine for a few months now! It's just about dead now.

Maybe a hard plastic "truggy" wing is the way too go?
Although I don't seem to have many issues with my wing.

Maybe you cut it out wrong or screwed it on wrong!! Haha

MRD
14-08-2011, 08:55 PM
From what I've seen the problem is with the wig mounts. Theyre so solid there's no give and the wing takes it all. The Jconcepts wings are the best I've used so I'd go for one of them. Ive got a rango wing to try on my 501 so I'll see how long it lasts with softer mounts.

captainlip
14-08-2011, 09:22 PM
From what I've seen the problem is with the wig mounts. Theyre so solid there's no give and the wing takes it all. The Jconcepts wings are the best I've used so I'd go for one of them. Ive got a rango wing to try on my 501 so I'll see how long it lasts with softer mounts.

This would be interesting to hear how they hold up.

Jc concepts may be worth a look.