PDA

View Full Version : S10 blast screws problem?

Cr3Ad
18-08-2011, 07:48 PM
im just wondering if anybody else may have had the same experience ive had with the s10 blast bx, me and my dad both got them RTR and with mine i came to change the rtr internals with my motor and esc and reciever, and i come to the button head screws to find that the hex key just slipped round so a different key and still the same, it came to the point that i had to dremel across the head and get it out with a flat screwdriver:thumbdown:

if anybody else has had this problem did them just buy replacement screws or is there a way to contact LRP directly with the problem. i couldn't find an email address to contact them on there site.

wozza
19-08-2011, 03:30 PM
Hi. I have had the same problem with most of the screws on my Blast. I bought a few assorted packs of Simply RC screws, and replaced all of the LRP ones as i removed them from time to time. I've not had the same problem since, thankfully.

Cr3Ad
19-08-2011, 11:00 PM
cheers ive got some replacement screws on order and also emailed LRP in the process just to see what they have to say about it

rondoolaa
21-08-2011, 03:41 PM
if you get a reply from lrp then your very lucky, in my opinion they have the worst customer support ever

Cr3Ad
22-08-2011, 05:41 PM
cheers well you are right so far no reply just yet ill wait, ive got loads of screws to replace the bad ones now anyway. its shocking that LRP seem to have bad feed back on there customer support side considering theyve been going so long and have some very good products on the market

Cr3Ad
23-08-2011, 07:20 PM
well i did get a reply for the people at LRP which this next statement to me is a little confusing
"We can asure you that stripped screws are no common issue with the S10 cars. Most of the time it is the inadequate tool quality of the customer destroying the hex of the screw. Sorry to say, but this is what we can say out of our experience. As a small hint, take a 3/32 inch hex and you will never strip any screw any more. 3/32 inch is a bit oversized and fits perfectly into every screw head without damaging is as a normal 2mm does. "

this is copyed direct from my email received from LRP which there hinting that there 2mm screws are fine but yet you have to use a 3/32 hex so it doesn't damage there 2mm screws

so this is a hint for anybody with a blast or just buying one

steve-thebabystore
01-09-2011, 03:18 PM
Sorry but this wrong, several of the screws on my car have such a shallow head god knows how they were even tightened in the first place. Using LRP tools you still can't get them moved!