PDA

View Full Version : Winter racing

Andyp
19-08-2011, 11:28 PM
Good to see trcc has it's own section now.

Is they any thoughts about winter off road racing? Maybe a little series or a joint between a few clubs?

I know it maybe a little early but the quicker I get dates put on the diary(if anything does happen) the better , I'm sure others will agree.

crazyken76
31-08-2011, 12:35 AM
tried this last year and didnt work

Andyp
31-08-2011, 06:30 AM
I guess with that useful comment it's a NO !

I thought the series between teesside and seaham was quiet good last year, I know I couldn't make a few of them as the dates were out quiet late and I was already doing something on them days .

Speaking to a few ne racers a few people seemed interested in a series so I thought I would ask.

Steven Forster
31-08-2011, 05:52 PM
I guess with that useful comment it's a NO !

I thought the series between teesside and seaham was quiet good last year, I know I couldn't make a few of them as the dates were out quiet late and I was already doing something on them days .

Speaking to a few ne racers a few people seemed interested in a series so I thought I would ask.

I would be up for this :thumbsup:

gazbaz2
02-09-2011, 09:44 PM

But it did get decent entrys ?

Andyp
02-09-2011, 10:19 PM
But it did get decent entrys ?

I thought the entrys werent too bad either , i couldnt make a few of them but the ones i did attend had a quiet a good attendance i remember the first round had around 30 drivers ,

i know its no real big money maker for the clubs but its something, keeps people interested and its nice to have a series run local.

tonymong
05-09-2011, 10:08 AM
i will be up for it this year !!!

if it helps !!??

thanx

tony

racdeaf
05-09-2011, 02:54 PM
i am up for it ! :thumbsup:

jimmyfish
05-09-2011, 03:19 PM

It did, you probably just stuck racing (if thats what you call it) boaring cars! try off road you may like it!

Bring it on!!! :thumbsup:

Kash
19-09-2011, 02:22 PM
I'm definatly up for this as I would prefer to race locally this winter.

racdeaf
19-09-2011, 03:12 PM
I'm definatly up for this as I would prefer to race locally this winter.

as do i matey so would need to get trcc members to get together to sort it !

Andyp
19-09-2011, 04:19 PM
How do we go about getting it sorted ? Who will put the dates forward (Gary maybe ? Sorry if not) be good to get some dates flying around so people can get them on the calendar .

Chequered Flag Racing
19-09-2011, 04:29 PM
Good to see trcc has it's own section now.

Only just noticed this club section even though I asked for it a good few weeks back but had no pm's email's from those I contacted :o

No idea on the off road racing though

even started this thread to gauge interest back in July before this section was formed
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76533&highlight=aces

gazbaz2
20-09-2011, 12:59 PM
How do we go about getting it sorted ? Who will put the dates forward (Gary maybe ? Sorry if not) be good to get some dates flying around so people can get them on the calendar .

I'll have a word and try n sort something out

crazyken76
15-11-2011, 09:49 PM
we cant just do this just over the winter we need to do the buggy racing all year round then then it will take off and hopfully be as good as it was 15 years back when i first started racing it was just buggy racing
:thumbsup:

crazyken76
22-11-2011, 11:42 PM
:D:Dok just wondering how many people would be interested in racing buggys our club as a regular thing ?

Andyp
23-11-2011, 12:29 AM
I would as I think you know!

The problem being how would it work? I can't really see that they would be enough interest to start with to run on it's own night but dunno how it would work running on a sat night along with on road.

I don't think any thing will happen over night but if we stick @ it it will pick up I recon.

:thumbsup:

crazyken76
23-11-2011, 01:17 AM
we are thinking about racing on a saturday night just to get it started but we can use some mobile obsticiles for now . i hope it takes of as i am buying another buggy :)

Andyp
23-11-2011, 03:05 AM
Sounds a good plan , you can always design the track so it can be slightly altered to miss a ramp also but as they is not loads of spare space this may not be poss everywhere.

I would be up for making/repair some ramps and features as most of the old ones are in a pretty bad state !

racdeaf
23-11-2011, 09:34 AM
buggy i like :D !
count me in fellas :thumbsup:

oh add my son dylan too..

maybe worth have buggy class once every sat in a month ??

rob

crazyken76
23-11-2011, 02:31 PM
we can do it every saturday it just means we wont have the jumps in for a bit . once it takes off then we could eaither do buggys on a sunday or on a friday night .

Chequered Flag Racing
23-11-2011, 02:35 PM
we can do it every saturday it just means we wont have the jumps in for a bit . once it takes off then we could eaither do buggys on a sunday or on a friday night .

have the committee agreed to buggies running on Sat nights?

would they run 5 or 6 minute heats?

would the on road classes be reduced to 5 minutes to accomodate the buggies?

crazyken76
23-11-2011, 03:16 PM
have the committee agreed to buggies running on Sat nights?

would they run 5 or 6 minute heats?

would the on road classes be reduced to 5 minutes to accomodate the buggies?
going to put it forward in the next meeting :thumbsup:

Andyp
23-11-2011, 04:23 PM
Just my little bit, i dont see why any other class would need to be altered to accomodate buggies.

i know its not even happening yet but to bear in mind that it would be good to stay away from sunday racing for a couple of reasons. 1st, alot of buggy racers from the north east enter other non club events that run on sundays so would affect attendance although if they was lots of interest that wouldnt be a problem. 2nd Seaham run on sundays (when they are no comps), with only being 20mins ish up the road we would not want to take racers away from there night and hopfully get some of there racers to attend trcc's night.

Benfield does run on a friday night but being nearly an hour away i dont think a clash would have much effect!

crazyken76
23-11-2011, 05:00 PM
Just my little bit, i dont see why any other class would need to be altered to accomodate buggies.

i know its not even happening yet but to bear in mind that it would be good to stay away from sunday racing for a couple of reasons. 1st, alot of buggy racers from the north east enter other non club events that run on sundays so would affect attendance although if they was lots of interest that wouldnt be a problem. 2nd Seaham run on sundays (when they are no comps), with only being 20mins ish up the road we would not want to take racers away from there night and hopfully get some of there racers to attend trcc's night.

Benfield does run on a friday night but being nearly an hour away i dont think a clash would have much effect!
well at the moment it is just all talk and ideas we could end up racing friday nights if the interest is there for it . as years back we did race on a friday night but we will just have to see what happens but for now we could just race on a saturday night and also it will do the track some good :)

Steven Forster
23-11-2011, 08:08 PM
You go past newcastle tyne met college on the way to benfield which run touring cars and buggies on monday night from 7-10pm except bank holiday mondays which had 14 buggies and 14 touring cars running this monday just gone and that is with a few people missing who normally turn up so shouldnt be a problem running both classes on the same day/night................:thumbsup:

crazyken76
27-11-2011, 12:15 PM
ok we have had a chat about racing buggys on our track and we are going to start doing it next saturday BUT it will be just a flat track with MAYBE a few small obsticles no jumps for now . please use used yellow pins:thumbsup:

Andyp
30-11-2011, 12:29 AM
Hey Ken this sounds good, I have just seen this, it's a little tucked away, how are people gonna turn up if they don't know it's happening.

I should be there !

crazyken76
30-11-2011, 01:58 AM
We are going to see how many turn up in our club then if there is interest then we will put a bigger post up to let racers know :)

Chequered Flag Racing
30-11-2011, 08:15 AM
please use used yellow pins:thumbsup:

or Yellow spikes ;)