PDA

View Full Version : dex410 plastic pods and steering assembly

snook
23-08-2011, 01:31 PM
Hi everyone

I got a couple of questions i couldn’t figure out by myself.

what are the upsides/downsides of adding the plastic sidepods to the dex410? how does it affect handling, ect...
the steering link for the dexR is has a different length than the steering link for the dex410(non-R) how come? where's the difference?

thx

EDIT: New question in post 7

IceMike
23-08-2011, 03:34 PM
plastic side pods give the car abit more flex, in theory makes the car smoother over bumps and flex more so it feels more forgiving in general. cant answer the other question.

Rebelrc
23-08-2011, 04:00 PM
The 410r spacer on steering link helps get the servo horn upright therefore keeping throw even from side to side. It was added to the r as a helpfull add on
Hope this helps

snook
23-08-2011, 05:34 PM
The 410r spacer on steering link helps get the servo horn upright therefore keeping throw even from side to side. It was added to the r as a helpfull add on
Hope this helps
but why is there a 1.5mm gap in the 410 and a 3.5mm gap in the 410R?

RC John
23-08-2011, 05:48 PM
I have the R kit and originally built it as the manual shows with the 3.5mm spacer. I found that there was a lot more steering throw to one side than the other. I forget which side had more steering. Looking at the geometry of the links, I realized by shortening that gap, the steering throw would be more equal. So I took that spacer out and reduced the gap. It was much better after. I don't have my car near me, so I don't know what gap I ended up with, but 1.5mm sounds about right.

Rebelrc
24-08-2011, 07:06 AM
When I first built some 410s when they first came out the link seemed to short with 1.5mm and the servo arm wasn't quite upright when the wheels were straight. Then built an r and the link was using a 3.5mm spacer and it was perfect.
It was a revision I think
As for not having even steering throw John, you should be able to acheive even with both . Yours sounds like an incorrectly adjusted servo.
When I posted earlier I ment even bellcrank ratios! And their leverage ratio over the servo! Hope this helps
R is better at 3.5mm but I am not sure if the later 2010 spec dex410s have this also? . I expect so.

snook
24-08-2011, 03:03 PM
thx for all the quick answers.

one more thing. was browsing throu TD-website and found this.
http://www.team-durango.com/part-info.php?partNo=TD220003

anyone knows how this looks like?

snook