PDA

View Full Version : Flex system Pics!!

kabilay
25-08-2011, 12:53 PM
Check this out

http://www.team-durango.com/part-info.php?partNo=TD220003

Is is going to be included in the new DEX410? Lets see what else is in the way:thumbsup:

t8rtot
25-08-2011, 01:01 PM
says option part

will be interesting to see the differences

kabilay
25-08-2011, 01:04 PM
says option part

will be interesting to see the differences

option for DEX410/R

captainlip
25-08-2011, 03:02 PM
:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

dpackster1980
25-08-2011, 09:31 PM
I'm going to buy one. I saves swapping between the plastic and carbon brace especially on a club night when you hardly have a break. :thumbsup:

Big G
25-08-2011, 09:54 PM
do you notice much difference swapping packster? what surface are you running on?

I swapped to the plastic pods at the start of the season, but haven't tried the alu again since so it might be worth putting them back on to try a few things

mjk37
26-08-2011, 05:44 AM
option for DEX410/R

Option for those 2 models but probably standard part on the V3 which is coming

captainlip
26-08-2011, 08:45 AM
do you notice much difference swapping packster? what surface are you running on?

I swapped to the plastic pods at the start of the season, but haven't tried the alu again since so it might be worth putting them back on to try a few things

So you managed to have a try with the new one?

kabilay
26-08-2011, 09:07 AM
Option for those 2 models but probably standard part on the V3 which is coming

That was my initial thought.
And i have a feeling of updated Shock towers having the same colour but of better quality than the R.
Something like the 408 towers but for 1/10 scale. I don,t think that TD is going to replace the old ones with newly designed carbon towers.

This was for another thread ...:blush:

Big G
26-08-2011, 09:54 AM
So you managed to have a try with the new one?

sorry I meant I put plastic "R" pods on, but haven't tried the alu ones again since. Might be worth putting alu pods and plastic brace on to try that as well as plastic/plastic on a decent day to compare things.

captainlip
26-08-2011, 10:49 AM
sorry I meant I put plastic "R" pods on, but haven't tried the alu ones again since. Might be worth putting alu pods and plastic brace on to try that as well as plastic/plastic on a decent day to compare things.

ah i thought you were talking about the rear brace :thumbsup:

dpackster1980
26-08-2011, 09:40 PM

I run a 410R, I've noticed it makes a hell of a difference. I run on a varnished cork floor so it is roughly the same as a polished wood floor. The extra flex helps to generate more rear end grip with the plastic brace.

Outdoors I use the carbon brace because the plastic one along with the plastic side pods in my view has too much flex and isn't consistent over the bumps.

captainlip
26-08-2011, 10:05 PM
I run a 410R, I've noticed it makes a hell of a difference. I run on a varnished cork floor so it is roughly the same as a polished wood floor. The extra flex helps to generate more rear end grip with the plastic brace.

Outdoors I use the carbon brace because the plastic one along with the plastic side pods in my view has too much flex and isn't consistent over the bumps.

snap!

this is great that its adjustable, same as the rear hinge pin adjuster. :thumbsup:

Big G
26-08-2011, 11:43 PM
I've been running plastic/carbon all this season. I'll do a run like this next tuesday and then swap to plastic/plastic and see what difference I can report on.

I'd like this new part, but it is rather pricey :(

captainlip
27-08-2011, 09:16 AM
with this part though, there is a real difference in how flexable the brace is, so its a worthty part to have if you use different surfaces.

jkclifford
27-08-2011, 01:06 PM
What a load of crap, unless you've got the smalls torque wrench in the world how would you ever set either side the same, let alone use it as an adjustable brace. The only way a system like that can work is with shoulder bolts done up tight, with differnt graded bushes. Imho.

captainlip
27-08-2011, 05:24 PM
What a load of crap, unless you've got the smalls torque wrench in the world how would you ever set either side the same, let alone use it as an adjustable brace. The only way a system like that can work is with shoulder bolts done up tight, with differnt graded bushes. Imho.

simple, screw it up all the way and count the number of turns you loosen it by each side for equal flex? :confused:

andys
27-08-2011, 06:04 PM

What he said....

It's bling, if you like bling buy it.
As for a tuning aid, I can't tell the difference between the plastic / carbon brace, or the alloy / plastic sidepods :)

captainlip
27-08-2011, 07:15 PM
What he said....

As for a tuning aid, I can't tell the difference between the plastic / carbon brace, or the alloy / plastic sidepods :)

cleary you need to play around with it more there is a huuuuuuge difference between the two.

this isnt a bling item in my books :thumbsup:

samd
27-08-2011, 07:43 PM
What he said....

must be cos your crap andy:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Rebelrc
28-08-2011, 07:26 AM
I think this td flex system people won't use the screws to adjust it. I think people will buy this kit then use a thread locked stud in to side pods ( on the adjuster bolt ) then use an m3 nyloc nut on top of the rubber and brace then at least then it won't loosen and you can put a little scratch on the Ali brace ( both sides ) then you can count the flats on the nuts for reliable and accurate adjustment. Hope this makes sense?

mattr
28-08-2011, 09:44 AM

^^^^ What he said, you'll need a torque wrench which measures something like 0-1Nm with a graduations of about 0.05Nm. Not forgetting the variability you'll have in the rubber bushes.

They use a similar thing in some rubber mounts in automotive, but the size of the hardware is such that you are looking at torques of 50Nm, plus its not for tuning per se, so everything is done up to 50Nm, every time.

andys
28-08-2011, 10:08 PM
must be cos your crap andy:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Nice one Sam :) :)

I wouldnt say I'm crap, average maybe.

What I do know is bling when I see it. Durango are sure to be bringing out all manner of unnecessary alloy bling to keep the fashion conscious racers happy when the new plastic car is released. I'm sure this brace will be just the start.

Adam Skelding
29-08-2011, 07:59 AM
How do you know this product is poor? You've not seen it yet alone use it?
Simple engineering means you can tune it's flexibility.

Regarding your post on torque settings.
I'm guessing you torque every screw on your car with a minute torque wrench to make sure it's not tweaked and then re-torque every screw after each run.

;)

jkclifford
29-08-2011, 08:12 AM
Simpley, no.

if two componants are done up so mating surfaces are tight, the torque is erelovent. (When using 3mm bolts onto plastic you could never achive a torque high enough to tweak a chassis)

If you are relying on torque setting as a setup I fail to see how it can be accurate.

As for the product beautifully machined, poor conept.

captainlip
29-08-2011, 08:17 AM
Tbh I'm looking forward to hearing more about this and what other new products Durango bring out!

jkclifford
29-08-2011, 08:21 AM
To note you never rely on torque wrench settings, unless you can wind the bolt into its maximum depth with minimum force (Finger tight ) otherwise you are getting restance from Threads as torque.

Can you build a model car with you fingers then torque the last turn?

Adam Skelding
29-08-2011, 08:28 AM
Simpley, no.

if two componants are done up so mating surfaces are tight, the torque is erelovent. (When using 3mm bolts onto plastic you could never achive a torque high enough to tweak a chassis)

If you are relying on torque setting as a setup I fail to see how it can be accurate.

As for the product beautifully machined, poor conept.

Hmmm.
Maybe your understanding of engineering is a little misguided.
Engine head bolts, wheel nuts/bolts are all tightened with a given torque setting for a reason.
It doesn't rely on a torque setting at all. The screws have a blank shank on them which simply only allows you to tighten them down a set amount, thus sets the pre-load on the bush. You then adjust this with washers.
The brace does work, we tested it and we don't release anything that doesn't offer an improvement in some form or other.

Maybe you need to reserve judgement before you cast it to the ' I've not tried it so it doesn't work bin'

As for tweaking plastic with a 3mm bolt. You can!

captainlip
29-08-2011, 08:39 AM
And this is why I will be saving my pennies up for one of these :thumbsup:

jkclifford
29-08-2011, 08:51 AM
Hmmm.
Maybe your understanding of engineering is a little misguided.
Engine head bolts, wheel nuts/bolts are all tightened with a given torque setting for a reason.
It doesn't rely on a torque setting at all. The screws have a blank shank on them which simply only allows you to tighten them down a set amount, thus sets the pre-load on the bush. You then adjust this with washers.
The brace does work, we tested it and we don't release anything that doesn't offer an improvement in some form or other.

Maybe you need to reserve judgement before you cast it to the ' I've not tried it so it doesn't work bin'

As for tweaking plastic with a 3mm bolt. You can!

My apologies .
The way the adjustment works is with shims.

not by slackening screws as first suggested.

InsideLineModels
29-08-2011, 08:57 AM
That makes sense using washers to determine the preload on the bush. Nice tuning aid I reckon.

As for this general engineering comment, it's not quite true.. What is "tight"? I assume you mean a high preload? The preload is directly determined by the the torque and therefore it is relevant. Maybe not so much in this case but in a lap joint it's critical.

if two componants are done up so mating surfaces are tight, the torque is erelovent.

jkclifford
29-08-2011, 09:07 AM
The point I was trying to make, was chassis screws for example bolted into plastic gearbox holders, you do them up sensibly tight, it would be nigh on imposible to set by torque acuratly.due to the fact that the plastic drags and the bolt isn't loose all the way to the head of the bolt.

I still fail to see how you can do up 3mm bolts into plastic tight enough to crush it causing tweak without stripping the threads.

mattr
29-08-2011, 09:49 AM
It doesn't rely on a torque setting at all. The screws have a blank shank on them which simply only allows you to tighten them down a set amount, thus sets the pre-load on the bush. You then adjust this with washers.Adam, I'd suggest changing this description then.
The flexibility of the rear of the chassis can be tuned by adjusting the tension of the mounting screws allowing you to tune your chassis flex for different track conditions.It SOUNDS like you are suggesting changing the bolt torque to increase preload on the bush, when what you are actually intending is to shim the shoulder bolt/bush to get the same effect.
The increase in the bolt tension is misleading and pretty much irrelevant in this application (with a compressed rubber bush underneath it). As has been pointed out.

And i am well aware of the potential for changing chassis response by loosening or tightening screws in plastics, its one of the first "tune ups" for slot racing cars, loosen off the screws holding the shell to the chassis to improve road holding and cornering (allows the chassis to flex freely) even half a turn is enough to make a difference to some cars!

coleman758
29-08-2011, 10:16 AM
I don't get some people...

You have never even seen the product, let alone drive a car with it on.
if it didn't work why would TD waste time and money developing it in the first place.

How it works is irrelevant as long as it does work...

mattr
29-08-2011, 10:32 AM
How it works is irrelevant as long as it does work...Well, not really. Trionz wrist bands (OMG WTF11!!!11!!) work.

Except they don't, its snake oil. People still buy millions of the damn things.

The original description of how the flex system works (changing tension in the bolts) means it wouldn't work in any realistic/practical sense. This put it pretty much in the same pot as the trionz bands. A way to make money.

Adams better description, (shims and bushes on a fixed length shaft) and me peering squint eyed at the picture on the durango site, shows that it should work, and be repeatable, and is based on good engineering. Which is good.

A lot of people take claims made by all manufacturers as gospel. Personally i like to understand how things work before parting with cash, hence the scepticism around the original description.

I might even buy one for my Durango now.

Adam F
29-08-2011, 01:03 PM
I just love engineering arguments on here!

Basically you have just jumped to a conclusion based on a picture and slagged off a product, well done sirs...

I am sure you are fully qualified mechanical engineers too... :woot:

Rebelrc
29-08-2011, 01:29 PM

Basically you have just jumped to a conclusion based on a picture and slagged off a product, well done sirs...

yes mega qualified cheers:thumbsup:
X1313 how's your vega? Nicely engineered? Lol

jkclifford
29-08-2011, 01:35 PM

No not the picture the decription of how it was to be adjusted.

Qualified engineer, yes highly thanks. Ask anyone that knows me about the parts I have machined/ alterd.

discostu
29-08-2011, 01:51 PM
IMO this car has traction issues at the rear carbon flex plates plastic ones adjustable ones get the shocks and roll centres sorted no need for all this flexi stuff. this is my opinon, ive driven rangos and dont like the feel and lack of rear traction compaired to other cars.

stu

mattr
29-08-2011, 02:18 PM
I am sure you are fully qualified mechanical engineers too... :woot:Erm, just to confirm, same as everyone else, i am also a qualified mechanical engineer.

sime46
29-08-2011, 02:55 PM
Jesus! What a fuss over nothing. If you like it, buy it. If not, then don't! Simples. It's bank holiday. Go out. Mix with real people.(I'm in starbucks). Lol. Durango rear traction is perfectly good. It's a tuning aid. That's all. Enjoy your time off.

JohnM
29-08-2011, 03:06 PM
IMO this car has traction issues at the rear carbon flex plates plastic ones adjustable ones get the shocks and roll centres sorted no need for all this flexi stuff. this is my opinon, ive driven rangos and dont like the feel and lack of rear traction compaired to other cars.

stu

I would say you've never driven one that's even remotely well set-up then, I've never had a problem with rear traction on mine on any track type, or conditions, best balanced car I've ever had.

captainlip
29-08-2011, 03:18 PM
I would say you've never driven one that's even remotely well set-up then, I've never had a problem with rear traction on mine on any track type, or conditions, best balanced car I've ever had.

what he said :thumbsup:

discostu
29-08-2011, 05:24 PM

yeah you must be correct i must be a pure novice ive not got a clue. maybe i should just crawl back in the hole a came from im sorry for upsetting all you top notch rango racers.

like i said IN MY OPPION the rango lacks rear traction would some care to lend me one so i can drive a properly set up rango.

stu

Rebelrc
29-08-2011, 05:32 PM
Stu is a top racer! Lol

Adam F
29-08-2011, 05:33 PM
Glad to be in such qualified company.... :drool:

sime46
29-08-2011, 05:41 PM
This is waaaay off topic. Let's just put it to bed. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. Let's wait and see how things perform when tried. I've ordered one. I'll post my thoughts when I've tried it. (if anyone is truly interested).

discostu
29-08-2011, 05:42 PM
Stu is a top racer! Lol

dont your making me blush

Rebelrc
29-08-2011, 05:47 PM
Is this thread being Altered by admin?
Are my posts being deleted?

jkclifford
29-08-2011, 05:51 PM
Is this thread being Altered by admin?
Are my posts being deleted?
snap.

jkclifford
29-08-2011, 05:56 PM
This is waaaay off topic. Let's just put it to bed. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. Let's wait and see how things perform when tried. I've ordered one. I'll post my thoughts when I've tried it. (if anyone is truly interested).
I for one am seriously interested in it. Like I said beautifuly machined, not so impressed with the describe method of adjustment. which has been cleaed up. Now I can see one potentially going on my 410.

discostu
29-08-2011, 06:07 PM
:thumbsup:can i get one too no dought i can make it fit my cat. LOL

stu

andys
29-08-2011, 06:12 PM
I'm getting one, but only because it's shiny.

jkclifford
29-08-2011, 06:23 PM
:thumbsup:can i get one too no dought i can make it fit my cat. LOL

stu
SX3's Have too much clutter as it is.

discostu
29-08-2011, 06:35 PM
yes you maybe right.:thumbsup:

telboy
29-08-2011, 07:01 PM
Adam, I'd suggest changing this description then.
It SOUNDS like you are suggesting changing the bolt torque to increase preload on the bush, when what you are actually intending is to shim the shoulder bolt/bush to get the same effect.
The increase in the bolt tension is misleading and pretty much irrelevant in this application (with a compressed rubber bush underneath it). As has been pointed out.

And i am well aware of the potential for changing chassis response by loosening or tightening screws in plastics, its one of the first "tune ups" for slot racing cars, loosen off the screws holding the shell to the chassis to improve road holding and cornering (allows the chassis to flex freely) even half a turn is enough to make a difference to some cars!

Why change the description?
It doesn't actually mention anything about torque. it just simply mentions altering tension on the screws. which is technically what you're doing when the shims are located.

What can be so difficult about understanding that?

...and you all claim to be mechanical engineers. :eh?:

Tell you what, with some of the parts now being released for the DEX, I wish I'd still got mine! :lol:

bodgit
29-08-2011, 07:24 PM
It doesn't rely on a torque setting at all. The screws have a blank shank on them which simply only allows you to tighten them down a set amount, thus sets the pre-load on the bush. You then adjust this with washers

My understanding of this is as in the quote by Adam above . There is no torque or tension just a load on the rubber bushes adjusted by washers.

Simple idea's are often the best.

jkclifford
29-08-2011, 07:29 PM
It doesn't actually mention anything about torque. it just simply mentions altering tension on the screws. which is technically what you're doing when the shims are located.

Tell you what, with some of the parts now being released for the DEX, I wish I'd still got mine! :lol:
no by adding shims you add pressure to the rubber bush, not tension to the bolt.

bodgit
29-08-2011, 07:32 PM
no by adding shims you add pressure to the rubber bush, not tension to the bolt.

Thats what I said:thumbsup:

Rebelrc
29-08-2011, 07:36 PM
This has been properly edited by admin
You are not adjusting tension on the screws they are just holding the tension
And it is adjusted by washers/shims end of . I think you will find that is what James proposed after it wasn't worded correctly by td. After all they made out that it was adjusted by the screws .
But now everyone is singing from the same hymn sheet what's the problem?
We made this flex brace about 18 months ago but we don't know what we are on about lol
Calm

mattr
29-08-2011, 08:12 PM

...and you all claim to be mechanical engineers. :eh?:I'm perfectly clear on how it works, and "adequately" qualified as a mechanical engineer. I even have letters :woot:

telboy
29-08-2011, 08:17 PM
I have letters too!!!!

.....not good ones though.:eh?:

:woot:

jkclifford
29-08-2011, 08:29 PM

What to you call the rotational force applied to a bolt/ nut to increse the tension on it?

Erm TORQUE!!!!!!!

captainlip
29-08-2011, 08:35 PM
after all this has gone on ive just gone out and bought a small torque wrench that im adapting to fit the screw supplied with the flexsystem.

hopefully I can send it to durango and see if they want to put there name on it as an option part :thumbsup:

bodgit
29-08-2011, 08:43 PM
You,ve wasted your money. If you read the posts there is no torque applied. The rubber grommets are pre-loaded with washers.

Rebelrc
29-08-2011, 08:44 PM
You torque too much lippy lol
You can't post on the td section without one second later a lippy post lol
:thumbsup:Watch below now...... Bam.

captainlip
29-08-2011, 08:45 PM
You,ve wasted your money. If you read the posts there is no torque applied. The rubber grommets are pre-loaded with washers.

hehe! took the bait :thumbsup::lol:

Rebelrc
29-08-2011, 08:49 PM
There you go!
Nostradamus me:)
Your such a member! lol not just of the brca

bodgit
29-08-2011, 08:53 PM
hehe! took the bait :thumbsup::lol:

Your doing it again lippy. Make a tit of yourself and coming out with excuses. You make up for stampy not being with us any more.

telboy
29-08-2011, 08:58 PM
What to you call the rotational force applied to a bolt/ nut to increse the tension on it?

Erm TORQUE!!!!!!!

Never actually said it wasn't.
I was simply talking about the 'description' not the physical forces involved. :)

captainlip
29-08-2011, 09:02 PM
Your doing it again lippy. Make a tit of yourself and coming out with excuses. You make up for stampy not being with us any more.

did you honestly think id bought a mini torque wrench with the intention of TD endorsing it? :eh?::eh?:

jkclifford
29-08-2011, 09:07 PM
Torque aside.

Looking very close at the picture, the are 4 shoulder bolts, 2rubber inserts.
The second hole back allows the flex.

front of the prongs bolted down solid, second hole back soft mounted on rubber. both fixed into the side pod.
So all the flex is inbetween the two fixing points?

jkclifford
29-08-2011, 09:11 PM
just answerd my own question the front isn't fixed tight, it floating. Thickness of the brace is less than the sholder on the bolt .

Rebelrc
29-08-2011, 09:15 PM

Above is the post that got you all going.... :thumbsup:
And if you look at this thread ,1 td described the product wrongly......2 above James says that description is crap and would be beter done his way with shoulder bolts and washers........ 3 then td say this is actually how it works (James's way) and not the way described by them....... 4 then people tell James he doesn't know what he is on about......

Beats me..... Ooples gone mental people rowing over the same cause lol
People taking the piss out of peoples skills and knowledge
Remember just cause you work for or represent an Rc car company or have friends at one doesn't make you god or allways right!

Now can we get back on topic!

So with this brace how many flex options are available ?:)
Rant over

rc_penguin
29-08-2011, 09:21 PM
Haha i like this thread :) My opinion is its a bit pointless, you've got two rear brace options already if you drive a rango... But hey, its shiny and new so people are gonna buy it

coleman758
29-08-2011, 09:34 PM
Haha! This thread is getting funny!

Does it really matter how the flex is controlled!
If you don't want it don't buy it!

But if you do don't forget to get the other new Durango Upgrade!!

TEAM DURANGO MULTI FLEX TORQUE WRENCH

Only available from LIPZBITS!!

There is no point getting a flex brace without one of these or it won't work!

jkclifford
29-08-2011, 09:38 PM
Rebel and I devised a similar system many weeks ago by packing the brace where it attaches to gearbox and use gromets under the side pod bolts, and adjusted it with verniers, measing the gap between brace and side pod.

As penguine said we found the plastic and carbon to be variant enough.

But as it has been pointed out we know jack.

captainlip
29-08-2011, 09:42 PM
Taking pre-orders now for the lipzbitz rango wrench, the only wrench you'll need to adjust your new brace, never be left with unequal torque ever again!!! Free P&P £54.99

Bargain!

Rebelrc
29-08-2011, 09:54 PM
No if it is bull shit it needs to be Schumacher lol

bodgit
30-08-2011, 06:02 AM
One small improvement in my opinion would be the use of just one shimming washer and then small circlips. That would mean you would not have to you undo and retighten the two pre-load bolts to make adjustments, and give you quicker adjustment times.
If its out there I can bodge it.

Rebelrc
30-08-2011, 06:41 AM
I think this td flex system people won't use the screws to adjust it. I think people will buy this kit then use a thread locked stud in to side pods ( on the adjuster bolt ) then use an m3 nyloc nut on top of the rubber and brace then at least then it won't loosen and you can put a little scratch on the Ali brace ( both sides ) then you can count the flats on the nuts for reliable and accurate adjustment. Hope this makes sense?

Or you could also do what I previously suggested with the td new brace
Would have been ace if it had some calibrated print with mm increments.... Would look very bling and grown up. Maybe someone (Ashton) could make up a sticker.
Funny this thread is so anti anybody else thinking other than td
As td was conceived buy an engineer that made his own cars, as he thought he could do better himself!
Yes and I know nothing me.... When I bought one of those cars back in about 2005ish and said it was an amazing car .. Kept banging on about it when most had forgotten td..... I was also told I don't know what I am on about by ooplers
I don't think you allways need to purchase and try stuff first before commenting, that kind of opinion comes from corporate money machines lol
I know you guys don't like me but how many thing have I been correct about? Cat belts etc, 22 motor position and geometry , how good the Durango is etc
Smug got me LOL!

captainlip
30-08-2011, 07:06 AM
Rebel is ok, the problem is your not allowed an opinion on oople :thumbdown:

either way I agree with you, and would never drive anything other than durango, im also aware of the effort and research than goes into these parts so I would have bought one anyway regardless of this thread or not.

people need to chill and bring a bit of humor back on here rather than slating each others knowledge of RC and or their profession.

its a hobby were all here for the same reason so lets have some peace and love :lol:

jkclifford
30-08-2011, 08:21 AM
designers at td did a good job.

Sales and advertising misled the consumer, hence this thread.

If it had been described as it was intended to be used none of these posts would have been posted. Or have to be deleted

t8rtot
30-08-2011, 12:31 PM
Rebel is ok, the problem is your not allowed an opinion on oople :thumbdown:

+1000

Sales and advertising misled the consumer, hence this thread.

so because a toy car part was incorrectly described, in your eyes, it needed a whole thread to bash TD?? :thumbdown:

on a lighter note, did anyone see the TD drivers at the Euros weren't the D-Links. wonder why?

jkclifford
30-08-2011, 01:12 PM
+1000

so because a toy car part was incorrectly described, in your eyes, it needed a whole thread to bash TD?? :thumbdown:

on a lighter note, did anyone see the TD drivers at the Euros weren't the D-Links. wonder why?

No I didn't bash TD. I raised a concern that what was being advertrised, was unusable.
However it turned out the protduct was good th description was poor.

coleman758
30-08-2011, 01:49 PM
+1000

Couldn't have put it better myself,

and @ Jkclifford, Seriously..?? Just move on. Its just down to the wording.

captainlip
30-08-2011, 01:56 PM
Tbh there was a bit of TD thrashing being done, I may have done it in the past when I first got my rango

But now I know alot more about them and the buggy I couldn't sing better praises about them and every product they do! Maybe as a result of all my TD promoting ive been doing the Durango count at bury has gone from 1 to 5!

Just ask stotty and minke for a start!

Anyways let's move on and hope Durango release some more option parts soon!!

Rebelrc
30-08-2011, 04:35 PM
I can't see any td bashing in this thread
Just one confused customer that was told he was wrong! Then it turned out he was right lol everybody was right! Lol
As for bashing td James loves his 410 and has encouraged many to buy one as have I . There must be 30 of them at our club alone
And tartot you say that your not allowed an opinion on here then bash James for having one, and his opinion of how to go about this job of flex was the same as td so he must be as knowledgeable as the td designer.
we are not bashing td at all they are the best Rc car manufacturers as we have always campaigned (with no thanks lol)we just love them and are very passionate about them.... James more than anyone
Can we put this to bed now
Chill and stop trying to fish for a reaction
Cheers guys

fmo
30-08-2011, 06:51 PM
this reminds me of what we raced 1991... superoldschool...

I raced a Yankee 1/8 buggy in the end 80s and early 90s. They came up with the funniest rear constructions you can imagine. But on the very rough tracks in that times it worked quite well (if it did not break...). And it was fully adjustable.

The image is taken from Yankee-rc.com (http://www.yankee-rc.com/e107_plugins/wrap/wrap.php?2)

jkclifford
31-08-2011, 11:06 PM
Actually tried it tonight.

What a truly , magnificent , beautiful looking part.

And an excellent way to spend 1/8 of the original value of the car.

Rebelrc
01-09-2011, 07:19 AM
I think thus whole thread could have been handled better.
If td just said after James posted , hey mate sorry we have worded our description wrong. We will sort it . It works the way you described etc
Instead of arguing with the customer.
I feel really down about this whole Rc car unimportant hobby ( yes I know it's important to the retailers etc ,but me as a customer ) after this thread!
I feel let down by a company I truly believed in.
And let down by oople cause I thought this site was so successful cause it was independent and now that I've witnessed the deleting of posts. In favour of the companies.I've got a nasty feeling now, Dare I say it racechaty.... Which I am really upset that the facts as I read them may have been manipulated . And am worried that I am not now sure they are truly correct.
Help me out oople am I going mad ?
Our posts were definatley been deleted yet I asked a moderator and he said no!
Simply no! Lol
Maybe I am just a little down
Cheers

jimmy
02-09-2011, 11:12 AM
I think thus whole thread could have been handled better.
If td just said after James posted , hey mate sorry we have worded our description wrong. We will sort it . It works the way you described etc
Instead of arguing with the customer.
I feel really down about this whole Rc car unimportant hobby ( yes I know it's important to the retailers etc ,but me as a customer ) after this thread!
I feel let down by a company I truly believed in.
And let down by oople cause I thought this site was so successful cause it was independent and now that I've witnessed the deleting of posts. In favour of the companies.I've got a nasty feeling now, Dare I say it racechaty.... Which I am really upset that the facts as I read them may have been manipulated . And am worried that I am not now sure they are truly correct.
Help me out oople am I going mad ?
Our posts were definatley been deleted yet I asked a moderator and he said no!
Simply no! Lol
Maybe I am just a little down
Cheers

Yes you're mad

I just had a look at what was 'deleted' (it wasn't, someone moved it) and its an argument between about 3 people. Some moderators might take a heavy handed approach when they see lots of crap being talked, nothing to do with oOple - try posting crap in your local club section and see if the moderator in there likes it?
Now try it in another club forum?
Moderators are all different - they are at the end of the day YOU. I rarely delete posts - I sometimes edit posts where people have sworn or insulted people.

Anyway, the posts that were moved look either like arguments or genuine posts which were 'caught up' in the mass moving. Not my idea but I'll suggest the mod in question goes a bit easier in future.

jimmy
02-09-2011, 11:19 AM
I tried to find a photo of this brace from 2009 but I can't find it. It was obviously a bit different back then, but some of the German guys were running this flex brace at the 2009 Euros

bodgit
02-09-2011, 12:12 PM
Was this it from http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/euros2009/day5/
http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/euros2009/day5/OOP_4264.jpg

jimmy
02-09-2011, 12:27 PM
Thats it!
I had a look for a close up - I know I took some but I guess I didn't publish them?