PDA

View Full Version : Reverse rebound

jaffacake
28-08-2011, 05:12 PM
This really is turning out to be the rc build from hell!!
New problem...built the shocks, filled with oil,set the rebound with the 4mm of spacers as per tip on the Durango site, when i pull the shaft out of the shock body fully it wants to travel back up into the body,i have the oil domed at the top of the body when i screw the cap on & im letting the shocks stand for the air bubbles to disapate
There is a comment on the Durango site describing exactly this problem but no answer to it
I have tried & tried again but cant get it right, built many 1/10th & 1/8th shocks,never come across this before..HELP!

captainlip
28-08-2011, 05:25 PM
when youve screwed the caps on are you sure you had the shaft pulled out? :confused:

have you tried to remove the bleeder screw to release any pressure?

coleman758
28-08-2011, 06:03 PM
It will to that initially, Move the shaft in and out a few times. Then test the rebound again.

Big G
28-08-2011, 06:55 PM
all mine do this. I've never thought anymore of it.

The way I build my shocks is:
to put the piston half in.
fill the shock up.
pull the piston down.
fill up 90%. move the piston up and down a couple of times to remove bubbles and top up to 105% so there's a big dome on top. don't let the piston break the oil surface obviously
remove the screw in the cap and fit it to the shock.
slowly push in the shock and watch the oil come out the hole.
When the shock is all the way compressed pop the tiny screw in.

zero rebound and it pulls back in ever so slightly when pulled out. never get any bubbles this way. if you aren't running boots on the shocks remember to fit the little rubber 'washer' as per manual :)

RC John
29-08-2011, 03:25 PM
This is normal, don't worry about it.