PDA

View Full Version : Painty people help!

ashleyb4
03-02-2008, 07:38 PM
Hi all im after some help

Ive sprayed my micro t shell over the weekend and for some odd reason it has gone white in some places mainly on corners here is a picture

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/381/paintyk2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

And i cant think why it has done it iused Fastrax Fast Finish Stratos Blue I shook well before use and i put it in my back pocket for half na hour ot walm it up and i cant understnad why it has gone funny. anyone help. I showed it tojimmy today and he wasnt sure just thought maybe one of the ohter painters could help. I washed the shell out with walm water then dryed it off with some kitchen roll before painting.

Webcam pics yay.

A

Chris Harte
03-02-2008, 07:41 PM
Have you tried rubbing over where the white bits are on the outside. It could be over spray. I know it happens with fluorescent colours. Other then that I have no idea as I don't paint regularly.

werner1619
03-02-2008, 07:49 PM
Weird.......?

clunk
03-02-2008, 08:15 PM
looks like its actually on the overspray film. did you have the shell resting on something whilst you sprayed it?
does it look even on the inside,or is it slightly transparent on the edges?

ashleyb4
03-02-2008, 08:34 PM
it was on a square of card on the inside there is a bld up of paint where the white bits are its defenty not the overspray film.

A

clunk
03-02-2008, 08:38 PM
let it all completely dry 3-5days, lightly sand down and respray. just take your time whilst sanding down,and use VERY fine sand paper.

DCM
03-02-2008, 09:06 PM
looks like there was a reaction in the corners.... was the shell fully washed, if so, was it fully rinsed to get the deterget off?

I have no experience of those horrible paints.

jimmy
03-02-2008, 09:17 PM
The paint doesn't look good to me ash, I looked at it in the flesh (so people know) and it looked chalky and 'odd'. I've never used that paint before but if you are going to use aerosol get the best stuff, Tamiya. Pactra is also good. But I'd not use ANYTHING else personally (apart from the chromes which I hear are good)

ashleyb4
03-02-2008, 09:26 PM
I normally use tamiya and ive always used tamiya before but my LHS changed supplier and now only do the paint for like mardave which as a lacre in it so this is all they had so this is what i got i was told by a friend who works there that me used it on his shells and it was good. Ill get a sheet of polycarb from school tommorow and paint a patch see what happens.

A

jonmiller
03-02-2008, 09:29 PM
strange.
if you washed well it cant be any release agents left over in the shell. layin the paint on too thick wouldnt do that...sod know

like jimmy said, try some tamiya or something instead.
strip it with some brake fluid, wash well and repaint it.

:confused:

DCM
03-02-2008, 09:33 PM
if you have used paint designed for spraying ABS shells, then you have had the reaction you have had cause of it.

ashleyb4
03-02-2008, 09:36 PM
No i didnt use the paint for ABS shells i was just sayign they only had the tamiya stuff for ABS shells no tmiaya paint for lexan

A

jimmy
03-02-2008, 11:36 PM
This is a lesson to keep shopping till you find the good stuff :thumbsup: I've used a few different cans before I picked up the airbrush, and some were bloody crap - mentioning no names :lol:

ashleyb4
03-02-2008, 11:37 PM
lol jimmy :) :p

A