PDA

View Full Version : SILVERSTONE

rc ninja setup
30-08-2011, 08:56 AM
Is there going to be a shop or some where we can get wheels and tyres on the day.

Alan - South West RC
30-08-2011, 10:32 AM
South West RC will be there and we will have wheels and tyres available. If there is anything in particular you need on the day then please send us an email on info@southwestrc.co.uk or take a look at www.southwestrc.co.uk (http://www.southwestrc.co.uk) and you can place orders for collection on either day.

Alan

rc ninja setup
31-08-2011, 08:02 AM
Is there a ballistic tyre that is the same as the turf rippers (pinks)?

InsideLineModels
31-08-2011, 09:37 AM
The best ballistic tyre to use round Silverstone in the wet or the dry will be the green compound spike.

We'll have plenty with us if you should need some, or you can order in advance and collect there. I'll be there Friday evening.

Kev

Skye
31-08-2011, 11:13 AM
I dont know whether you have raced at Silverstone before so apologies in advance if you have....

But - Silverstone astro is incredibly grippy, more than your average astro surface. I am only a novice, having only competed at half a dozen club meetings and only at 4 different tracks but of those 4 then Silverstone has extremely high grip levels in dry conditions.

I find that in order to not have too much grip at Silverstone then mini spikes which are almost bald are the best way to go.

When I was at Stotfold a few weeks back talking to someone a lot more experienced than me he said that once his tyres are too worn for Stotfold and lacking in grip, then they are about perfect for Silverstone and I would have to say that my early impressions would be that he is right....

Just something for you to consider if you havent raced there before, and if you have then just ignore me.... :thumbsup:

cmgreen
31-08-2011, 11:24 AM
Control tyre is the fastrax turf ripper or the ballistics i believe.

I Got some fastrax turf ripper ones in advance of the meeting, there like a blue sch mini spike, so should be good if the weather is dry. (well fingers crossed any way!)