PDA

View Full Version : NORA during September 2011

Mr Eccleston
02-09-2011, 11:30 AM
If anyone fancies some outdoor racing this weekend (assuming your not going to F2's or Vet's) or 11th and 25th, we are still racing outdoors.

Weather forecast for this Sunday is dry, sorry my crystal ball doesn't stretch as far the the 11th or 25th.

We are normally at the track from 11:30am, with heat 1 on the line for 1pm, packed up and away for about 4:30pm.

Everyone welcome with either nitro or electric 1/10th scale off road.

Just to mention, the access road is shown as closed due to roadworks, we used the East access from Kirkcaldy and you get straight to the forest track no problem. There may be access from the West (Lochgelly) as well, but you may find various traffic lights, safest option is to use the East entrance.

bigchris
02-09-2011, 04:28 PM
i'd love to come and race , need a weekend off of the rc lol , have fune anyone who goes its well worth it!

Mr Eccleston
04-09-2011, 05:03 PM
Added the 18th as a practice meeting for those that are interested. Usual start time of 1pm.

Mr Eccleston
04-09-2011, 08:05 PM
Fingers x'd we might be able to open another part of the track in the next week or two. It will be grass to start with, but hopefully get some astro turf down soon.

Dave77
06-09-2011, 06:23 PM
I am down for the airshowon saturday so will throw the buggy in the boot and come along as long as the weather forecast is not to be believed.

David
Ps, i have a heap of new in packet b44 spares like wishbones etc if anyone wants some cheap so i dont have to put them up on the net for sale.

Cheers

Dave77
08-09-2011, 12:26 PM
Just a quick question for the club members at NORA.

Whats the situation with power? Is it possible for non-member visitors to get access to mains power for charging batteries for a "club donation"? (Or can I join the club on the day and get access to mains power?)

For smaller club meets it could be a good way of generating some extra income? but understand at bigger meets cant be accomodated due to the club member numbers.

Just a thought as I dont want to buy a leisure battery when most of my racing is at Stoney (and dont want to risk flattening my cars battery).

Cheers.

msxmre
08-09-2011, 12:28 PM
Hi Dave i think you can get into NORA's power if you pay an extra £1 when booking in.

Mr Eccleston
08-09-2011, 01:07 PM
Dave

If you want to pit outside in your own gazebo etc, you can tap into our power for £1 per person. If you want to use the indoor pits and power we charge £5 per ad hoc meeting (assuming we have space available), obviously it's better value if you join the club and have it available all year.

Dave77
08-09-2011, 03:37 PM
Nice one, thanks guys.

See you Sunday 1130 ish.:D

jason-l
08-09-2011, 06:32 PM
First post...

I'll be there Sunday too, and also hoping for a mains socket. Be my first ever meet and circuit drive of my buggy. So easily recognisable as the one going slowly!

See you there :)

Jason

Dave77
12-09-2011, 11:47 AM
First post...

I'll be there Sunday too, and also hoping for a mains socket. Be my first ever meet and circuit drive of my buggy. So easily recognisable as the one going slowly!

See you there :)

Jason

You were not going that slowly as far as I could tell. Great driving for first meeting.

My car is currently sitting in the airing cupboard drying out ready to strip and rebuild.

Really liked the track, only bit I didnt like was the straight, it felt narrow (even though it wasnt) and the triple in front of the rostrum, really frustrating to have to roll all three in the 2wd. The tabletops etc on the rest of the track were really good I really liked them, and the grass ruts were not too bad to be honest, manageable.

Otherwise a great place to have for Scotland.