PDA

View Full Version : Petit 2012 14/15 Jan

Pages : 1 [2]

kbrunsden
22-12-2011, 12:31 PM
Nano bytes should be available from next week or will be available on the day

andy110m
22-12-2011, 12:51 PM
To be honest I think just saying you can buy them on the day is a bit crap.

Infact no, its a lot crap. I don't want to have get to the venue find the person selling the tyres, probably have to queue up if all the people at teh event want to buy tyres, then to sit and start gluing tyres up and messing around with them.

I'd much rather buy tyres from my local model shop, sit and glue them up in my own time and turn up having run them knowing what to expect. I mean how fair is it to have a controlled tyre that only a few team drivers have used.

And what happens if they don't bring enough and they run out, can I run whatever I want as its not my fault. I think if 140 ish people all want 2 sets for 2 and 4 wheel drive thats somewhere near 600 pairs of rears alone!

As tyres are the most important part of a cars set up this is becoming a joke. What inserts are best? How many rows of spikes do we cut off, if any? which run will be the best. For me, I know the answers to these questions for schuy tyres. If I have to spend time working this out for these new tyres this event is going to be about the tyres and not about the racing.:(

Neil Skull
22-12-2011, 01:40 PM
There was few negatives last year, However!!!
I loved the food.
I loved the track especially the spine jump. I guess some peeps without the skills found it tough?:p
I loved the Hupo Big air.
I loved seeing all the top guys racing.

I think Petit is a great event And Nicolas should be commended for bringing so many great drivers from around the world to race together.

I think Nicolas will find it hard to justify bringing the event to the uk again after all the negativity and problems this year.
That would be a shame to lose a top event.:yawn:

mattybucks
22-12-2011, 01:59 PM
I loved the food.
I loved the track especially the spine jump. I guess some peeps without the skills found it tough?:p

I think Petit is a great event And Nicolas should be commended for bringing so many great drivers from around the world to race together.

I think Nicolas will find it hard to justify bringing the event to the uk again after all the negativity and problems this year.

Agreed Neil, I think Nicolas' only downfall was that he relies on other people to arrange the venues, and run the meetings which has possibly caused the majority of controversy this year.

racingdwarf
22-12-2011, 02:09 PM
No offense intended RD

no worrys chap,non taken:D.

mekios
22-12-2011, 02:18 PM
To be honest I think just saying you can buy them on the day is a bit crap.

Infact no, its a lot crap. I don't want to have get to the venue find the person selling the tyres, probably have to queue up if all the people at teh event want to buy tyres, then to sit and start gluing tyres up and messing around with them.

I'd much rather buy tyres from my local model shop, sit and glue them up in my own time and turn up having run them knowing what to expect. I mean how fair is it to have a controlled tyre that only a few team drivers have used.

And what happens if they don't bring enough and they run out, can I run whatever I want as its not my fault. I think if 140 ish people all want 2 sets for 2 and 4 wheel drive thats somewhere near 600 pairs of rears alone!

As tyres are the most important part of a cars set up this is becoming a joke. What inserts are best? How many rows of spikes do we cut off, if any? which run will be the best. For me, I know the answers to these questions for schuy tyres. If I have to spend time working this out for these new tyres this event is going to be about the tyres and not about the racing.:(

That makes me and others, coming from Greece or other countries and not familiar with carpet or schumacher tires a little more "equal" to you. Think it this way :)

JCJC
22-12-2011, 02:20 PM
Agreed Neil, I think Nicolas' only downfall was that he relies on other people to arrange the venues, and run the meetings which has possibly caused the majority of controversy this year.

Its MotoArena collapsing in the way it did that has been of little help to anyone.

maalcari
22-12-2011, 03:15 PM
Hi, from Portugal. 2012 will be my first year @ Petit RC and i´m looking forward to attend a race in UK for the first time.

I can use this post to announce that UMDEZ and RCmag from Portugal will be officials partners of Petit RC for the coverage (photo and video) of the event.

You can see more info about this project in http://petitrc.umdez.com

Almost 20 portuguese will be at Ardent Raceway :)

Neil Skull
23-12-2011, 07:54 AM
Its MotoArena collapsing in the way it did that has been of little help to anyone.

Yes I agree, It has lead to some decisions that not everyone has agreed with.
I know the guys from Silverstone, Moto Arena,Ardent and Nicolas, These guys have been trying to do whats right for the event but its not always possible to get it all right and keep everyone happy with these circumstances.

There are things i dont agree with but i guess its tough to keep everyone happy when things go wrong.

Good luck to anyone going to the event's i hope you enjoy as a lot of effort has been put in by both camps.

Neil Skull
23-12-2011, 07:57 AM
That makes me and others, coming from Greece or other countries and not familiar with carpet or schumacher tires a little more "equal" to you. Think it this way :)

Yes it does, But only if you can get the tires!!!!

The Chef
24-12-2011, 02:36 PM
Just to clarify that it is any D boot tyre? If so I think it is great I love using them already.:thumbsup:

Steve.T
24-12-2011, 02:58 PM
I loved the food.

Neil, the jump was fine but the position was not. If you were in the right position on the rostrum you could spot the landing. If you weren't then it was pot luck

The Chef
26-12-2011, 11:53 AM
Will there be a shop and does anyone know if they stock Kyosho And Durango? Also will there be plenty of Dboots on sale or do I need to stock up before I come? Advice please.

Chris-S
26-12-2011, 02:30 PM
http://www.petitrc.com/_forumphp/showpost.php?p=461093&postcount=12

The Chef
26-12-2011, 07:24 PM
http://www.petitrc.com/_forumphp/showpost.php?p=461093&postcount=12

Thank you. I hope they have good stock. I was thinking of running multi bytes on the front of the 4wd.

The Chef
26-12-2011, 07:27 PM
What will people be running on the front of there 2wd?

Chris-S
26-12-2011, 07:35 PM
What will people be running on the front of there 2wd?

Blockpass:thumbsup:

The Chef
26-12-2011, 07:56 PM
Blockpass:thumbsup:

???:confused: you mean the multi-bytes with the outer's cut off?

Chris-S
26-12-2011, 08:15 PM
http://www.dboots.com/graphics/product-banners-set-2/Latest_Banner_2.jpg

The Chef
26-12-2011, 08:18 PM
OOOOH hope they are out super soon:thumbsup:

Any ideas when?

James
27-12-2011, 10:02 AM
Could these points be confirmed please:

Practice from 1pm on the friday at a charge of £5 ?

FTD Qualifying

All Dboots tyres will be available at the venue on the friday morning - What will we actually want? Nanobytes F + R for 4wd , Rear for 2wd but what for 2wd front - Nanobyte slim or Blockpass? Is it just one compound? What inserts do we need?

Thankyou!

arny
27-12-2011, 03:52 PM
If anyone wants to buy the oficial DVD with event coverage, interviews for all countries, pro interviews and all the after race fun, a pre-order price of 12,5Eur is available until the first week of January. Shipping included.

http://petitrc.umdez.com/loja

http://petitrc.umdez.com/cache/rokquickcart/shelf/images/rokquickcart/dvd-cover.jpg

racingdwarf
27-12-2011, 10:40 PM
LOL can't get tyres,but at least you can order the DVD! :lol::lol:

NitroArgi
28-12-2011, 07:35 AM
Hello all,

I was wondering if there is a way to reserve some tyres for the race...we are coming from Greece late Friday night so we will miss practise but I would hate to find that there are no tyres left on Saturday morning!

super__dan
28-12-2011, 08:41 AM
Could these points be confirmed please:

Practice from 1pm on the friday at a charge of £5 ?

FTD Qualifying

All Dboots tyres will be available at the venue on the friday morning - What will we actually want? Nanobytes F + R for 4wd , Rear for 2wd but what for 2wd front - Nanobyte slim or Blockpass? Is it just one compound? What inserts do we need?

Thankyou!

Couple of questions from me too.

Will the Friday practice be on the track layout for the Saturday or different? What time will Friday practice finish?

If there is any likely limitation on tyre numbers will you restrict numbers and compound type sales to ensure it's fair for everyone?

The Chef
28-12-2011, 06:32 PM
Couple of questions from me too.

Will the Friday practice be on the track layout for the Saturday or different? What time will Friday practice finish?

If there is any likely limitation on tyre numbers will you restrict numbers and compound type sales to ensure it's fair for everyone?

Would like to know the answer to above and also will blockpass tyres be available?

Adam Skelding
28-12-2011, 07:25 PM
There's no limitation on tyre numbers.
You'll be wanting to run nano bytes all round even on 2wd.
The tyres have been developed for each class to be a perfect compliment to each other.
Block pass are really for outdoor.

The Chef
28-12-2011, 07:38 PM
Thank you Adam, Can you tell me who has some stock of these? No one seems to have any sensible stock levels? I can't find nano-bytes any where. I'm a little concerned that my Vega will turn up it's own gearbox with pins on the front although I stand to be proved wrong.

Smartalec
28-12-2011, 07:59 PM
Adam I think there are two main concerns here, the first being will these tyres be available in the numbers required and secondly it's a bit annoying that some of the team drivers have had these tyres for a while (allegedly) and thus have an advantage.

I also fully understand that they had to be tested to see if they actually work :)

The Chef
28-12-2011, 08:09 PM
Just to know that there will be enough for every one and or some where that we can get them before so we can get them glued up. Seems a bit ambitious to expect 120 drivers to arrive, purchase and glue tyres in the morning.

Also will there be live bbk timing on wifi like there was at the MKGP?

Hulk
28-12-2011, 08:20 PM
Adam I think there are two main concerns here, the first being will these tyres be available in the numbers required and secondly it's a bit annoying that some of the team drivers have had these tyres for a while (allegedly) and thus have an advantage.

I also fully understand that they had to be tested to see if they actually work :)

Im sure the tyres will be available in the numbers required.

These tyres have only been used a few times by team drivers to make sure they were suitable for the event, and i can confirm they're really good. Someone had to test them otherwise how many complaints would there be if they hadnt been tested and they were pants on the day. (which they're not of course).

You dont really have needed to use the tyres before the event, tyres either work or they dont. Ive not had to make any set up changes to my car going from schumacher minipins to nanobytes, just put them on and your good to go.

NitroArgi
28-12-2011, 08:41 PM
What about inserts? Which ones did you used?

Hulk
28-12-2011, 09:00 PM
Standard schumacher ones.

Just use whatever inserts you usually use when running schumacher minipins.

If you wanna calm the front end down then use a bigger insert in the front.

I nearly always use the same insert no matter what tyre i run. Guess its down to personal preference.

NitroArgi
28-12-2011, 09:11 PM
Ruuning most of the time on dirt I have never used schumacher minipins.

I normally use stock Proline foam insert or close cell from AKA or Proline.

I quess that close insert is not ideal for carpet racing...this will my first race ever on this surface!

Richard Lowe
28-12-2011, 11:39 PM
Any insert designed for dirt tyres is a big no no with carpet/astro style tyres as they are generally way too firm.

With dirt tyres the insert provides a lot of the support and shape of the carcass as the rubber is so soft. With carpet tyres the sidewalls are much stiffer and can generally support themselves pretty well, the inserts are only really there to keep the tyre up in the middle. With the firmer tyres inserts are also much less critical to get right, in general as long as they're 'close enough' you'll be fine :)

bally
29-12-2011, 12:29 AM
Hi all as the on site shop at Ardent Raceway we will have plenty of tyres available for the Petit Race, once the meeting is over these will then go on sale in the shops.

We intend to have parts for all popular chassis as well as a large range of wheels and inserts etc.

Regards
MB

mekios
29-12-2011, 03:35 PM
From the petitrc forum:

Some news about tyres:

The new Nanobyte tyres will be available at the track on the Friday, Saturday and Sunday. They are arriving in the UK this week. We will NOT sell any to anyone prior to the race. This means that all pilots at the Petitrc race will have the same chance to run the tyres. No-one will have an advantage by being able to run the tyres before the race. This is a true controlled tyre!

The tyres will be shipped direct to the race on the Friday, and will be available from the on-site shop (MB Models) that Friday.

We will have the following tyres & prices available at the track:-

DB1013RA dBoots 1/10 NanoByte(A) - RRP = £7.75 (approx 9.30€)*
DB10134A dBoots1/10 NanoByte(A) – RRP = £7.25 (approx 8,60€)*
DB10132A dBoots1/10 NanoByte(A) – RRP = £6.75 (approx 8€)*
DBSC13AA dBoots 1/10 NanoByte (A) – RRP = TBC (hopefully by the end of today)

£1 = 1,19€ (29/12/2011)

I remind you that you can use ANY Dboots compounds. The Nanobytes are just recommended (because they are better on carpet than others Dboots)

The Chef
29-12-2011, 06:55 PM
If one can use any Dboot tyre surly the nano-byte is not truly the control tyre. Is a control tyre not an in-forced one for all?

mark christopher
29-12-2011, 07:59 PM
Will there be a shop and does anyone know if they stock Kyosho And Durango? Also will there be plenty of Dboots on sale or do I need to stock up before I come? Advice please.
bally (mbmodels) holds on of the largest if not the largest stock of durango parts, knowing mr b he will have other makes covered well too :thumbsup:

The Chef
29-12-2011, 08:07 PM
bally (mbmodels) holds on of the largest if not the largest stock of durango parts, knowing mr b he will have other makes covered well too :thumbsup:

Thank you, I was under the misconception that it was RC disco as the shop for some reason:o I have been buying my durango bits from MB recently:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Steve W
31-12-2011, 01:31 PM
From the petitrc forum:

I know this has been covered but I have heard different things.

On 2wd cars do you have to use DBoot tyres on the front wheels, or just the driven wheels?

I believe it's all wheels, driven or not?:eh?:

Please confirm as on the Petite web site it just states Dboots to be used so I am assuming on all wheels...???

Steve W
31-12-2011, 01:39 PM
What time will practise finish on the Friday?

arny
31-12-2011, 02:19 PM
Dboots in all wheels...

Steve W
31-12-2011, 02:29 PM
Dboots in all wheels...

Thanks for confirming

racingdwarf
31-12-2011, 02:29 PM
WOW they better keep the doors open saturday morning, Your all going to be high as kites with the amount of tyre glueing going on in the 1st hour:lol:

RudeTony
31-12-2011, 05:12 PM
Why is there so many drivers still listed as attending when they are clearly not going?
Also we, 'RudeBits' have been deleted as sponsors or 'partners' with no contact at all.
All very similar to the Silverstone Club scenario !!

Strange affairs in my opinion.

Nicolas you really need to clear up some issue here my friend

Steve W
02-01-2012, 06:47 PM
Dboots in all wheels...

THE FOLLOWING WAS JUST TAKEN FROM THE DBOOTS WEBSITE...!!!!
The Petit RC Race for 2012 will be held at Ardent Raceway for the second year running, over the weekend of 14th & 15th January 2012.* dBoots are pleased to announce our new ‘nanobyte’ tyres have been chosen as the control tyre (driven axles only) :confused::confused::confused: for the event.

Tyres will also be available at the event should you need to buy some.

Check the PetitRC website for more details and to sign up for the event:* http://race.petitrc.com/

So is it driven wheels only or all wheels, the 2 website PETITE and DBOOTS seem to contradict each other?:confused:

Some official clarification would be much appreciated:o

burgie
02-01-2012, 08:24 PM
Are there any places left for this race?

Dudders
02-01-2012, 08:25 PM
I'd expect so as 50% of the people on the official appear not to be going anymore due to the venue change.

No idea how many booked it, I'm sure it will be busy though.

racingdwarf
02-01-2012, 08:33 PM

I should think so,:lol:

burgie
02-01-2012, 09:10 PM
Clearly I need to read the entire thread...

JCJC
02-01-2012, 09:20 PM

last booking in date 15th December
( http://www.petitrc.com/_forumphp/showthread.php?t=60664 )

but may be worth asking Nicolas webmaster@petitrc.com or contacting Ardent ?

good luck

Wacker 2
03-01-2012, 01:08 AM
how do I go about paying for this event... I've booked in and put down payment method as 'bank transfer' as I dont have paypal nor do I intend to set up a paypal account.

How do I do the bank transfer... dont I need to know the recipitants bank details in order to transfer funds??? where can I get these from???

Can somebody confirm exactly how much it is to race... I'm only gonna be racing on the saturday under the 2wd class.

Thanks, Jon. :thumbsup:

The Chef
03-01-2012, 01:16 AM
Nicolas you really need to clear up some issue here my friend

Yes it would be nice to have some official clarification both on tyres and the other bits people are asking about.

Also is it timed practice on friday?

ravens
03-01-2012, 01:34 AM
how do I go about paying for this event... I've booked in and put down payment method as 'bank transfer' as I dont have paypal nor do I intend to set up a paypal account.

How do I do the bank transfer... dont I need to know the recipitants bank details in order to transfer funds??? where can I get these from???

Can somebody confirm exactly how much it is to race... I'm only gonna be racing on the saturday under the 2wd class.

Thanks, Jon. :thumbsup:

Entrys should be closed by 17th December as per this link-> http://www.petitrc.com/prcrace2012/rules.php
But you may want to email Nicolas,contact on same link

Jordy
03-01-2012, 09:17 PM
Just seen this on Petit RC site:

!!! Warning!!!

Citation:
1 mistake has been written on dboots website!
As written since the beginning the right info is dboots tyres must be used on all axles, including non-driven axles.

dboots will amend the wording on the dboots website immediately.

Dudders
03-01-2012, 09:23 PM
If they are sponsoring it's only right they want their tyres on all axles, like the MK GP was Fastrax front and rear and Area 51 is Schumacher all round.

The Chef
03-01-2012, 09:40 PM
If they are sponsoring it's only right they want their tyres on all axles, like the MK GP was Fastrax front and rear and Area 51 is Schumacher all round.

If they want the tyres all round surly they need to make a 2wd that works, like the block pass or similar. The fast trax were rather poor hence you dropped them, I was hoping they had seen sense and allowed schumacher fronts.

Dudders
03-01-2012, 09:44 PM
If they want the tyres all round surly they need to make a 2wd that works, like the block pass or similar. The fast trax were rather poor hence you dropped them, I was hoping they had seen sense and allowed schumacher fronts.

Made me chuckle that did :thumbsup:

Fastrax are great on Grass as per last years Fastrax GP proved but they would not have been good on the carpet for the GP.

Do the fronts not work then :confused:

andy110m
03-01-2012, 10:27 PM
This whole event is becoming a joke because of tyres! I called MB Models today, they are a great shop and are going to be supporting the event but they are not allowed by RC disco to get the tyres yet. They can only collect them on the Thursday before the event and restricted to selling 2 sets to each driver per class on the morning of the event.

Now the latter I think is good because it stops team guys running a new set per run and I don't want more than 2 sets anyway but the former, in terms of time scale, its going to be madness. Arrive, get set up, booked in, buy tyres, get them glued and dry for practice. Wow! I hope it turns out fine in the end but this has slap dash written all over it.

I have no problem with using dBoots tyres but why didn't they make it 2 sets of something we can buy, test and have ready. We could turn up relaxed, having an idea of what to expect from the car ready to race, Lovely.

I'll make a prediction now, it'll be a Durango team driver that wins. I wonder why that'll be!

The Chef
03-01-2012, 11:10 PM
Made me chuckle that did :thumbsup:

Fastrax are great on Grass as per last years Fastrax GP proved but they would not have been good on the carpet for the GP.

Do the fronts not work then :confused:

With pins on the front my vega will turn up it's own ass. Saying you can only have two sets is a bit odd especially considering you can run any D boot so you could have as many sets as you wish. This is turning farcical at a huge rate of knots. My Durango eats tyres.

Dudders
03-01-2012, 11:12 PM
I'm not going so won't say too much but to limit two sets is very odd. Are they going to tag the sets they give out so people only use two sets? What's to stop you buying others before hand and keeping them in your car etc?

Odd. Coming Thursday night?

The Chef
03-01-2012, 11:26 PM
It would appear that it is only the nano-byte that is limited, you can buy and run as many sets of other Dboot tyre's as you like which is odd, Surly a control tyre is a tyre that is set in stone. It is a bit wishy washy, to say the least. I think some things need to be clarified, is it 100% that you can run any dboot or will we turn up with other Dboots and then be told we can't run them, I don't think 2 sets will last on my Durango it destroys tyres.

If some aficionado could shed some light that would be great.

racingdwarf
04-01-2012, 12:45 AM
This gets better the closer to the event we get:lol:

I did the event last year, the thought of driving there,getting in,sorting pit spot and gluing at least 1x full set of tyres before practice:woot:, and thats without joining the line and waiting to collect and pay for tyres, I hope for MB's sake they run a real slick operation in the morning as 120ish drivers all heading for the shop at one time, PDQ machine better be working faster than last year:D

should have taken a page from proline events if you run a control tyre, collect tyres at booking in!

Also what the hell is the point of not releasing the tyres before the event, if its Dboots tyres who cares were you get them from in the uk, they are going to have come from RC disco, dboots arn't loosing out?

shambles,from someone who was on the ball enough to change the cancelation date when he recognised entrants had the opertunity to run at another large event on the same day:yawn: this may be a top event for top drivers...but the rest who pay for it seem to be treated like cattle

Richard Lowe
04-01-2012, 01:11 AM
It is getting a bit dumb now, if we only have 2 sets per car that's got to last through the open practice day too or are we getting them Saturday morning? Doesn't give much chance to get to know how the tyres work with the surface, hmm :thumbdown:

You never know though one set might do all of practice and the entire meeting given the crazy grip levels last year - then we'll all be moaning about having lots of tyres left over :lol:

sime46
04-01-2012, 07:52 AM
I starting to wish I hadn't bothered with this one. The tyre situation is bizarre.

andy110m
04-01-2012, 08:00 AM
Be nice to see something from the organisers on here. I'm fairly sure he must be checking forums. Also be nice to have an updated driver list.

Bally told me it'll be limited to max 2 set per car. So Rich, yes they'll have to do practice day and race day. And thats if he's allowed to sell them on Friday. I might be wrong but the impression I got was they'll go on sale on Saturday morning.

The interesting thing I have been thinking is the Nanobytes are only in the harder A compound. Would the B compound terrobyte tyre be better. I know thats not a bad carpet tyre. I've been thinking would I prefer a yellow mini spike to a blue mini pin? Thats effectively the choice. Then we could turn up prepared and not take part in the tyre farce.

RudeTony
04-01-2012, 08:52 AM
Any chance of an entry list?
Or at least how many in each class?

JCJC
04-01-2012, 09:28 AM
From Petitrc (http://www.petitrc.com/_forumphp/showthread.php?t=60664),
'Hi Cham and all,

We recommend the A compound NanoByte tyres for the PetitRC race. Any dBoots tyre in any compound can be used, but the A compound NanoByte tyre is the fastest.

Inserts will NOT be included with the tyres. Racers can use any insert. Of course, no additives will be allowed.

The tyres have arrived in the UK. They will be on sale on Friday 13th at Ardent raceway, and throughout the weekend from the on-site shop at Ardent raceway.

This is the first time the tyres will be commercially available.'

hope this helps

Smartalec
04-01-2012, 09:39 AM
Any chance of an entry list?
Or at least how many in each class?

I'm sure there will be a space for you on both days if you fancy a late entry mate :lol::wub

Steve W
04-01-2012, 09:40 AM
It has been confirmed the tyres can be purchased on site on the Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

The track will be open for practise on the Friday from 1.00pm till 9.00pm.

The practise track will not be the same as the final layout for the Saturday and Sunday.

For practise and race any Dboots tyres can be used.

bally
04-01-2012, 09:59 AM
Hi all,

I have now had it confirmed there will be another delivery before the race so there will be plenty of tyres available and quantities will not be limited!

Hopefully this is good news for everyone.

The Nanobyte will not be released for sale until the Friday and will be available from us at Ardent.

Thanks
MB

Steve W
04-01-2012, 10:10 AM
Hi all,

I have now had it confirmed there will be another delivery before the race so there will be plenty of tyres available and quantities will not be limited!

Hopefully this is good news for everyone.

The Nanobyte will not be released for sale until the Friday and will be available from us at Ardent.

Thanks
MB

Hi Bally
Is there any chance the Blockpass tyres will be available also?

Hulk
04-01-2012, 10:34 AM
Hi Bally

From my understanding the Blockpass tyres will not be available for this event, they are mainly designed for outdoors.

The tyres situation has now been cleared up. Most people will turn up at different times during the day on Friday, so I really can't see there been a mad rush to glue up your tyres.

Lets just look forward to the event now!! :thumbsup:

bally
04-01-2012, 11:51 AM
From my understanding the Blockpass tyres will not be available for this event, they are mainly designed for outdoors.

The tyres situation has now been cleared up. Most people will turn up at different times during the day on Friday, so I really can't see there been a mad rush to glue up your tyres.

Lets just look forward to the event now!! :thumbsup:

Just had it confirmed Blockpass will NOT be available at the race.

Steve W
04-01-2012, 03:36 PM
Just had it confirmed Blockpass will NOT be available at the race.

Thanks for confirming.

I'm sure we can trim the front Nanos to lose some grip on the front if needed.

Really looking forward to this event, just over a week to go now:thumbsup:.

James
04-01-2012, 04:24 PM
Me too, i know the run-up has hardly been smooth but there will still be some good racing and it will be good to see some of my European friends there! :thumbsup:

The Chef
04-01-2012, 06:14 PM
Me too, i know the run-up has hardly been smooth but there will still be some good racing and it will be good to see some of my European friends there! :thumbsup:

I do agree but I think it will be a top weekend racing.:woot:

stumpiey
04-01-2012, 07:08 PM
im very much looking forward to this, i like others would have liked the chance to run the tyres before the event, but everyone is in the same boat (well sort of)

Col
04-01-2012, 09:32 PM
Hi Bally

According to Mr Petit it does not matter if the tyres are mainly for outdoor use. Just because Bally isn't selling them on the day doesn't mean you can't use them. His exact words were "any dboots tyre":

We recommend the A compound NanoByte tyres for the PetitRC race. Any dBoots tyre in any compound can be used, but the A compound NanoByte tyre is the fastest.
http://www.petitrc.com/_forumphp/showpost.php?p=464425&postcount=18

andy110m
05-01-2012, 10:47 AM
Great, sound like the tyres are sorted then. Still not happy about not having them before the meeting but at least we can glue them up the day before. Just have to look forward to the meeting now.

David Church
05-01-2012, 10:51 AM
Great, sound like the tyres are sorted then. Still not happy about not having them before the meeting but at least we can glue them up the day before. Just have to look forward to the meeting now.

So your kinda happy-ish??? Well that's a start:p:D

maalcari
05-01-2012, 11:09 AM
Now things are getting more clear :)
I´m sure Petit 2012 will be a great event.

We are taking 16 drivers from Portugal for this event, including Miguel Matias (no need for presentations) and Ricardo Monteiro (Euro B Champion in 1/8 Off-Road Nitro), Sandra Santos (perhaps the only women racing in Petit ?) Arnaldo Guedes, Mário Ribeiro, Jorge Borges, Nuno Roque, Tiago Vieira, Luis Godinho, Hugo Miguel, Pedro Brites, Luis Martins, Bruno Antunes, Miguel Coelho, Afonso Sousa and Nuno Maia. Tiago Silva is the mechanic of Matias and Alexandre Azenha the Pro Camera Man.

:o

hehehe

David Church
05-01-2012, 11:36 AM
Now things are getting more clear :)
I´m sure Petit 2012 will be a great event.

We are taking 16 drivers from Portugal for this event, including Miguel Matias (no need for presentations) and Ricardo Monteiro (Euro B Champion in 1/8 Off-Road Nitro), Sandra Santos (perhaps the only women racing in Petit ?) Arnaldo Guedes, Mário Ribeiro, Jorge Borges, Nuno Roque, Tiago Vieira, Luis Godinho, Hugo Miguel, Pedro Brites, Luis Martins, Bruno Antunes, Miguel Coelho, Afonso Sousa and Nuno Maia. Tiago Silva is the mechanic of Matias and Alexandre Azenha the Pro Camera Man.

:o

hehehe

It will be great to see so many people from abroad at this meeting.
I'm looking forward to meeting all of you!!!:thumbsup:

Skidrow
05-01-2012, 03:32 PM
Fantastic effort by the Portuguese team! David - how are you doing my friend? Happy new year to all and looking forward to seeing you there :)

David Church
05-01-2012, 05:20 PM
Fantastic effort by the Portuguese team! David - how are you doing my friend? Happy new year to all and looking forward to seeing you there :)

Absolutely a "Good Job" by you guys!

I'm good, I'm working hard to get my shop going, I will tell ya all about it when I see you:D

Skidrow
05-01-2012, 05:51 PM
Sounds good Dave:)

andy110m
09-01-2012, 02:24 PM
Now everything has become clear regarding tyres, I'm really looking forward to this event. I'm sure its going to be a fantastic, enjoyable event. How many people are planning to get there on the Friday? I'm hoping to get there around 2-3pm if all goes well.

I wonder how much different the track is going to be from what we get to practice on. Personally I'm not bothered if its a lot or a little but it'll be nice to get a handle on the surface and the tyres.

Is there an updated driver list anywhere?

mekios
09-01-2012, 04:19 PM
Go test the track on Friday you guys so when we arrive on Saturday can get some usefull tips. Especially on inserts!

arny
09-01-2012, 04:28 PM
Most of the Portuguese Team will arrive at 4pm if everything runs ok with plane, car rental and trip from luton to the track.

David Church
09-01-2012, 06:25 PM
I will be there about mid-day on Friday for some practice:thumbsup:

The Chef
09-01-2012, 07:50 PM
4 Sleeps till Practice. Can't wait for the racing and the Jolly.:thumbsup:

The Chef
09-01-2012, 08:03 PM
Could someone please clarify that we do not need to take tables or chairs?

RCDomination.com
09-01-2012, 08:08 PM
Could someone please clarify that we do not need to take tables or chairs?

I was there last year, there are tables and chairs, but they still needed some people to bring their own. The guys coming from abroad should get a space for sure so if possible a few should bring tables.

Dc

The Chef
09-01-2012, 09:24 PM
Thank you. I'll put a table in just in case. I've also ben told it is cold at Ardent is this the case? I do agree that the guys flying over should get tables for sure, I would like to think that if the boot were on the other foot we would get a table over in another country if we were to travel.

super__dan
09-01-2012, 09:33 PM
I'm looking forward to meeting some of the Portuguese guys, I would defo recommend bringing warm clothes as Ardent is a large building, the pits are heated but if the outdoor temperature is low then it does get quite chilly.

Current forecast for the weekend is http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/dayforecast.asp?zipcode=derby&day=5

ben31
09-01-2012, 10:01 PM
Does anyone know where I can view an up-to-date drivers list for this event?

jaydits
09-01-2012, 10:04 PM
is there some kind of list of shops who are attending the petit race
thanks
joey

JCJC
09-01-2012, 10:17 PM
Does anyone know where I can view an up-to-date drivers list for this event?

is there some kind of list of shops who are attending the petit race
thanks
joey

Try, http://race.petitrc.com/

Driver list looks different to last time I saw it

Bottom of Partners page lists JE Spares (http://www.jespares.com/) and SMS select model shop (http://www.selectmodelsshop.com/), worth a call

The Chef
10-01-2012, 03:16 PM
Although I understand the track will change from Friday practice to Saturdays race will there be timing gear in operation on the Friday? Is there a club meet on the Friday also? Is it 1/10 off road?

If some one could let me know that would be ace.

jaydits
10-01-2012, 03:41 PM
Try, http://race.petitrc.com/

Driver list looks different to last time I saw it

Bottom of Partners page lists JE Spares (http://www.jespares.com/) and SMS select model shop (http://www.selectmodelsshop.com/), worth a call
thanks very much
joey

The Chef
10-01-2012, 11:39 PM
Also Is it worth taking the lap top will there be the BBK Wifi thingy for the races available?

JCJC
11-01-2012, 08:31 AM
Looks like getting cooler over the weekend,

http://www.xcweather.co.uk/forecast/DE73_8BT

still at least its dry, keep warm and have a good weekend.

JCJC
11-01-2012, 10:57 AM
RACE FORMAT + TIMING
England = GMT

track will be available for practice from 13:00 onwards on Friday until 21:00 people can remain in the pits and work on their cars.

Practice track will not be the PETITRC track

Cost asked by Ardent Racing for practice is £5 for the day. This covers electric, heating and wear and tear on the track.

Saturday – 2WD + SC4wd Race

FTQ qualifying

After Practice the Heat groups will be made ranked by each driver's best 3 consectuve laps in practice.

2 controlled Practice (4 mn) - 5 Qualifications (6mn)- 1 Round of Finals until “B final” (6mn) + 3 Rounds of A Final (6mn)

Timetable

-> Ouverture/Opening: 7h00 am

-> Controlled Practise: 1st heat at 8h00 am

->Driver briefing: ? 10h15am

-> 1st Qualifying: 10h22am

-> End of the Race: 21h05

-> Prices ceremony: 21h20

and then RAFFLE!

Sunday – 4WD Race + UFO PETITRC RACE

FTQ qualifying

After Practice the Heat groups will be made ranked by each driver's best 3 consectuve laps in practice.

2 controlled practice (4mn), 6 Qualifications (6mn) - 1 Round of Finals until the “B final” (6mn) + 3 Round of A Final (6mn)
+ U.F.O Race (10mn)

Timetable

-> Ouverture/Opening: 7h00am

-> Controlled Practise: 1st heat at 8h00am

->Driver briefing: 9h25am

-> 1st Qualifying: 9h34am

-> End of the 4wd Race: 17h48

-> Ultimate Final Option Race: 17h51

The BEST of each country will be select - Just to REMIND you it will be NOT a "crash" UFO Race but a gentleman race

x 2wd drivers + x 4wd drivers + x SC drivers will race together during 10mn to be the King of the UFO PETITRC RACE !

-> Prices ceremony : 18h16

Note: from http://www.petitrc.com/_forumphp/showthread.php?t=60664&page=2

bbkRob
11-01-2012, 12:10 PM
I'm waiting for the final entry list from Nicolas and I'll publish the PRACTICE groups for 2wd and SC 4wd.

I'm planning to get to Ardent early afternoon on Friday and I'll be setting up open practice timing.

I'm hoping to have WiFi live timing during Saturday and Sunday plus live Internet timing so its worth bringing your laptop. Download for PC is bbkRCNetScreen2011-1 (http://www.rcnews.net/rob/downloads/kits/Install-bbkRCNetScreen2011-1.exe) and for iPhone its in the App Store - bbkRCLive. For other mobile phones set browser to http://mob.bbkrclive.com

All relevant info will be on the Live Race tab on the PetitRC Race page on the PetitRC web site. The tab is not live yet. I'll post here when it is.

Going to be a cold weekend with hot racing!:thumbsup:

The Chef
11-01-2012, 05:51 PM
Do you have an apple address for the mac book? At the MKgp it was a load of numbers lik an IP address, if you catch my meaning.

James
11-01-2012, 05:53 PM
6 minute races.. Not a bad idea when using FTD qualifying i think

maalcari
12-01-2012, 03:43 AM
I am also looking forward to meet you all at Petit RC. :thumbsup:

Here in Portugal the weather is also a bit cold the days..lets see :)

Regarding tables and chairs, we cannot take them with us (i´m here struggling to put all my stuff packed for transportation.hehhe). It would be nice to have a portuguese corner in Ardent. I can promise music and liquor and good partnership :) :wub

mekios
12-01-2012, 11:14 AM
I would prefer a table for Debted countries so we Greeks can join you!

maalcari
12-01-2012, 11:35 AM
I would prefer a table for Debted countries so we Greeks can join you!

:D :D

Please don´t tell IMF that almost 20 portuguese are racing @ Petit. :woot:

NitroArgi
12-01-2012, 12:12 PM
We promise we won't say anything if you promise no to tell IMF for the three Greek guys that attending!

arny
12-01-2012, 12:36 PM
:lol:
24 hours to destination
:wub

The Chef
12-01-2012, 01:07 PM
:lol:
24 hours to destination
:wub

1 Sleep and 23hours 53minutes.;)

bbkRob
12-01-2012, 04:50 PM
http://www.petitrc.com/prcrace2012/resultspage/

Note practice is 4 minutes and SC4wd heats and finals are 10 minutes, all other classes 6 minutes for heats and finals

bbkRob
12-01-2012, 05:02 PM
UFO race is of course at least 10 minutes...................

bbkRob
13-01-2012, 11:00 AM
If you are racing at the PetitRC Race 2012 you can tweet comments and pictures to the event Blog using hashtag #prcrace2012. Lets hear from you!

mekios
13-01-2012, 11:05 AM
I confirm it works! :D

David Church
13-01-2012, 09:41 PM
It was so nice to have Friday as open practise!!! Well done for this!!! I for one think this should hapen regularly!!!!
The track was fast and fun, and yes I know it's being changed for tomorrow, but Ardent have made loads of changes since last year!

Good Job!!!:thumbsup:

The Chef
14-01-2012, 01:08 AM
top dayss practice. Thank you I think it will be somre great racing this weekend.:thumbsup:Looking forward to it now. Let's hope the driving standard is high.

Col
14-01-2012, 01:22 AM
I can't be bothered to go back through the thread... so

have you been able to try the new dboots tyres yet? Are they any good?

David Church
14-01-2012, 05:47 AM
I can't be bothered to go back through the thread... so

have you been able to try the new dboots tyres yet? Are they any good?

Can't be bothered Lol

Yep tried them and they were good straight out the package. 2wd went straight on and I cut no pins off. 4wd I cut the outer and inner row off and it was fine. They do seem to be wearing quickly though.

RCDomination.com
14-01-2012, 08:24 AM
Practise under way, only a few small changes from yesterday, the track is very fast!!!

RCDomination.com
14-01-2012, 08:32 AM
I will post some pics later as I seem to have a good signal!

Dc

Ross
14-01-2012, 10:44 AM
Great event, I'll post some pictures up of some cars in a bit :thumbsup:

RCDomination.com
14-01-2012, 12:27 PM
http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/3730/petit20121018.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/267/petit20121018.jpg/)
Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

RCDomination.com
14-01-2012, 12:33 PM
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/8701/petit20121017.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/836/petit20121017.jpg/)

http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/9797/petit20121016.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/836/petit20121016.jpg/)

http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/4370/petit20121013.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/195/petit20121013.jpg/)

http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/8044/petit20121012.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/843/petit20121012.jpg/)

http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/9066/petit20121010.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/832/petit20121010.jpg/)

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/5664/petit20121008.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/84/petit20121008.jpg/)

RCDomination.com
14-01-2012, 12:37 PM
http://img851.imageshack.us/img851/6538/petit20121006.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/851/petit20121006.jpg/)

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/6245/petit20121005.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/14/petit20121005.jpg/)

http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/2592/petit20121004.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/689/petit20121004.jpg/)

JCJC
14-01-2012, 12:52 PM
Are the trophy girls just as wrapped up ? or was that the trophy girls :woot::woot:

reg
14-01-2012, 12:59 PM
Mr GSPEED looks warm :thumbsup:...........hope Ian is doing well Gord

Steve.T
14-01-2012, 01:01 PM
Bit cold is it lads?

RCDomination.com
14-01-2012, 01:15 PM
Bit cold is it lads?

It's warming up now, I think it's 2 degrees!!!

footey
14-01-2012, 01:19 PM
whos doing well dc

Steve.T
14-01-2012, 01:43 PM
It's warming up now, I think it's 2 degrees!!!

My hockey game got frozen off this morning (water based astro) and I'm coming up tomorrow morning. Should be an interesting journey.

RCDomination.com
14-01-2012, 01:55 PM
http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/5539/img0011ehi.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/16/img0011ehi.jpg/)

http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/1871/img0010jc.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/507/img0010jc.jpg/)

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/1857/img0009mhr.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/408/img0009mhr.jpg/)

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/912/img0008vy.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/850/img0008vy.jpg/)

http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/9800/img0007wwu.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/855/img0007wwu.jpg/)

http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/3933/img0006za.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/714/img0006za.jpg/)

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/8686/img0004dy.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/35/img0004dy.jpg/)

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/4633/img0003vmp.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/80/img0003vmp.jpg/)

http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/964/img0002kx.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/521/img0002kx.jpg/)

RCDomination.com
14-01-2012, 01:58 PM
http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/4870/img0001vb.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/4/img0001vb.jpg/)

RCDomination.com
14-01-2012, 02:00 PM
whos doing well dc

Jorn Numan lapped everyone in the last round

RCDomination.com
14-01-2012, 02:06 PM
My hockey game got frozen off this morning (water based astro) and I'm coming up tomorrow morning. Should be an interesting journey.

Drive careful. The roads were good this morning!!!

Jorn is DOMINATING for sure. Hupo was on his pace for a bit in the last round, but fell way back.

RCDomination.com
14-01-2012, 04:09 PM
Top 10 after 4 rounds of FTD qualifying

Jorn Numan
Hupo
Hugo Miguel
Richard Lowe
Collinson
Kevin Brunsden
Miguel Matias
Nathan
Waters
James Heliwell
Adam Skelding

The unlucky BQ man is Nathan Ralls, who is just ahead of Dan "Blue Hands" Greenwood!!!

Dc

RCDomination.com
15-01-2012, 07:54 AM
Sunday morning and it's another cold start!!! I will get my assistant Kath Wilkinson to upload some more photos soon!!! James tried to help, but he just gets in the way hehe

Cheers Kath:thumbsup:

RCDomination.com
15-01-2012, 08:11 AM
http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/1343/petit20123014.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/714/petit20123014.jpg/)
Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/3379/petit20123013.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/850/petit20123013.jpg/)

http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/8961/petit20123012.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/600/petit20123012.jpg/)

http://img803.imageshack.us/img803/4113/petit20123011.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/803/petit20123011.jpg/)

http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/1696/petit20123010.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/337/petit20123010.jpg/)

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/6865/petit20123009.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/513/petit20123009.jpg/)

RCDomination.com
15-01-2012, 08:14 AM
http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/1350/petit20123008.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/37/petit20123008.jpg/)

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/5582/petit20123007.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/696/petit20123007.jpg/)

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/1952/petit20123006.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/213/petit20123006.jpg/)

RCDomination.com
15-01-2012, 08:18 AM
http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/4301/petit20123005.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/717/petit20123005.jpg/)

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/7587/petit20123004.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/163/petit20123004.jpg/)

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/5499/petit20123003.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/408/petit20123003.jpg/)

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/7638/petit20123002.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/88/petit20123002.jpg/)

http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/6633/petit20123001.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/824/petit20123001.jpg/)

lochness42
15-01-2012, 09:37 AM
Hiya DC, tell Nathan that he's Nanic. He should have been in A final

trekkerkk
15-01-2012, 10:17 AM
any video today please:thumbsup:

trekkker

JCJC
15-01-2012, 10:20 AM
oops, wrong thread........

nmpsilva
15-01-2012, 04:31 PM
An excellent result for the portuguese guys.
2 drivers in the 2 WD top 10, from a country that doesn´t have a 1/10tt national championship :thumbsup:

And 1 driver in the 4WD A final:thumbsup:

Cheers

RCDomination.com
16-01-2012, 06:41 AM
I really enjoyed my weekend! Thanks to all involved in the running of this!

The track was great fun being very fast with just enough technical bits to even catch the top guys out! The food was amazing, curry and chips mmmmmmm yum yum! It was cold over the weekend but in the pit area it was much warmer!
All in all a "Good Job" was done!!!!

Dc

The Chef
16-01-2012, 07:59 AM
I really enjoyed my weekend! Thanks to all involved in the running of this!

The track was great fun being very fast with just enough technical bits to even catch the top guys out! The food was amazing, curry and chips mmmmmmm yum yum! It was cold over the weekend but in the pit area it was much warmer!
All in all a "Good Job" was done!!!!

Dc
As Above with some great commentary. Nice to meet so many great guys at the weekend. Well done to our host and the oeganisers.

Some amazing vintage stuff too. Might have to get the rough rider out.

Thank you.

budfish
16-01-2012, 09:12 AM
http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/1350/petit20123008.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/37/petit20123008.jpg/)
Uploaded with [URL=http://imageshack.us]ImageShack.

Please excuse my ignorance but who's that??

Or has he won an award for best dressed racer??

David Church
16-01-2012, 09:30 AM
Please excuse my ignorance but who's that??

Or has he won an award for best dressed racer??

That's Manolis from Greece. He is a car designer/builder. This year was his best efffort ever car wise, his 2wd looked very good!
He is from Greece and has been to many big races including a number of European championships!!!
His dress sense is clear to see!!!! Stylish:thumbsup: It was cold though haha

budfish
16-01-2012, 10:10 AM
That's Manolis from Greece. He is a car designer/builder. This year was his best efffort ever car wise, his 2wd looked very good!
He is from Greece and has been to many big races including a number of European championships!!!
His dress sense is clear to see!!!! Stylish:thumbsup: It was cold though haha

He lucks down on his luck i hope you gave him some balls??

mekios
17-01-2012, 11:33 AM
I've got to thank everybody for this superb event in Ardent Raceway. For me it was the first race ever out of the borders of Greece and the first time i ever raced on carpet.
It was all very well organized, really nice people, great atmosphere (though a little cold for my liking) and we had a great time. I loved carpet racing, i enjoyed every little turn i took and every jump i (over)shoot. Great stuff!

Many thanks to Nicolas for organizing the event, Ardent people and everyone responsible for this event.

We did some photography on the track for RCdevil.gr, our greek rc website, so here it is for everyone to enjoy:
Day 1 (http://rcdevil.smugmug.com/2012/Petit-RC-Day-1/)
Day 2 (http://rcdevil.smugmug.com/2012/Petit-RC-Day-2)

tellor
17-01-2012, 07:36 PM
Sounds like the event was great are there any results anywhere?

what was the verdict on the nanobyte tyres?

Richard Lowe
17-01-2012, 09:54 PM
what was the verdict on the nanobyte tyres?

Really good actually! I tried them back to back with minpins on the Friday and they were much easier to drive/more stable yet felt quicker at the same time, they mounted up really nicely too. Only downside was they seemed to wear quite quickly on the back of 2wd. Wear rate on 4wd wasn't so bad, in the end for me 2 sets did Friday practice and all Sunday in 4wd - 2wd was 2 fronts and 3 rears.

James
17-01-2012, 10:06 PM
Agreed they were very good, but wear rate on my 2wd was crazy - 5 sets of rears! But really good in 4wd - I only used 2 sets and even they have a couple of runs left!

arny
18-01-2012, 10:08 PM
Full coverage PetitRC 2012 with all the mains 2wd and 4wd and interviews.
To buy the DVD go to http://petitrc.umdez.com

-Mcy0fJ-SC8

Skidrow
20-01-2012, 01:19 PM
He lucks down on his luck i hope you gave him some balls??

Sorry for not living up to the official PetitRace dress code :) Thanks Dave for your good words.Very positive attitude you and Nathan .Wish I was racing with you this weekend also.Some photos of the RB5 "mid and rear in one package" conversion that we raced here: http://rcdevil.smugmug.com/2012/Petit-RC-Day-1/21030192_BdRRqg#!i=1673009946&k=dqWpstz

And I will be opening up a new thread for it in the "I made this section" with more info for those interested

Manolis

Skidrow
20-01-2012, 01:34 PM
Nice photos Argiris & Giannis :)

I've got to thank everybody for this superb event in Ardent Raceway. For me it was the first race ever out of the borders of Greece and the first time i ever raced on carpet.
It was all very well organized, really nice people, great atmosphere (though a little cold for my liking) and we had a great time. I loved carpet racing, i enjoyed every little turn i took and every jump i (over)shoot. Great stuff!

Many thanks to Nicolas for organizing the event, Ardent people and everyone responsible for this event.

We did some photography on the track for RCdevil.gr, our greek rc website, so here it is for everyone to enjoy:
Day 1 (http://rcdevil.smugmug.com/2012/Petit-RC-Day-1/)
Day 2 (http://rcdevil.smugmug.com/2012/Petit-RC-Day-2)

maalcari
17-02-2012, 04:05 PM
Full coverage PetitRC 2012 with all the mains 2wd and 4wd and interviews.
To buy the DVD go to http://petitrc.umdez.com

-Mcy0fJ-SC8

DVD are on the way to UK, France and Greek buyers :)

Thank you all for your support.

You can also check the our photo gallery (http://petitrc.umdez.com/photo-gallery)