PDA

View Full Version : Wales?

peetbee
05-02-2008, 02:15 PM
I'm assuming Wales is still a region, but there doesn't seem to be a lot going on, the WRCA website doesn't have any details for 2008 and the forum is down.
I wouldn't mind racing close to home this year, does anyone have any info?
Cheers

DCM
05-02-2008, 02:18 PM
right, the forum is closed, and they are looking at revamping the website (even if I have to do it myself).

Now, here is the bad bit, there will only be two regional meetings, one in the east of wales and one Swansea way, it will be a mixed meeting (nitro and electric).

CPBRA are looking at doing a few things this year though Pete, one being a car show at Chepstow.

Wraggy
05-02-2008, 02:19 PM
I'm assuming Wales is still a region, but there doesn't seem to be a lot going on, the WRCA website doesn't have any details for 2008 and the forum is down.
I wouldn't mind racing close to home this year, does anyone have any info?
Cheers
a few welsh people end up doing the Mid West Regionals..

GRIFF55
05-02-2008, 02:29 PM
It's a shame there is not such a big following of 1/10th offroad in wales anymore. I live in sunny beautiful south west wales and i used to race welsh regionals many years ago @ Caldicot, Abergavenny, Tivyside, Saundersfoot, Neath, Oakdale and others which all had a great turnout. I started back last year and there wasn't much going on so i did the Mid West, just like the old days but cost alot more in traveling. V Good racing and a friendly atmosphere. I know Caldicot still has 1/10th as do Cobra.
Why don't all the clubs merge and have at least one big welsh meet to try and drum up some interest?(i'd be there in a flash)

Wraggy
05-02-2008, 02:33 PM
welsh regionals many years ago @ Caldicot, Abergavenny, Tivyside, Saundersfoot, Neath, Oakdale

bloody hell Griff , Abergavenny !!!! thats going back some .. i think i did a RRCI there ?? :thumbsup:

DCM
05-02-2008, 02:38 PM
I used to do all the Welsh regionals, where you have to book in prior to the event to ensure a place, Teifisde, Saundersfoot, Swansea, Neath, Cardiff, Oakdale, Caldicot, Newport and Abergavenny.

I think a few drivers grew up, found women etc, and then touring cars killed the rest off.

The two regionals are suppose to now be 'super meetings' big and busy to try and attract club drivers to race.

Belsten
05-02-2008, 02:53 PM
[quote=DCM;90808]I think a few drivers grew up, found women etc, and then touring cars killed the rest off.quote]
Well thats what happened to me Steve !!!! Yeah right :lol:

It is a massive shame, years ago you used to struggle to get an entry with 100+ entrants at meetings, I saw the steady decline in numbers over the years, I will certainly aim to support the clubs this year :thumbsup:

peetbee
08-02-2008, 11:57 AM
That's disappointing, I was looking forward to making my comeback in Wales this year (I'm old enough to have raced at all those loactions too).
Looks like I'll be travelling to the midlands then :(

GRIFF55
08-02-2008, 12:23 PM
Where are the two welsh "super meetings"? We'll(us welshies) have to try and drum up some interest and get some Named drivers to come!!
Sounds like a challenge:thumbsup:
Peetbee, Kidderminster has a meeting on this sunday if you fancy a look?

Jamie B4
08-02-2008, 12:33 PM
Griff been informed that wrexham is starting again so hopefully the rest of wales will start to catch up and more clubs going again.

Body Paint
08-02-2008, 12:39 PM
Plans are not confirmed yet but the dates are pencilled in and the potential venues being explored as we speak, should know more by next weekend.

Although I dislike cutting the rounds to 2, I think it is the best way of getting good entries and these 2 meetings will be the BRCA regional qualifying meetings.

I hope very much that we can get good support for these meets.

DCM
08-02-2008, 12:53 PM
I do too, and I understand the logic behind it, but the people got to be incentified to attend their 'away' meeting, and at the moment, at £10 an entry, I am not, I would need to know that

a) big track
b) decent fixtures on the track
c) good venue
d) good condition of the racing surface

Not to fussed on the Nitro and eletric sharing the same track though, as if the ground is soggy, they will rip it to shreads.

GRIFF55
08-02-2008, 12:57 PM
Not to fussed on the Nitro and eletric sharing the same track though, as if the ground is soggy, they will rip it to shreads.[/quote]

Me either, i did the BCL last year and some of those were rough! Would there be enough following for just electric in wales at the mo?

peetbee
08-02-2008, 12:59 PM
Peetbee, Kidderminster has a meeting on this sunday if you fancy a look? Cheers Griff, can't make it this weekend, but hoping to make either kiddie or coventry next month.

Plans are not confirmed yet but the dates are pencilled in and the potential venues being explored as we speak, should know more by next weekend.
I hope very much that we can get good support for these meets.
I'll do my best! Can you let us know when the dates are, or am I being too impatient?
Hmm, I guess that with only 2 rounds there's not much scope to make up for a bad result!

GRIFF55
08-02-2008, 01:02 PM
the potential venues being explored as we speak, should know more by next weekend.

Caldicot Castle here we come!!:lol:

dan_kitty
08-02-2008, 01:17 PM
ive never seen caldicot castle, even though i go racing up that way most weeks

is it a biggen?

DCM
08-02-2008, 01:27 PM
I got this sneaking feeling it will be Talywain and Swansea DMCC

GRIFF55
08-02-2008, 01:33 PM
I'm sure that alot will travel nationwide to get practice at Talywain!
Normal castle years ago Dan:)

Belsten
08-02-2008, 01:36 PM
Caldicot Castle was ace, I would love to go back there.

I will be supporting this year for sure

dan_kitty
08-02-2008, 01:38 PM
ill be there for sure, scores to settle with the "knight" family:)

GRIFF55
08-02-2008, 01:39 PM
Did anybody here go to my mates meeting that he had in his garden, chipboard trophies an all? I'm sure you did Craig, i know Jody Denner did and alot of swansea boys!

millzy
08-02-2008, 02:02 PM
i dont see this fuss over the nitros and buggys on the same track.

i attended a few meeting at swasnea on witers ,summers and one off 500 races and ok there was a bit of slide from the rear but nothing more than what you would get from tiverton and kiddy(wet)

really you have slippers and a thumb why not use them lol.

peetbee
08-02-2008, 02:10 PM
Dates from the COBRA website are 18 May and 13 July.
I agree Caldicot Castle was great fun.

I only started racing again last week and can't wait to get back into competitions again :D
I've got a list of the mid west regionals now, so will be negotiating which meetings I can attend, but the two welsh ones will be top of my list.

DCM
08-02-2008, 02:44 PM
talking of racing, when do you want your shells fella?

peetbee
08-02-2008, 02:47 PM
I haven't forgotten Steve! I'll PM you.

peetbee
12-02-2008, 12:45 AM
Oh great!
I was just checking the dates I've got and the 18th May WRCA round clashes with the Mid West 4WD Regional in Marston :mad:

Are these dates confirmed now? I'd love to race in Wales but have committed myself to the other regionals. :(