PDA

View Full Version : US postage can anyone help

ashleyb4
06-02-2008, 11:48 AM
Hi all

Ive bought a mini t from the states and it was sent USPS air mail so ive got the tracking number and it says it was attempted to be delivered on monday at 11.12 i was out at the time and i havent heard anything since and there was no note though the door so im wondering what should i do! I dont know if it will be resqudualled or not any help apreciated.

A

jim76
06-02-2008, 11:51 AM
At a guess i'd say contact your local UPS depot and quote your postcode. they should be able to identify any parcels in the warehouse from that.

tyreman
06-02-2008, 11:51 AM
It'll probably be sat down your local sorting office.
Give them a call to see if it's there.

tyreman
06-02-2008, 11:52 AM
At a guess i'd say contact your local UPS depot and quote your postcode. they should be able to identify any parcels in the warehouse from that.

They don't send via UPS, only USPS which is then delivered by Royal mail

jim76
06-02-2008, 12:24 PM
They don't send via UPS, only USPS which is then delivered by Royal mail

Doh! teach me to read properly!

grindog
06-02-2008, 12:29 PM
When i get things from abroad it usually comes via Parcel Farce. If you have a local depot, just go along with proof of your address and the tracking number. They should be able to sort you out. At least its been ok for me in the past!

bigred5765
06-02-2008, 12:31 PM
Hi all

Ive bought a mini t from the states and it was sent USPS air mail so ive got the tracking number and it says it was attempted to be delivered on monday at 11.12 i was out at the time and i havent heard anything since and there was no note though the door so im wondering what should i do! I dont know if it will be resqudualled or not any help apreciated.

A

it could be one of two things ash
if they havent left a card to say they tried to deliver,it will still be in uk customs i use to get that message when i ordered stuff and it was in uk customs,

sparrow.2
06-02-2008, 12:41 PM
According to the USPS tracking number parcels always show up as attempted delivery when they hit customs. Expect to receive a card requesting pickup or a delivery soon. They might want to have proof of purchase too (ebay printout or whatever) so they can work out the tax. You're going to get stung for VAT and whatever import duty they see fit most likely...

Let us know how it turns out...

ashleyb4
06-02-2008, 12:47 PM
ok ill see how it goes Ill give it a few more days if nothign comes ill ringt royal mail or parcel force see if either of them courier it. It said on the track a few days ago it was in customs then it had been though customs.

thanks for all the help

A

ashleyb4
06-02-2008, 12:54 PM
right rung royal mail and they said it will be parcel force. lets ring them.

A

losixxx
06-02-2008, 01:00 PM
what happened to the wait a few more day's then ring:lol: ....

ashleyb4
06-02-2008, 01:00 PM
Thank you for holding we will be with you shortly.................:thumbdown:

crappy music!!!

A

ashleyb4
06-02-2008, 01:01 PM
what happened to the wait a few more day's then ring:lol: ....

i just rang royal mail and they told me to ring parcel force i change my mind very quickly

A:lol::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thu mbsup:

ashleyb4
06-02-2008, 01:05 PM
ive found it!!!

its in the parcel force depot waiting for custom charges 22 quid!!!!!!!!! i paid less than that for my 180 pound tranny it was only 60 pound.

A

gaza121
06-02-2008, 01:09 PM
In future Ask the seller to class the item as a Personal gift with a value of less than $18 and you will not get charged!

My missus got stung ny customs ordering a special monopoly set off fleebay which with customs charges came to just unfer 50 quid!:thumbdown:

bigred5765
06-02-2008, 01:19 PM
how can you say stung,
it,s way cheaper than here in the uk so expect to pay vat and delivery charge
o and the statment above is asking them to break the law

Southwell
06-02-2008, 01:27 PM
I got some bits from america and they delivered it THEN sent the letter for payment of 45. Rang them, refused to pay or i would have rejected it if they sent the letter first so they said don't worry about it then :lol:

losixxx
06-02-2008, 01:54 PM
I got some bits from america and they delivered it THEN sent the letter for payment of 45. Rang them, refused to pay or i would have rejected it if they sent the letter first so they said don't worry about it then :lol:
my m8 did that with some motorcycle bits from america 55 customs charge they asked for after it had been delivered, told them no chance and was well happy until 2 months later got a letter from a debt collection agent saying the bill was 175 inc there fee's and giving him 6 weeks to pay or face court action. he didnt pay....some 6 months later knock at the door and bailiff's with a 600 bill :thumbdown:

Southwell
06-02-2008, 02:09 PM
my m8 did that with some motorcycle bits from america 55 customs charge they asked for after it had been delivered, told them no chance and was well happy until 2 months later got a letter from a debt collection agent saying the bill was 175 inc there fee's and giving him 6 weeks to pay or face court action. he didnt pay....some 6 months later knock at the door and bailiff's with a 600 bill :thumbdown:

Sounds fun, although i did say they could have it back if thats a problem. I wasn't prepared to pay 45 in tax so i would of had a choice to decline it, their fault not mine. We shall see....:thumbdown: O and they would be knocking on the door of my workplace lol.
Failing that ill employ Wraggy for the day. :thumbsup:

Wraggy
06-02-2008, 02:15 PM
Failing that ill employ Wraggy for the day. :thumbsup:

Im not Cheap you know :woot:

Darren Boyle
06-02-2008, 04:35 PM
All of the above are surely excellent reasons NOT to bother buying from the states!! Yes, before you all say, I know I am a UK based shop who is bound to say that, but if I could ask Ash how much he actually paid???

Ash, you said it was a Mini-T right, well there are two versions PRO and RTR, (not sure which one you got) but you say there is 22 VAT and duty to pay. Well the PRO version here in the UK is only 79.95 (well it is with us anyway) so by the time you pay your excess, did it cost "considerably" less than 58 then? Since if it didnt then it is dearer than here in the UK, which incidently is IN STOCK, only takes one day to arrive to you and is easier to sort out than the samll amount of grief you have experienced.....

My point is simple, in "most" cases, it is not cheaper, it is slower, it is more grief and more problematic ordering from overseas, yet people still continue to do it and then moan when the UK shops close down or are not very helpful to a customer who has brought all his major purchases from elsewhere. Put yourselves in the shops shoes.

Yes I agree, you can "cheat" the system and avoid duty etc, but we cant at the shops when we buy from a UK distributor and to be fair (as already pointed out) it is illegal and a case of fraud to do so!!

martboy21
06-02-2008, 04:46 PM
i used to order fro overseas but your right its hassle,i orderd a max amps 2 cell 5000 mah lipo and all in all came to 94.67 once parcel force had stuck there holding fee and income charges. plus things take forever to get here unless you pay EVEN more to get them here quicker. its a gamble and sometimes it is cheaper,i bought a front carbon fibre k factory shock tower from you recently and although i paid slightly over than what i would from overseas i got it next day.

if i cant get something here then i have no choice but i cant be arsed to wait 10-14 days shipping, i want things now!

he;s got a point guys,if we dont have model shops then theres not as much of a communtity and without sounding too political the market in england will fail.

however i do think some items can be at a reduced price

my lhs quoted me 229.99 for ft b4, i laughed when i saw it on the net for 159 delivered!
i even went back to my lhs to tell them to see if they would price match etc but they told me if i bought from them they would give me aftersales service, what... t a price of 50 quid,no thanks id rather stick to good old fashoined d.i.y!

cheers

dms racing have always deliverd on time and DO ring you in person if thers a problem,not like another modelshop who has the item in stock, you add to cart, purchase it then recive an email saying there out stock and it will be 10 days!

DCM
06-02-2008, 04:49 PM
In future Ask the seller to class the item as a Personal gift with a value of less than $18 and you will not get charged!

My missus got stung ny customs ordering a special monopoly set off fleebay which with customs charges came to just unfer 50 quid!:thumbdown:

most legit businesses wont do that these days, in America.... HK, now thats different. Also, if you ask, you can get done for fraud. Next time ash, pay EMS an more often it just slips through with no charges.

Also, don't leave it so long, they will only hold it for a little while before they return it.

ashleyb4
06-02-2008, 04:49 PM
well the mini t pro is discontinued by losi and i couldnt find it on any uk shops so i bought it from whereever it was available

A

martboy21
06-02-2008, 04:57 PM
your right hk is different and sometimes freakly fast,i ordred a k factory rear b4 shock tower last monday evening,it wouldnt have been processed till tuesday and i still got it fri morning from www.rcmart.com with 3 dollar delivery,very good,i got for 11 pound as appossed to 27 in uk!!

Darren Boyle
06-02-2008, 05:34 PM
ASH,
well the mini t pro is discontinued by losi and i couldnt find it on any uk shops so i bought it from whereever it was available

Its not discontinued mate, readily available (we actually had two more come into just last week)

I thought you told us you look on our site often, it is on there mate!

Product "AB0210 - Mini-T Pro, 1/18th scale mini stadium truck - NEW LOWER PRICEhttp://www.dms-racing.com/images/sale.gif - 79.95" it is listed in the Losi catologue pages, kit list pages and because of its low price the sale pages too!!

Never mind, but we all know for next time.... (I take it you have ended up paying more than 79.95 then?)

MART
Fair point about the KFactory rear tower, a saving there worth having I have to agree. As for your local HS quoting 230 ish for a B4 then I have no sympathy for them. There is no discount at all on that price yet CML have reduced them to us to be able to be more inline with overseas pricing, your local shop on the other hand is just being plain greedy

Have to say, service is service but not if you have to give your right arm to get it, it is our belief that customers want a "good" price (not always the very best to the penny though) and a good, well backed knowledgable service to go with it. Price with no service/back up is useless just as much as quality service at sky high prices is equally as useless, there has to be a balance!!

losixxx
06-02-2008, 05:50 PM
My point is simple, in "most" cases, it is not cheaper,

sorry Darren have to disagree with you there, just the opposite in most case's it is cheaper and more times than not cheaper than uk shops pay trade!, but then again depends what your buying and who you want buy it from really.

Darren Boyle
06-02-2008, 05:53 PM
I did say in "most" cases, but not if you compare "legit" customs aprroved purchases with "competativley" priced UK stores.

Of course I agree with you 100% it is up to half price if you compare an expensive (no discount given) UK shop with a back door/no tax paid import, but as you say "then again depends what your buying and who you want buy it from really"

martboy21
06-02-2008, 05:54 PM
i totally agree with you, i think also because usa usualy have things released quicker there it makes us more inclined to shop around.

i remember when the new brushless vxls came out,you couldnt get them here for love nor money but america had them everywhere.i chose not to buy one in the end purley on the fact the werent out here yet.

little while back my yougest brother bought the traxxas jato 3.3 from america..he thought and i quote "thought" he got a good price. but then i remember he paid over 06/70 pounds in charges,he was relly peed of as you can imagine

that losi pro sounds interesting,might look into it?

racingdwarf
06-02-2008, 05:59 PM
I support my local LHS whenever poss. And yes I have pointed out to quite a few new club member that a b4 from usa is cheeper but then you add tax and handling charges and heypresto it's about 5 cheeper is it worth it?.....err no BUT I do deal with losi parts house for some parts e.g xx4 WE chassis 31.05 to my door, and bulk orders of losi wheels can be a large saving.and then there is the Losi hex drive driver sets WHY are they sooooo expencive 50 here sub 20 in the US?? I know it's an old question but how come this is horizon? where does all the extra cost come from on certain parts, I know we all have to make a few quid but in some cases the wee wee is well and truly taken.

Darren Boyle
06-02-2008, 06:01 PM
MART,
To be honest most of the BIG US manufacturers are trying to implement a "global" release on most products so that (within a day or two) the items are available across the globe at the same time, but I do know for a fact that the example you give "Traxxas" do not!!! TRAXXAS look after number one first (the USA) the rest of the world has to wait for the scraps that are left. Most of the really popular Traxxas lines are never in stock in this country for that very reason, which is the reason why we dont stock Traxxas any more, we got fed up with poor stock levels and due to that poor service that came with it. Traxxas cars are amongst some of the very best I have ever seen for design and quality but they are no good to us if you can never get them or the bits that they need.

RACINGDWARF,
ALL the Losi parts that you refer to were priced BEFORE Horizon took over what we knew as Helger and all "NEW" bits that have arrived SINCE then have benfited now from much cheaper pricing, but anything that was released pre-takeover was left as it was. This was done so that all the stock out there on the shelves of all the model shops was not seen to be "overpriced or expensive" literally overnight. As an example If I had a part on my shelf that I had paid for that was selling at 10 and all of a sudden it was now 6 what do I do? Keep it at 10 and be seen as dear, hence it wont sell and we would get a bad reputation, or reduce my price on my paid for stock to 6 and lose money on it (problem is our shop, like most good ones, doesnt have 1 part at 10 we have hundreds, thousands in fact and if we lost money on all of them we would go bust) this is why stock with prices already determined does not get adjsuted, but as new models repalce older ones this will (and is) working itself out of the system. It is unfortunate that with the oldest car in the Losi stable (XX4) this appears to be really harsh, since the parts for these were priced back in the mid 90's and due tom its success and popualrity the car is still kicking around. Try comparing some of the newer things like Micro-T, Losi 8IGHT spares, XXXCR spares, they are MUCH cheaper then ever before when you compare to the dollar price.
The tool set you mention is $49.99 RRP from Losi but sells here for 41.35 (nearer 40 than 50 quid) but it has been about for a few years (older pricing) a new comparison, for instance the latest "tool" a three size turnbuckle wrench (A99165) is $5.99 and only 3.99 here, a much better "rate of exchange"

martboy21
06-02-2008, 06:07 PM
i didnt realise that traxxas were tha bad,i mean when he got his jato i was really jealous,he got a proper package. with a dvd explaining EVERYTHING. i sat there with green envy with my shumacher menace 4 x4 and wished i had bought that! i wouldnt buy a traxxas anyway because i feel they dont give enough to us (as you said) and the whole competive racing feel from them well quite frankly isnt there!?i belive theyfocus mainly on the "bashing" (hate that word!) side of things.

quickly guys whats better for mamba max and lipo set up?

mini t pro or rc18t?

martboy21
06-02-2008, 06:09 PM
got to agree on the hex drivers!absolute joke,you could buy a 2nd hand rolling chassis for that!?

bigred5765
06-02-2008, 06:21 PM
I did say in "most" cases, but not if you compare "legit" customs approved purchases with "competitively" priced UK stores.

Of course I agree with you 100% it is up to half price if you compare an expensive (no discount given) UK shop with a back door/no tax paid import, but as you say "then again depends what your buying and who you want buy it from really"

playing devils advocate here
and i admit to doing this more than once in the past
but just to show how us Brits are being ripped of
OK ae b4 ft car here in the UK 159 i seen in a earlier post
USA price $219 so thats 111.73 plus doing it all legal and above board
17.5% vat =19.55 = 131.28 plus postal charges of 11 = 142.28
that,s legal and legit i know it's only 17 but add on some spares and the cost comes down as postal charge 11 is per parcel no matter how big Ive save 80 -90 on my items in the past
I'm not saying its right
but just hate people saying don't do it Ill get ripped of
by customs
sorry you wont

Darren Boyle
06-02-2008, 06:30 PM
How many spares do you have to add to an order to take the saving from 17 to 80/90 then? :eh?: If you save 17 on a 160 purchase surely you would need to spend BIG bucks to save the amounts you say. Plus, would you be buying all of those "spares" becasue they are needed or just to save money, since a decent LHS here should have them on the shelf waiting for you, so you dont have to keep them in YOUR pitbox.

Dont want my post(s) to sound like I am arguing because I am not, but If an average person brough a B4 FT out of one months pay packet then they would save just the 17, but to make these huge 80+ type savings on a regular basis would require a racer to be spending probably 600+ per month on their hobby (every month!! 6K per year, some probably do but not all!!)

At the end of the day as well, you dont get ripped off by customs, you just pay what your are meant and supposed to for an import.

DCM
06-02-2008, 06:31 PM
You forget that there is an import duty of 8% then you add that to the invoice total (including shipping) and then calculate the VAT.

$219 + 8% ($17.52)= $236.52

$236.52 + 17.5% (41.39) = $277.91 (142)

This is not including shipping costs

Darren Boyle
06-02-2008, 06:34 PM
17 saving may of just shrinked a little!! Thats even more spares needed to save 80/90 then...............

losixxx
06-02-2008, 06:35 PM
not at all Darren, way off the mark with 500 per month, you can save 80 on 200 worth of stuff...its not great having your LHS with stock on the shelf if you break something trackside...a hell of a lot of people carry a lot of spares to continue there day's racing. at the saving's you make people bulk order for the season hassle free racing !

Darren Boyle
06-02-2008, 06:41 PM
But do decent LHS not go trackside then, since we do!

I would like to see a total of 200 worth of parts from the UK that we can get for 120 from the US there cant be many....is there?

Is spending 200 on spares for a whole season when you dont know if you are going need them really "hassle free" then.

Again just interested to know to obtain feedback really.......

Darren

bigred5765
06-02-2008, 06:47 PM
order all mine once a years take what i need for the weekend just in case, and last time i ordered over a year ago i got 3 new cars and spares and saved 300 quid

bigred5765
06-02-2008, 06:51 PM
You forget that there is an import duty of 8% then you add that to the invoice total (including shipping) and then calculate the VAT.

$219 + 8% ($17.52)= $236.52

$236.52 + 17.5% (41.39) = $277.91 (142)

This is not including shipping costs

PS
import duty isn't paid on personnel imports
and its only 2%

Darren Boyle
06-02-2008, 06:52 PM
300 is def a nice big saving but not everyone I suppose can affors to buy three cars and a load of spares a year in advance. If you dont mind me asking, how much was the total purchase on the three cars and spares for you to save the 300?

bigred5765
06-02-2008, 06:53 PM
and 200 worth of spares from uk
cost less than 130 from the states all in

Darren Boyle
06-02-2008, 06:55 PM
and 200 worth of spares from uk
cost less than 130 from the states all in

Like what, could we have examples?

losixxx
06-02-2008, 06:56 PM
yes darren there is usually a LHS trackside but over the last few season there's such a choice of chassis's running its impossible to carry enough back up spare's for every chassis...and the worst thing in the world is to be racing break something and can't get the part. it happened to me a few years back but never again...

my last order to USA total $380 @ $2.03 to the via paypal

uk RRP 332 enough said

losixxx
06-02-2008, 06:58 PM

Darren your intelegent you know were people buy them from so why ask!

Darren Boyle
06-02-2008, 06:59 PM
Yeah but what parts though? I dont mean were from (of course I know the usual outlets) I mean what parts and at what individual prices, only if its not too much trouble that is.

losixxx
06-02-2008, 07:00 PM
near enough everything on his vast site!:thumbsup:

Darren Boyle
06-02-2008, 07:02 PM
Not the answer I hoped for, I was looking to see comparisions, try comparing some of the new stuff like I mentioned earlier in the thread, the prices are not thta much cheaper now!!!

losixxx
06-02-2008, 07:09 PM
you do it then m8 and publish a list, think you will find they are.

bigred5765
06-02-2008, 07:17 PM
300 is def a nice big saving but not everyone I suppose can affors to buy three cars and a load of spares a year in advance. If you dont mind me asking, how much was the total purchase on the three cars and spares for you to save the 300?

2x xx4we
1 xxxcr
enough spares for a year wheels wishbones etc
total was $1200
inc postage vat etc
just a quick note
xx4we front wishbones graphite $10.37 = 5.29
uk prices from ur site Losi A9735 Graphite front wishbones (XX4) 15.75
10 quid saving wow

bigred5765
06-02-2008, 07:23 PM

taken from ur own site ]
Losi A9740 Graphite front shock tower (XX4 WE) 14.75
LOSA9740 FR Shock Tower Graph:XX4
[ 11 in stock]
PRICE: $9.54
10quid cheaper

Losi A9735 Graphite front wishbones (XX4) 15.75
LOSA9735 FR A-Arms,Graph/Comp:XX4
[ 9 in stock]
PRICE: $10.37
10 quid saving again

Losi A9802 Graphite rear wishbones (XX, XXX, XX4 or XXX4) 11.99

LOSA9802 R Arms,Graphite:XXCR,XX4,XXX
[ 9 in stock]
PRICE: $9.54
so buy 4 front wish bones two rears
saves me 60 not hard to see how to save 200 quid is it

ashleyb4
06-02-2008, 08:19 PM
I didnt really think about dms until after ide bought it off ebay and i wasnt exspecting to encounter customs charges as ive spent alot more than this before and i never did.

A

bigred5765
06-02-2008, 08:30 PM
depends were u get it from
japan usually no worries
small packets some times get through but hey so what u got it cheaper than u would usually anyway

Darren Boyle
06-02-2008, 08:45 PM
Sorry I have not replied for an hour or so, had to pop out to footie!

Thanks for taking the time to show me those, you are quite correct "they" are all a LOT cheaper, but I did mention earlier in the thread that all the XX4 parts were going to be higher for the reasons I outlined, also I forget to mention when I explained earlier that dont forget all the XX4 parts were also priced when the exchange rate was far more in the favour of the US (1999/2000 - 1.5$ to a pound). The UK public screamed for the re-release of the XX4 when the yanks did not want it (they all still ran the XXX4 and prefeered it, look at Truhe at the last worlds) so we got that last batch of the car again but the spares all came back too at 1998 prices as well.

With the three spares you chose (A9735, A9740 and A9802, which are all for the XX4 - a discontinued car now) they are all cheap, all agreed. But the prices you quote (probably Losi Parts House or similiar) are not the RRp prices for those parts. A9735 @$10.37 is actually $12.50, A9740 @$9.54 is $11.50 and A9802 @9.54 is also $12.50. With the discounts we give on many of OUR lines the prices are chaeper then RRP too. All our spares are at RRP (as are most shops, nothing special there to be honest). BUT as I did mention earlier have a little compare on the new (current and not out of date) stuff, here are some comparisons (all from Horizon Hobby US site)

A1112 - front arms XXX CR - US $6.50 - UK 4.09
A2100 - Rear tower XXX CR - US $7.00 - UK 4.09
A2132 - Rear arms XXX CR - US $7.00 - UK 5.89
A4104 - Chassis XXX CR - US $24.99 - UK 13.25

Now as you can see and I hope you agree they are all a lot more appealing!!!!

The XXXCR at the momnet is $225 (US RRP $370 so approx 115 + VAT/Duty and shipping etc) but here in the UK it is 199.95 (RRP 225) which with the additions (VAT, Duty and Shipping) only works out about 25/35 cheaper, is that really worth it and that bad over here??

Dont forget also that the prices you showed earlier they still would need the duty and VAT adding to them, so they would not be quite so cheap as saving a tenner a packet! Probably closer to 6/7 (which is still a LOT) but not quite as fairytale as pherhaps you first thought

Add into it you parted with a LARGE wedge of money for a years worth up front, then again it does not look "quite" as good.

It is easy for people to get carried away and think they are saving a bundle when in fact when worked out it is not as big as some poeple think!!

Darren Boyle
06-02-2008, 08:48 PM
but hey so what u got it cheaper than u would usually anyway

Did he? Ash hasnt posted the price he paid yet and I think we are all under the impression that he did not save money but actually spent more (which was what started the debate off, is it actually cheaper from the US)

strobe
06-02-2008, 08:53 PM
Will DMS be doing any deals on 2008 spec batteries that we can use at This years nationals. These were released last week by the BRCA Electric Board.

bigred5765
06-02-2008, 08:54 PM
The XXXCR at the momnet is $225 (US RRP $370 so approx 115 + VAT/Duty and shipping etc) but here in the UK it is 199.95 (RRP 225) which with the additions (VAT, Duty and Shipping) only works out about 25/35 cheaper, is that really worth it and that bad over here??

25 30 quid yeh it is, i would walk there and back for 30 quid

Dont forget also that the prices you showed earlier they still would need the duty and VAT adding to them, so they would not be quite so cheap as saving a tenner a packet! Probably closer to 6/7 (which is still a LOT) but not quite as fairytale as pherhaps you first thought

still have to pay postage if i bought from you in the uk
so forget that
and 7 times 7 49 god sounds good to me
i mean come on you know we all would love to support uk shops
and its not the shops that need there asses chewing is it
i mean who is making the realy money here

ashleyb4
06-02-2008, 08:56 PM
play nicly boys we dont want mr oOple slapping you all.

A

Darren Boyle
06-02-2008, 08:58 PM
Thats Spooky!! I was just about to add all the discount price bundles for the Orion EU 2008 4200 sho cells on to our website as you typed that!!!

Yes we will be, there will be deals ranging from 3 packs to 5 packs on these cells. RRP on them is 60, we will be 54.95 each and as low as 47.50 for bulk (this will be the 5 pack price each)

losixxx
06-02-2008, 09:07 PM
Thought the peak matched one's horizon had were 56.99 RRP which i thought strange as the orion matched RRP is 59.99

Darren Boyle
06-02-2008, 09:10 PM
25 30 quid yeh it is, i would walk there and back for 30 quid
Fair enough, fair play to you, I wouldnt!

still have to pay postage if i bought from you in the uk
so forget that
Yes but P+P from watford is a lot less then the states and also a lot quicker (next day), so I think it is still apperent

and 7 times 7 49 god sounds good to me It is good, I agreed that it was, but that is on those older over priced XX4 bits not on the CR bits that I used as examples to be fair.

i mean come on you know we all would love to support uk shops
What we like to hear and to be honest most people doif they can!

and its not the shops that need there asses chewing is it
i mean who is making the realy money here
No of course we only sell at the price that is set by the importer but the distributors too are not always the big bad wolf like some people make out

play nicly boys we dont want mr oOple slapping you all
We are "playing" nicely, its good to hear customers/racers views, in a constructive and factual debate. I dont think it id "!heated" or "nasty" but just two (or more) differing opinions. I have not been rude in my posts and nor have LosiXXX or Big Red in theirs, they have just tried to justoify why they do what they do.

Ash you should get the slap for starting the thread!!! LOL

(Jimmy, if of course anything you feel IS out of bounds, delete away mate!!!)

Darren Boyle
06-02-2008, 09:14 PM
Thought the peak matched one's horizon had were 56 RRP We have not had a price through from Horizon yet on the Peak versions, the only ones we have at present are the Orion (same thing different box) and the RRP on those has been set at 60 (sorry I did put 61 earlier). My mian concern is the trade price though, cells have been seen before at 55 but actually cost us more than a pack at 60, so we can sell the 60 for less!! (great fun being in this business somtimes)

Where did you hear the Peak RRP price? Since they dont have one yet AFAIK (not sure if they are getting them)

losixxx
06-02-2008, 09:55 PM
supprised m8, ;) horizon had them in for a few week's now

martboy21
06-02-2008, 09:57 PM
dms have you any ft rc18b in stock mate?

Darren Boyle
06-02-2008, 10:08 PM
supprised m8, ;) horizon had them in for a few week's now
Only for team drivers at the moment to test evaluate etc etc, none for the shops yet though (fresh info from Spashett himself this morning before he flew out to the toy fair!)

dms have you any ft rc18b in stock mate? Apparently we had four shipped out from CML this afternoon as well as some RC18T's too (should get them tommorow some time)

losixxx
06-02-2008, 10:12 PM
your getting duff info from dave;)

Darren Boyle
06-02-2008, 10:14 PM
Why do you say that, what shop has stock of Peak SHO 4200's supplied by Horizon? (The newest EU2008 version)

tyreman
06-02-2008, 11:50 PM
Alright Darren

I think Losixxx is refering to the fact I have had mine for a few weeks now, but not having all of the facts.
I personally didn't know if they were in the shops yet, mine were sent out the day they came in.

Darren Boyle
07-02-2008, 02:33 AM
Yep I knew you had some Brian, so has Chris Delves, Dave Ringsall and Keith Helmke and Spash himself has four packs (not that I know anything!!)

He has said 30 packs came in , in total and were all sent out to team drivers (like yourself) but no shops have had them yet (or if they have they have ordered them as team cells and then put them on the shelf (tut tut) which was why I was interested to know who!

Early feedback is that touring car drivers are struggling a little with duration on them, especially those in mod, but the two off road guys who had them (you and one other) have both apparantly said to Dave that they are very good, especialy in 2wd. Thats the feedback Dave tells me you have provided him with anyway, true or not?

tyreman
07-02-2008, 07:18 AM
I've used them in both 2 & 4wd now and they are really good, with plenty of voltage.
I used a pack of my cells from the euros (ib4200wc) first, then the new cells and the new cells had more punch, but they maintained that for the full 5 minutes, without any drop off.
As for duration it's not been an issue, in 4wd as I left them for a week, without doing anything to them, discharged them Sunday morning and they still had over 1000mha in them.
So it looks like they are holding there charge through the week, like GP's did.
Plus they are 40g lighter than most cells.

losixxx
07-02-2008, 07:56 AM
Alright Darren

I think Losixxx is refering to the fact I have had mine for a few weeks now, but not having all of the facts.
I personally didn't know if they were in the shops yet, mine were sent out the day they came in.

bri your assumtion is wrong, unless horizon are telling porky's to shop's.
i spoke to horizon on monday the 28th jan and was told the part number the retail/trade and that they had plenty of stock if we wanted to place an order for immediate shipping...

ps darren i never said in any post a shop had them in!! just horizon have!

Darren Boyle
07-02-2008, 11:33 AM
i spoke to horizon on monday the 28th jan and was told the part number the retail/trade and that they had plenty of stock if we wanted to place an order for immediate shipping...
You might of spoke to Linda or John in sales, who will only check the computer, when you walk around the warehouse (as I did last wednesday) they are not in the "bay location" the computer states (they are upstairs on the "team deck") only for team drivers "at the moment". Fresh stock should arrive close to the end of the "Toy Fair" in germany (next week)
The computer might show them in stock, but when they go to pick them, they aint there!!!

ps darren i never said in any post a shop had them in!! just horizon have! They do often have stuff on the computer, but not ALL of it is ready for trade sale some is for team use etc, like this first batch of cells, can be confusing if you phone them and dont get to speak to the right people who are in the know.

So with access to trade prices and the ability to be able to order I assume you either work in or are in the trade then, so why order from the US yourself? Just curious, surely UK trade is more beneficail for you (XX4 parts exempt of course)