PDA

View Full Version : Are there any mechanics on here audi?

Cr3Ad
06-09-2011, 10:45 PM
i have an audi a4 b5 avant my fan belt has caught the air con high pressure switch wire near the radiator, its shorted the fuse that works the heater blower and other ac parts, ive issolated the shorted wire up to the point were it goes in the wing after there im lost i need to locate the wire inside the car to make sure its not melted and issolate it does anybody have access to a manuel or wire diagrams for the interior wiring for my car thank you if you can help:cry:

LRP
06-09-2011, 11:00 PM
hi if the the wire is not melted at the point of the short ,it should be fine in the car, the fuse should be smaller amp rating than the wire , so it shouldnt have melted unless the fuse was too big,
use a lower rated fuse and power the ac on low to see if anymore faults a cur, if ok use correct amp fuse , never go higher

Cr3Ad
07-09-2011, 04:30 AM
the fuse used in the line is a 30amp fuse so its very high to start with, also from the short to back to were ive issolated it so far there are several melted points along the wire making it abit more conserning if its backed up into the car.
thank you for your reply,, even though the line needs the 30amp fuse i understand its for the blower motor because of the more voltage drawn to initially start it would droping the fuse size not just blow anyway when the motor draws amp?