PDA

View Full Version : Plumbers out there- advice required

B4 Sloth
07-09-2011, 11:13 AM
I fit a gravity fed shower system yesterday.

I have not added a pump as I hate the noise they make.

Whilst the flow is ok i wish it had a bit more oomf. If raise the header tank a couple of feet or so (its in the loft) will this make much difference?

Figure that a mornings work, a bit of timber that i have kicking about, couple of soldered joints and all done for under a tenner.

A pump would obviously cost in excess of 100 quid and i would have to mess about wiring it in and is beyond my comfort zone:cry:

Thanks ooplers

Rebelrc
07-09-2011, 11:34 AM
Hey sloth
Yes would help a little . To extend the plumbing why not use push fit conector joints?
Pumps are easy as well as they are usually supplied with push fit or compression fittings so that is easy and I think can be run by means of three pin plug or fused spur
Hope this helps

B4 Sloth
07-09-2011, 12:54 PM
After the cheaper alternative, as whatever we have picked has turned out to be the most expensive:cry:

I have no experience of push fit connections and have always soldered or used compression fixings. Copper is so expensive that i may opt for the push fit. My only concern is if they will stand the test of time. Copper pipes certainly do.

Hopefully mrs sloth will not watch any home improvement programmes for a bit:lol:, i have had enough of tiles, plumbing, paint and mastic for 2011 at least.