PDA

View Full Version : What should I get?

LEGEND
06-02-2008, 08:50 PM
At the moment i have a choice of things that i could get. Here is a little list:

- 1/8th scale nitro car
- 1/10th scale 4wd car
- 50/110cc Mini moto

I am truly thinking about the mini moto as i have just had a go with my uncle's and i think they are truly awsome. But my mum is really agains't the idea, i wonder why.:lol: But the only downside is that there aren't many places i would be able to run it, but other than that i am almost sold.

josh_smaxx
06-02-2008, 09:50 PM
Glenn is selling an RTR hyper 8 :thumbsup:

LEGEND
06-02-2008, 10:49 PM
Yeah i know but that is £250. I can get a really decent mini moto for about £100.

Chrislong
06-02-2008, 10:52 PM
A friend of mine smashed his ankle to bits on a Mini-moto, leant over to turn during a race and heal dug into the ground and threw him off... bike sold cheap (£100 LOL)

get a 4wd! :thumbsup:

PaulRotheram
06-02-2008, 10:52 PM
I think you've already made your mind up.. but why not look at getting a D4 ;)

xx4-nutter
06-02-2008, 11:03 PM
rather than say buy this car cos its cool or buy that car cos its cool... what 4wd car would you like to try ?

nitro touring car racing looks like awsome fun but blowing an engine isnt the same as breaking a brushless motor or brushed motor, plus race meetings and fuel and having somone to pit for you could be tricky and very costly.

the most sensible option is to stick to what you know try differnt cars and such, staying with 10th scale electric has to be where its at for now with all these exiting new cars and lipo packs available makes things more fun !

just waiting back a few more weeks theres around 3 more cars as youre more than aware coming onto the market...

;)

LEGEND
07-02-2008, 08:26 AM
Well I have always fancied trying out a belt driven car like a yokom mr4bx. But the only thing is it can be quite exspensive if you break something. But other than that i think they look great.:)

xx4-nutter
07-02-2008, 03:22 PM
Well I have always fancied trying out a belt driven car like a yokom mr4bx. But the only thing is it can be quite exspensive if you break something. But other than that i think they look great.:)

parts wise if you order from over seas from some places parts work out a little cheaper for arms and such, regarding shock towers and such for the car you could always get in touch with John at Atomic Carbon to make you some stronger front and rear towers ! or double up a front tower like most have done...

if i where you id wait a few weeks until the better pictures of the newer cars come out :)

josh_smaxx
07-02-2008, 04:48 PM
If you want to try nitro TC i have one for sale :thumbsup:

Chris Harte
07-02-2008, 05:02 PM
Mini Motos in Ingelby Barwick. When do you ever see that!:D You will be the first in Ingelby to have one.

LEGEND
07-02-2008, 05:39 PM
It wouldn't be actually. I know quite a few people that own mini moto's that live in ingleby barwick. Then just don't get out on them much.:thumbsup:

Chequered Flag Racing
07-02-2008, 05:47 PM
I know quite a few people that own mini moto's that live in ingleby barwick. Then just don't get out on them much.:thumbsup:

Isn't that because the http://www.fs.fed.us/lei/graphics/copcar2.gif have the powers to seize them if seen

LEGEND
07-02-2008, 06:02 PM
You know what Glenn. You could be onto somethnig there.:lol:

Lee
07-02-2008, 06:04 PM
When i was offshore i was told about a wife swapping ring that was in ingleby barwick, it came to an abrupt end though when a copper came home to find his mrs with another swapper, he killed them both:lol:

What a spoil sport:lol:

xx4-nutter
07-02-2008, 06:07 PM
haha ! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: