PDA

View Full Version : building big bore shocks

zippy
09-09-2011, 06:04 PM
hi.im having trouble with building my big bore shocks.i build them as the manual says but im still getting air in them i thick ! this seems to make the rear very soft and bouncy and when the shocks are pushed down they make a sqishy noise :confused: can someone tell me how to build a good set of shocks thanks zip :thumbsup:

/tobys
09-09-2011, 06:07 PM
1) Fill with oil to the bottom of the thread
2) Screw cartridge all the way in
3) Back cartride off 1 full turn
4) Push shock shaft all the way in
5) Tighten cartridge fully
6) Bake for 2 hrs at gas mark 6 (joke :p)

HTH :thumbsup:

tomtom
09-09-2011, 06:09 PM
Check YouTube, there is a How-to on them.

Have to say these (small bore for me) are the easiest to fill and setup.
Awesome shocks.

zippy
09-09-2011, 07:48 PM
hi ive just made them as you said and the noise has gone :thumbsup: the springs are rear yellow 5 hole piston 25wt oil / fronts springs pink 5 hole piston 40wt oil. the front is fine but the rear seems VERY soft is that how they are surposed to be ? ive looked on peoples set up sets and thats wot im running cheers zip :eh?:

RogerM
10-09-2011, 11:20 AM
What surface are you running on and how do you like a car to feel?

With that info I will do my best to help you with a starting setup

zippy
10-09-2011, 02:35 PM
hi rogerm i race at stotfold /eden park/coventry (astro) i like the car to have a harder front end than the rear no rebound the set up i have at the min just seems to soft (set up as above) i would like it so it don,t bounce around ever were :) thanks zip

RogerM
10-09-2011, 04:18 PM
I'll try to post when on a real PC ... phone just dropped tiwce :(

Start with std 5x1.3 in the front, 35-40wt, Losi Green spring
5x1.4 (drilled from std) in rear with 25wt, Kyosho / X-gear RED (or Losi Pink as VERY close)

Run that with your normal setup and work from there ... please get back to me with full setup details and I'll try to help you from there :0

corsair
12-09-2011, 03:51 PM
hi.im having trouble with building my big bore shocks.i build them as the manual says but im still getting air in them i thick ! this seems to make the rear very soft and bouncy and when the shocks are pushed down they make a sqishy noise :confused: can someone tell me how to build a good set of shocks thanks zip :thumbsup:

These are emulsion shocks.
Google that, and you would know you've done nothing wrong.