PDA

View Full Version : 6 Hour Charity Team Race - 9th Oct

RobW
10-09-2011, 12:32 PM
Following the committee meeting last night we would like to announce that we will be running a team race on Sunday 9th Oct with £2 of each entry fee going to the chosen charity of the winning team.

This first attempt is intended to be a simple and fun club event with everyone using their own cars in teams of 6 to 8.

We will restrict to the first 10 teams to complete the entry form and pay the entry fees - £10 per person. We will issue the entry form in the next day or 2 once we have put one together with details of where to send – probably either give in to race control at a future race meeting to send to Mike. Closing date for entries will be 1 week before the event, so Sunday 2nd Oct.

Mike is looking at the best solution re transponders and we’ll let you know as soon as we know.

Simple rules including criteria for teams will be on the entry form but in summary:

1. Teams to be between 6 and 8 drivers.

2. Maximum 1 car per driver.

3. Mixed 2 and 4WD teams acceptable.

4. Race duration 6 hours – planned for 10.00am to 4.00pm – no breaks.

5. Each team will be responsible for covering one allocated marshalling spot throughout event.

6. No team to have a cumulative ability score higher than:

For 6 driver teams - 64.
For 7 driver teams – 75
For 8 driver teams – 85

Your individual ability score is the most qualifying laps you have achieved in the class (2/4WD) you will be running in the team race. For example, if your previous best qualifying time is 10 laps in 2WD and you intend running 2WD in the team race, then your ability score is 10. For example, a 6 driver teams could be made up of 4 drivers with personal best of 11 laps and 2 with personal bests of 10 laps. If you have not raced previously at TORCH, we’ll have to come up with an estimate. This is not meant to be a highly accurate way of grading drivers – it is a simple approach to encourage mixed ability teams.

We’ll post more info as we have it and try and answer your questions on this thread but please no suggestions involving making it more complicated.:)

Let’s start getting those teams together!!:thumbsup:

Rob

Steve.T
11-09-2011, 08:08 AM
I would like to take part if any teams need a driver

RobW
13-09-2011, 07:46 PM
Entry form attached. Please submit completed entry forms to committee member or race control by 2nd Oct latest. First 10 teams only.

I'll try and post details of teams as I get them.

Please use this thread to let people know of space in your teams.

Cheers

Rob

dibble34
13-09-2011, 08:04 PM
I'm in Rob, so is Tony. Can we get you a full list and bring on Sunday? Need to check with Cammers and the other durango boys :) Defo would like to put a team in though if we can provisionally book

mikeyscott
13-09-2011, 08:15 PM
I'm in too.

robelmes
13-09-2011, 08:19 PM
me too:thumbsup:

The Chef
13-09-2011, 08:20 PM
I'm in :thumbsup:

dibble34
13-09-2011, 08:21 PM
Could be a right laugh :thumbsup: Will need to drive slowly so will suit wylie:woot:

mikeyscott
13-09-2011, 08:34 PM
Could be a right laugh :thumbsup: Will need to drive slowly so will suit wylie:woot:

If his gearbox lasts :p

jim76
13-09-2011, 09:36 PM
i will try and drum up a south east team at the F3's this weekend. Otherwise i will be looking for a spare slot to jump into!

mikeyscott
13-09-2011, 09:45 PM
Steve and I are at the F345s this weekend - just hope it's not going to be wet!

jim76
13-09-2011, 09:52 PM
Steve and I are at the F345s this weekend - just hope it's not going to be wet!

not representing the south east this time though?!
booooooooo!!!! lol
:woot:

The Chef
13-09-2011, 10:08 PM
Me and Freddie are in. What about the rest of team useless? That should make 5 then we need 1 more?:thumbsup:

billyboy9002
14-09-2011, 01:20 PM
Me and Adam are in for team useless, I think Dean is in also

Possibility of dudders joining us?

Dudders
14-09-2011, 03:30 PM
I'm in if I'm allowed out :thumbsup:

Deano577
14-09-2011, 04:57 PM
I'm in if I'm allowed out :thumbsup:

Are you in with team useless then neil :thumbsup: at least won't be able to crash into you :)
I think we got a possible 8 drivers

billyboy9002
14-09-2011, 05:12 PM
How do we have 8 Dean?

Dudders
14-09-2011, 05:13 PM
:woot: That is the only main advantage!

On a seriously serious note, hold off on me for a bit as I need to think aout Adam... :thumbsup:

robelmes
14-09-2011, 06:29 PM
think Pip and myself are in with dean, kristian ect???

billyboy9002
14-09-2011, 07:00 PM
cool, cheers rob

Deano577
14-09-2011, 10:07 PM
think Pip and myself are in with dean, kristian ect???
Yep defo can you pm billyboy you pt numbers

robelmes
14-09-2011, 10:17 PM
done:thumbsup:

Getpip
15-09-2011, 09:03 AM
Am I in?
Do you need my PT no.?

mikeyscott
15-09-2011, 09:12 AM
"Model Cars Reading" have submitted their team, once I'm back from the F345s this weekend I'll start to pull it together in BBK etc.

Still need an answer from Mr BBK re team events.

Chris-S
15-09-2011, 09:34 AM
"Model Cars Reading" have submitted their team, once I'm back from the F345s this weekend I'll start to pull it together in BBK etc.

Still need an answer from Mr BBK re team events.

As soon as I know all the PT numbers, I'll get them sent to you.

Deano577
15-09-2011, 11:38 AM
Am I in?
Do you need my PT no.?

Please can you send your details to billyboy9002 as per the entry form pt number average lap etc

Streeter
15-09-2011, 11:00 PM
:woot: That is the only main advantage!

On a seriously serious note, hold off on me for a bit as I need to think aout Adam... :thumbsup:

Are you and Adam in a team or do you need another driver?

Dudders
16-09-2011, 02:24 PM
I'm holding of entering for the moment as not sure we'll be around yet.:thumbdown:

gwesty
16-09-2011, 02:38 PM
mikey , we are going to put in a team so will call you next week

mikeyscott
16-09-2011, 02:59 PM
mikey , we are going to put in a team so will call you next week

Glenn, remember you'll have to get a team that meets Rob's scoring team.

Already got a pretty good team submitted, which I'll be researching ability via other club results!

dibble34
19-09-2011, 07:29 PM
Can no longer submit a team :thumbdown:. Clanfield boys are doing the first day of their winter series on the same day. Anyone need a driver?

SteveB
19-09-2011, 08:22 PM
Can no longer submit a team :thumbdown:. Clanfield boys are doing the first day of their winter series on the same day. Anyone need a driver?

Chaps

If people what to run, and are struggling to build a team, I would suggest maybe some team captains are named and post which team u wish to race with?

A suggestion, I'm more than welcome put my name forwards for a team captain and first cone first serve? Mike might be a team captain, dan etc

Let me know your thoughts?

Deano577
19-09-2011, 08:32 PM
How many teams have entered I think craig has sent in our teAm??

dibble34
19-09-2011, 09:22 PM
Chaps

If people what to run, and are struggling to build a team, I would suggest maybe some team captains are named and post which team u wish to race with?

A suggestion, I'm more than welcome put my name forwards for a team captain and first cone first serve? Mike might be a team captain, dan etc

Let me know your thoughts?

Sounds like a good idea to me Steve.

RobW
19-09-2011, 09:49 PM
Ok, so far I have a team of:

Me - Rob Warren (11)
Jack Warren (10)
John Abbott (11)
James Penson (11)

Driver ability number in brackets.

So we need another 2 to 4 drivers - PM me or see me Sunday if you want to join this very select band of drivers:thumbsup: Rather have drivers looking to have fun over winning.:):)

Rob

RobW
19-09-2011, 09:55 PM
How many teams have entered I think craig has sent in our teAm??

Craig did contact me about e-mailing an entry but I've not actually received anything yet.

I'll speak to Mike at the weekend and see if we can start listing the confirmed entries once we have received them so people can see how the teams are shaping up.

Rob

ASKay
19-09-2011, 10:17 PM
If any team is looking for a 9 (W) lapper who's driving can only get better over the 6 hour period, then I am ya man.... blatantly, for obvious reasons I am not in it too win it :woot:, however my car does at present look very nice:thumbsup:

so if you have too much brilliance on your team, then why not balance it out with some 1/brilliance

Deano577
20-09-2011, 06:06 AM
Craig did contact me about e-mailing an entry but I've not actually received anything yet.

I'll speak to Mike at the weekend and see if we can start listing the confirmed entries once we have received them so people can see how the teams are shaping up.

Rob

Hi rob
ok I will chase him up as we don't won't to miss out
team useless is
me 10 laps
rob elmes 11
pip pulen 10 ?
Adam mason 10
craig Hilton 9
neil randel 10
kristen Minster 10
freddie ?

billyboy9002
20-09-2011, 12:37 PM
Will be sent tonight as I am still waiting
For freddies and pips pt numbers

billyboy9002
21-09-2011, 03:19 PM
I sent our entry form to robs email address last night
So hopefully we will have a place

Deano577
21-09-2011, 03:59 PM
I sent our entry form to robs email address last night
So hopefully we will have a place

Nice one cragio c u Sunday

Steve.T
26-09-2011, 11:13 PM
If anyone needs a driver I would like to drive

mikeyscott
29-09-2011, 05:35 PM
Ok having not heard anything back from Rob at BBK it's starting to look like one PT per team.

stumpiey
29-09-2011, 06:18 PM
Ok having not had anything back from Rob at BBK it's starting to look like one PT per team.

looks like it will be velcro for the fitting of shells then:D

RobW
29-09-2011, 06:54 PM
looks like it will be velcro for the fitting of shells then:D

Not the best news as it means swapping over PTs at each changeover. Just to make it fair it is going to have to mean each team only using one PT, no duplicates, otherwise a team with a couple of PTs with the same number will be at a significant advantage come changover time.

Suggest teams get hold of servo extension leads (about £6 for 10 on ebay if you order them quick) so you can plug PTs into lead rather than direct to receivers at changeover. Velco to hold them down in each car might also be a good idea.

Not had time to list out team drivers yet but think we are upto about 6 teams and still a few drivers looking for teams so all looking good.

Rob

Dudders
29-09-2011, 06:57 PM
Not the best news as it means swapping over PTs at each changeover. Just to make it fair it is going to have to mean each team only using one PT, no duplicates, otherwise a team with a couple of PTs with the same number will be at a significant advantage come changover time.

Suggest teams get hold of servo extension leads (about £6 for 10 on ebay if you order them quick) so you can plug PTs into lead rather than direct to receivers at changeover. Velco to hold them down in each car might also be a good idea.

Not had time to list out team drivers yet but think we are upto about 6 teams and still a few drivers looking for teams so all looking good.

Rob

Yes but suggest TORCH have a dedicated person to watch changeover in a set area BUT also have a 1 minute statuatory change over period, this way, not rushing, pushing, panic etc etc.

mikeyscott
29-09-2011, 07:06 PM
Unless Rob at BBK comes back to me that's how we'll run it.

I have been indicated by others that it's possible to do, but as of yet I am unable to get it to work. I did hear last night that modification of some of the ini config files is required.

Dudders
29-09-2011, 07:07 PM
Timed pit stop (simple stop watch) is the way to go.

As an aside, have you telephone Rob?

mikeyscott
29-09-2011, 07:09 PM
As an aside, have you telephone Rob?

Yes and I believe he has been/is away

I will be trying to contact him again, but essentially I need to get things all ship shape re setting it all up.

Dudders
29-09-2011, 07:15 PM
Accodring to fb he's home...

mikeyscott
29-09-2011, 07:17 PM
Accodring to fb he's home...

Ah well I'll try contacting him tomorrow.

mikeyscott
29-09-2011, 07:46 PM
People needing a team - http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81730

mikeyscott
29-09-2011, 08:19 PM
Do I get a handicap for rolling with a vintage machine ;)

mikeyscott
30-09-2011, 09:39 AM
Rob hasn't been very well and has come back to me. So get well soon Rob and thank you :)

He's provided me an answer for how to do this - i.e. multiple PTs assigned to a team.

I do need to test this so may be looking for a few volunteers after racing on Sunday.

mikeyscott
30-09-2011, 09:56 AM
Team details to RobW or info@torchracing.org.uk

Robbiejuk
30-09-2011, 01:38 PM
Rob hasn't been very well and has come back to me. So get well soon Rob and thank you :)

He's provided me an answer for how to do this - i.e. multiple PTs assigned to a team.

I do need to test this so may be looking for a few volunteers after racing on Sunday.

I have just tested this in my living room. Grouped 5 handout transponders, although personals will work just fine, as a transponder group and started off a race, I tried all transponders more than once and it counted them all as the same driver, it even took into account the minium lap time and so I had to wait until that time had passed before I could swipe them again.

It works fine :-) good luck with your event guys :thumbsup:

stumpiey
30-09-2011, 02:44 PM
nice one, loving your work:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumb sup::thumbsup:

AmiSMB
30-09-2011, 04:06 PM
Mike I have tried the transponder group system and it works. You can have up to 20 teams T1 through to T20 and you just go into the view where you can see all of the transponders and right mouse click the transponder number and left mouse click assign to group and select T1 to T20. The number corresponds to the car number in the heat.

mikeyscott
30-09-2011, 04:13 PM
Mike I have tried the transponder group system and it works. You can have up to 20 teams T1 through to T20 and you just go into the view where you can see all of the transponders and right mouse click the transponder number and left mouse click assign to group and select T1 through to T20 then you just assign that transponder group to an entry.

Hi
Yup sussed it all out, cheers :)

First time I've played with the grouping feature etc.

Mike

ASKay
30-09-2011, 04:22 PM
I have just tested this in my living room. Grouped 5 handout transponders, although personals will work just fine, as a transponder group and started off a race, I tried all transponders more than once and it counted them all as the same driver, it even took into account the minium lap time and so I had to wait until that time had passed before I could swipe them again.

It works fine :-) good luck with your event guys :thumbsup:

YOU STAR!!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

lordnikon
30-09-2011, 04:23 PM
Sounds like a plan, will send the transponder details onto Simon to add to the application form. :thumbsup:

Deano577
03-10-2011, 07:28 PM
What's the latest on the 6hr how many teams etc

mikeyscott
03-10-2011, 07:30 PM
Hand out transponders can also be allocated to a team if required.

jim76
03-10-2011, 07:32 PM
gutted i don't think i will make this now. New cars won't be here in time.
And i got myself a PT the other week specially for it!!

Hope it become an annual event so i can come next year!

mikeyscott
03-10-2011, 07:33 PM
What happened to your trusty SX2??

jim76
03-10-2011, 07:38 PM
it's getting replaced!

mikeyscott
03-10-2011, 07:41 PM
Just had an updated Team - Model Cars Reading

Name
Driver 1 Chris Slevin
Driver 2 Kevin Brunsden
Driver 3 Steve Brunsden
Driver 4 Paul Taylor
Driver 5 Dave Saul
Driver 6 Callum Niblett

Callum will teach the juniors and adults how it's done lol

mikeyscott
03-10-2011, 07:42 PM
it's getting replaced!

One final meeting ;)

What do you race with, spektrum?

Randall34
03-10-2011, 07:55 PM
Has the format for the event been sorted out yet? I gather that PTs will be registered to your team. So how will driver changeover happen, Ten teams means a possible 20 drivers and cars on at once. Will there be a defined changeover (i.e. 1min in the box before the next driver can go) after a 7 - 10min run??. Will there be a changeover zone etc?
Just a few things to think about so we don't have to on the day.
Neil

ASKay
03-10-2011, 08:23 PM
1min in the box seem a good way of avoiding ppl rushing on and off the rostrum (H&S and all of that)

SteveB
03-10-2011, 08:41 PM
1min in the box seem a good way of avoiding ppl rushing on and off the rostrum (H&S and all of that)

Rob Warren will clear up the rules but one person off the rostrum one person up on change over with people at bottom of rostrum, tbc but your team will remove car in start area tbc and replace with next car, we will need to make a slight change to the track but only to give a small pit lane

It's a bit of fun but looks good for a team event atmosphere build up, what can happen? :thumbsup: what team can will? my estimates u will each get between 8 - 12 runs so reliable cars is a must, more will be revealed lol

Dudders
03-10-2011, 08:43 PM
Good luck with this guys, I'm out of this one.

RobW
04-10-2011, 08:08 AM
Has the format for the event been sorted out yet? I gather that PTs will be registered to your team. So how will driver changeover happen, Ten teams means a possible 20 drivers and cars on at once. Will there be a defined changeover (i.e. 1min in the box before the next driver can go) after a 7 - 10min run??. Will there be a changeover zone etc?
Just a few things to think about so we don't have to on the day.
Neil

Hi Neil

Latest is:

Still 6 teams as per my previous post on "Drivers with teams" thread. Couple of driver changes. We may end up with another team or two if people turn up without a team.

Mike has sorted the transponder issue - both PTs and handouts can be linked to a team.

We will create a changeover point where the current start line is (move the piping along to create a much wider entry point) where cars will need to be swapped over - both cars need to be in changeover zone at the changeover point. If a car breaks out on the track, it needs to be bought back to the changeover point - the replacement car cannot leave until the broken car is placed in the changeover point.

No minimum swap-over time as I do not expect many volunteers to want to stand with a stop-watch for 6 hours.

Only one driver from any team on the rostrum at any time - including the steps.

We'll draw lots for team marshalling points and starting points on grid in the morning.

We'll run through all of this at the drivers briefing - please let me know if you think of anything else we need to consider but remember we are looking to keep this simple so nothing that makes it more complicated than it needs to be.

Cheers

Rob

Randall34
04-10-2011, 08:49 AM
All sounds like a plan to me Rob.
Just hope no-one rushes on and off the rostrum, especially if its slippery.
See you there
Neil

billyboy9002
04-10-2011, 09:50 AM
Hi

Phil has dropped out of this now due to it being his folks anniversary.
We are happy to have another driver or run with 7

Cheers

lordnikon
05-10-2011, 02:23 PM
Rob, do you want us all down for 8am still ?? Assuming you guys will need alittle time to mod the track slightly, and then for all the teams to sort out pit areas for each of them, and a drivers briefing for the 10am start ??

RobW
05-10-2011, 03:56 PM
Rob, do you want us all down for 8am still ?? Assuming you guys will need alittle time to mod the track slightly, and then for all the teams to sort out pit areas for each of them, and a drivers briefing for the 10am start ??

Yes, be good if you can get there 8.00ish as we have a few new things to do like book teams in as teams rather than individuals which might take a bit longer than normal. It will also give all the teams a bit of time to organise themselves and we might be putting together a final team for any last minute entries.

It looks like we are going to have similar numbers to a summer series meeting so probably need everyone to park away from edge of track and pit under gazebos in their teams.

I'd like an improvement in weather - BBC currently saying light rain:mad:

Cheers

Rob

maseace
07-10-2011, 12:06 PM
Really looking foward to this and fingers crossed the weather holds out looks better now on the bbc but what do they know.

http://www.oople.com/forums/image.php?u=10363&type=sigpic&dateline=1308948126 :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Also teameseless t shirts will be on there for the guys that have ordered them remeber 10 pound each

The Chef
07-10-2011, 07:16 PM
Hi

Phil has dropped out of this now due to it being his folks anniversary.
We are happy to have another driver or run with 7

Cheers

Run 7 as we'll get more time.:thumbsup:

Deano577
07-10-2011, 07:33 PM

It's a plan have u got your v3 ready? And your other vega ?
We need some team tactics ? Any ideas

The Chef
07-10-2011, 07:57 PM
I might bring the V3 but will be running my Vega. :)

robelmes
07-10-2011, 08:39 PM
Kristian,

bring your SX3 along please, i might need to borrow some parts from it;)

Deano577
07-10-2011, 08:52 PM
Kristian,

Dex210 can you bring if long Sunday so I can hav a look in the flesh u got more cars the the chef

robelmes
07-10-2011, 08:57 PM
dont have it yet mate, its pre ordered but they've been delayed:thumbdown:

The Chef
07-10-2011, 08:57 PM
Kristian,

Will do"):D

Deano577
07-10-2011, 09:04 PM
dont have it yet mate, its pre ordered but they've been delayed:thumbdown:

No wories I cant decide c4.1 or dex210 what do think

robelmes
07-10-2011, 09:16 PM
No wories I cant decide c4.1 or dex210 what do think

DEX210:thumbsup:

mikeyscott
07-10-2011, 09:19 PM
DEX210:thumbsup:

Due next week along with the 2nd batch of DEX410V3

DEX210 ordered with all the option parts :)

Deano577
07-10-2011, 09:24 PM
Looks like dex210 it is then its better value for money than the c4.1

mikeyscott
07-10-2011, 09:26 PM
I think C4.1 is the better car at this stage, but the DEX210 is a the beginning of setup devlopments etc.

mikeyscott
07-10-2011, 09:28 PM
I might be a bit blearing eyed Sunday as it's the Bathurst 1000 this weekend :)

The Chef
07-10-2011, 09:30 PM
Buy an RB5 and save for the vega. Try mine on sunday and tell me your not in love:wub

mikeyscott
07-10-2011, 09:31 PM
Buy an RB5 and save for the vega. Try mine on sunday and tell me your not in love:wub

Superb car, but about twice the price of the DEX210.

I was tempted with one again, but will see what Santa brings.

However look at the national results compare with the C4.1... It's the results that do the talking..

I had a TRF201 Vega, but it would be the RB5 edition I would go for again.

Deano577
07-10-2011, 09:32 PM
Ahhh to many choices lol

mikeyscott
07-10-2011, 09:34 PM
Ahhh to many choices lol

Indeed, plenty of good cars out there.

I sold my Vega as I was able to wheel my SV round quicker. Again another good car, but it's got to be built right. In close to 18 months I never had a diff isssue with it and so forth.

Deano577
07-10-2011, 09:35 PM
Superb car, but about twice the price of the DEX210.

I was tempted with one again, but will see what Santa brings.

However look at the national results compare with the C4.1... It's the results that do the talking..

I had a TRF201 Vega, but it would be the RB5 edition I would go for again.

Dude how many cars you got? You must have Had every single car from dayone?? Fair play

The Chef
07-10-2011, 09:36 PM
No choice Vega. Very easy for a novice like me to drive but more than capable for a top driver too they are pretty quick with them. Expensive yes but build quality is amazing.:thumbsup:

mikeyscott
07-10-2011, 09:36 PM
Dude how many cars you got? You must have Had every single car from dayone?? Fair play

I've had a few and have a few more arriving.

At present I have a TRF511 and XXCR

If i was to wind back to the beginning of the year I'd have stuck with TRF511, ???? and my SV.

Losi 22 and the DEX210 have clearly lowered the value for money benchmark.

Associated still wrapped up the worlds so again the B4 is still a good car.

M.Andrews
07-10-2011, 09:49 PM
I might be a bit blearing eyed Sunday as it's the Bathurst 1000 this weekend :)

Never heard of Bathurst 1000,had a look on you tube and looks good(V8 Aussie touing cars):thumbsup:. What channel are you watching this on Mikey,Eurosport?.
Looking forward to the ENDURO race at TORCH this weekend,should be interesting!.

robelmes
07-10-2011, 10:04 PM
Due next week along with the 2nd batch of DEX410V3

DEX210 ordered with all the option parts :)

what are the option parts??

mikeyscott
07-10-2011, 10:04 PM
Motors TV on Sky

It was Petit Le Mans last weekend :) shame Pug beat Audi :thumbdown:

It's the surfer's paradise event you want to watch in a few weeks :)

Aussie V8 confirms F1 is boring

mikeyscott
07-10-2011, 10:06 PM
what are the option parts??

diff gearbox, alu motor plate, turnbuckles shock mounts and so forth.

on durango site.

SP GT2 Pro, 7.5 Orion, nosram lipos :) & savox 1257 servo

billyboy9002
07-10-2011, 11:25 PM

We are running with 8 now as Terry streeter wanted to join us

The Chef
08-10-2011, 04:27 PM
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a362/swampdub/Picture12.png

Looks like we might be lucky tomorrow.:o

billyboy9002
08-10-2011, 08:03 PM
Is the burger van there tomorrow?

RobW
08-10-2011, 08:23 PM
Is the burger van there tomorrow?

Should be - they said they would be there.

Rob

ASKay
08-10-2011, 09:07 PM
Should be - they said they would be there.

Rob

This just gets better and better.... Bacon as well! :)

mikeyscott
09-10-2011, 04:50 PM
Throughly enjoyed today, thanks to Simon for having me on the RC Lazy team.

Many thanks to RobW for getting the event to where it was re driver registrations, rules etc.

Cheers to the TORCH crew as ever for setting up and so forth.

2012 6 hour race?

Well done to Team Model Cars Reading to winning by 13 seconds!

maseace
09-10-2011, 05:47 PM
Great day must do it again soon and didnt even care we came last

jim76
09-10-2011, 05:50 PM
Put me down for next year.

13 second winning margin after 6 hours?! Thats mad! Normally at least a few laps.

mikeyscott
09-10-2011, 05:54 PM
Put me down for next year.

13 second winning margin after 6 hours?! Thats mad! Normally at least a few laps.

Yes the lead went back and forth Le Mans style.

Audi Vs Pug comes to mind :thumbsup:

Deano577
09-10-2011, 06:09 PM
Top day and well organised, shame we had so many problems good team useless style lol. Thanks to all team useless for some good pitting banter, I'm in for next year...

RobW
09-10-2011, 06:43 PM
Really enjoyed today. 10 min runs meant I think I got the equivalent of 12 5 min runs and it was all racing rather than qualifying most of the day.

Simple rules allowed us to start the computer at 10.00am and then no organising for anyone until we switched it off at 4.00pm. Everyone entered into the spirit and no penalties needed.

I did notice that the situation arose that if your team's car broke near the start of a lap (after the car had cross the timing loop), your team could actually gain time if it was able to get another car started quickly enough. Might have to think about that for future. Also need to clarify the one car/one driver rule to prevent any confusion.

Apart from that I think it all went pretty smooth and the two fastest teams were the ones racing for the win at the end which is how it should be. It could have gone either way but well done to Model Cars Reading:thumbsup:

Rob

ASKay
09-10-2011, 07:10 PM
thanks to all for a great day, and it was GREAT to be part of a team..... thanks to team RCLazy for having me.....

I am definately in for the next one....

Great to see the race for team 1 & 2 going to the wire..... well done everyone for making the day so great....

looking forward to seeing the lap times now..... all of them..... :)

lordnikon
09-10-2011, 07:38 PM
Top day and the weather held off too !

Thanks to Simon and the RCLazy guys for having me, only met at 8am today and had a cracking day. Fair racing and all for charity too. :thumbsup:

Well done to MCR for winning, unbelieveable it came to 13 seconds after 6 hours ! :woot:

robh
09-10-2011, 08:33 PM
topday racing, really enjoyed it.

Haven't done a buggy enduro race for ages:thumbsup:

Format was great just maybe need a few more teams next time, five was good seven would have been excellent.

Well done Model Cars Reading it was so close with team TORCH shed all day.

stumpiey
13-10-2011, 04:25 AM
any photos or results from the day yet ? i think everyone who did it would be up for it again, was a great day :thumbsup:

mikeyscott
21-10-2011, 02:50 PM
I'll get the results up over the weekend, sorry for the delay.

Picture of the top three teams

1ST MCR
2ND TORCH GARAGE
3RD ROB'S TEAM - Can't remember the name.

got a commitee meeting tonight and the money will be paid to the chosen charity which was "Macmillan Cancer Support"

mikeyscott
21-02-2012, 05:34 PM
After some further requests please find charity letter attached.

http://www.michael.scott.btinternet.co.uk/Macmillan.pdf