PDA

View Full Version : setup help

shortcoursegoat
15-09-2011, 11:44 PM
Can someone explain to me please what the different camber links do? ive been trying to set my desc410r up for astroturf and went to team durangos site for setups but everyone is different, some use inner some use outer, some use middle on rear hub some use outer. i understand its down to track an driver preference but if i understood the effects better i could make a better judgement on were they should be.

Also for astro is it better to have the shocks bent over or standing straight up? keep reading different ideas on this.

My main problem is traction rolling on entry to mid corner, cant tell if its on exit also as never make it that far without being up on 2 wheels.

Any help most appreciated so i can try an tame this beast down a bit

ian h
15-09-2011, 11:57 PM
http://users.telenet.be/elvo/

Have a read of this, can only help.

jaffacake
16-09-2011, 07:16 AM
You hit the nail on the head! 'everyones set ups are different' even for the same track
Golden rule i have been taught,find a set up that YOU are comfortable with,change one thing at a time, for instance change from the top hole to bottom hole on the camber link,extreme change like that will teach you what the car does between the two differences, get a pen & paper & write what the changes are
that way you can refer back to a note made & think ahhh i need more of that on this track or less, im rambling now but do you get my drift?

wacattack
16-09-2011, 11:58 AM
Typically, and at a high level, a longer or lower rear camber link will generate more rear end grip. However, going too far can feel more edgy because when you do lose traction, it will go more violently

shortcoursegoat
16-09-2011, 08:47 PM
thanks for the tips guys, im going to read that first link a few more times an hopefully it will stick in my brin for when i head to the track.