PDA

View Full Version : wet tyres

ch!3f
17-09-2011, 11:16 AM
hi guys can anyone recommend me a set of wet tyres that are cheap???

the schumacher wets arnt an option im too skint for a set of them.

any help would be grea many thanks

teamorsum96
17-09-2011, 11:49 AM
why not learn to drive with slicks for the wet, and drift your way round lol :D

D20MCK
17-09-2011, 01:51 PM
I've got a new set of wet tyres still in the bag, £20 posted if you are interested?

ch!3f
17-09-2011, 03:36 PM
thanks for the offer but im wanting to know which are cheap and if there are any out there such as the ansmann tyres if they would be any good.

Mad-Wolfie
18-09-2011, 06:35 PM
the treaded Ansmann tyres make good wet tyres. Either the cut slicks or the very heavily treaded tyres. Failing that rally blocks also work in the wet & Ripmax (i think it is) do cheap rally blocks that are as good as the Tamiya or Kyosho ones.

Failing that a tip i was told was to use a set of really worn (i.e. totally f***ed) slick tyres that have no cracking in the side walls or tears. I did this a couple of years ago at an event running to BRCA rules where it rained & i had no wets (+ no spare money to buy some) & managed to get into the B-final!

ch!3f
18-09-2011, 06:49 PM
cheers ive been looking at the ansmann 1s there like 8quid a set on flebay so wanted to make sure before buying a set.its been that long since i raced a tc in the wet i cant remember what i tyres i ran or car for that matter!lol