PDA

View Full Version : Reducing Roll?

captainlip
19-09-2011, 11:42 AM
How do you reduce roll at the front end? on the rear its fine because of the droop screws.

but on the front as I run really soft shocks its all to loose on the front and feel its the only thing slowing me down.

I heard that putting washers on the shock shaft under the piston inside the shock body has a similar effect to the rear with the droop.

is this advisable and would it take all the slop out as the shock shaft wouldnt travel as far.

in theory it sounds ok but want more advice on this before I rebuild my shocks as ive just ordered the new TI-NI shafts :thumbsup:

James
19-09-2011, 11:49 AM
Try a front roll bar?

Or 2mm restrictor inside the shock (under the piston).

Stiffen the oil?

It might be easier for you to describe the particular problem in handling characteristics and then a solution can be offered..

When you say too much roll that would indicate a slow initial steering response, is that what happens?

Dazzler
19-09-2011, 11:49 AM
Spacers inside the shock body is perfectly fine if reduced droop is what you are looking for.

Chris-S
19-09-2011, 11:53 AM
I used some 1mm thick washers, then add as many as desired, just make sure the diameter is small enough so they do not foul the holes in the pistons.

captainlip
19-09-2011, 11:57 AM
Try a front roll bar?

Or 2mm restrictor inside the shock (under the piston).

Stiffen the oil?

It might be easier for you to describe the particular problem in handling characteristics and then a solution can be offered..

When you say too much roll that would indicate a slow initial steering response, is that what happens?

Already run a roll bar, the restrictor is the idea I was talking about, I will try it when I get my shafts.

thanks all! :thumbsup:

coleman758
19-09-2011, 12:02 PM
thanks Matt! :thumbsup:

Edited it for you....

That's what the problem was with mine for sure, Way Way to much droop

captainlip
19-09-2011, 12:18 PM
Edited it for you....

That's what the problem was with mine for sure, Way Way to much droop

HAHA! you were only told of that idea last week by someone else :woot:

coleman758