PDA

View Full Version : Tekin Motors in a 410

captainlip
24-09-2011, 08:36 AM
Just got my tekin motor and tried to fit it in the 410 and none of the wholes allign up enough so you can push the motor in far enough, the pinion wont even reach the spur :confused:

what am i doing wrong? ive tried a number of variants with the screws and nothing works

Bungleaio
24-09-2011, 08:43 AM
Have you got a 3 tooth pinion on or something? The redline motors definitely fit in the 410.

captainlip
24-09-2011, 08:48 AM
21t im trying with and the tips of the spur and pinion on just touch when its pushed all the way in. :confused:

Bungleaio
24-09-2011, 08:52 AM
Here's mine with a 21 tooth on

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r50/Bungleaio/fbd7bb94.jpg

I really can't see how you are going wrong. Are you sure RC is the right hobby for you?

hloland
24-09-2011, 08:59 AM
Most likely the motor is touching esc, cables or power transcap...
Try to remove the top screw on the motor, (let the pinion stay on the motor) then carefully turn the motor untill bottom screw is on place. Then fix this screw a bit. Then turn the motor until you find the top screw hole, then adjust and fix....

captainlip
24-09-2011, 09:03 AM
Most likely the motor is touching esc, cables or power transcap...
Try to remove the top screw on the motor, (let the pinion stay on the motor) then carefully turn the motor untill bottom screw is on place. Then fix this screw a bit. Then turn the motor until you find the top screw hole, then adjust and fix....

got it now, the motor wasnt catching anything its just very tight between rangos mount, and not one for forcing things in.

cheers for the help guys!

JonyNitro
24-09-2011, 10:10 AM
got it now, the motor wasnt catching anything its just very tight between rangos mount, and not one for forcing things in.

cheers for the help guys!

IF you don't "force it" in sometimes you will get no were

captainlip
24-09-2011, 10:12 AM
IF you don't "force it" in sometimes you will get no were

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

slowjun
25-09-2011, 12:00 PM
21t im trying with and the tips of the spur and pinion on just touch when its pushed all the way in. :confused:

Using a 19T pinion with stock spur,all the way in. And using a spacer as large as the screw head.make sure your motor spacer is nt big(diameter) so that the motor will go all the way in.

Big G
25-09-2011, 01:31 PM
I've run a 18t pinion with the stock spur before in the 410. it will go. maybe the screws are stopping it over enough as suggested.

That was a Speed Passion v3