PDA

View Full Version : Noisy tramsmission on dex410r

richardh
24-09-2011, 11:44 PM
Hi, have just recently acquired a dex410r after a long lay off from touring cars - my last race was in a tc3. Have all built and nearly ready to go, but now that i've got the motor and pinion in place it sounds very rough! The transmission was lovely and free right up to the point I dropped the motor and pinion in. The pinion is from my old days racing the tc3 and is 48dp. It sounds like a really bad mesh, but no matter how much I work at it I can't get it any better! Any help on this would be gratefully appreciated, I'm pretty keen to get racing, the dex seems a well thought
out car.

Dazzler
25-09-2011, 12:08 AM
It's just to let the slower cars know you're coming to lap them, so they can pull over! (consider it the blue flag of RC racing)

In all seriousness, I'd slacken off all the screws retaining the motor mount and rear spur gear mount, then slacken the screw clamping the two together, then gradually and evenly tighten them back up, leaving the slipper assembly in place. That may help.

Also try adjusting the shims on the slipper assy.

The noise just resonates through the chassis, sounding worse than it is.

If the above doesn't help, I honestly wouldn't worry too much.. But I know the noise you mean..

Piman
25-09-2011, 05:48 AM
Also make sure you have followed the diff build guide.

http://www.team-durango.com/blog/2011/03/09/desc410rdex410-gearbox-pro-build/

The correct shimming makes a big difference.

James

Rebelrc
25-09-2011, 06:08 AM
May just be the noise of the brushless motor chattering back and forth on the mesh clearance, under no load!
They sound very odd compared to brushed!

captainlip
25-09-2011, 09:10 AM
May just be the noise of the brushless motor chattering back and forth on the mesh clearance, under no load!
They sound very odd compared to brushed!

I was going to suggest this first also, mesh could be to tight

Big G
25-09-2011, 09:39 AM
on the bench mine sounds really noisy, but on track compared to other DEX410's I race against I think mine might be quieter lol

jkclifford
25-09-2011, 08:42 PM
is the motor bolt rubbing the spur gear? That can happen when you use a 2.5mm cap head bolt.

Lowie
27-09-2011, 12:11 PM
maybe a non-suitable pinion? (totally worn out?, wrong type (Tamiya vs 0.6) ...)