PDA

View Full Version : SHRCCC Indoor Meetings: Rules, Reg's & Thoughts

Dudders
26-09-2011, 03:29 PM
Ok,

So all being well we'll be racing a week Thursday 6th of October :thumbsup:

Tyres:
No set tyre to be used. Only acception is no foam/carpet tyres. Must be off road type.

Motors:
Unlimited choice of motor. The space is not huge so I dont see the need for small winds, choice is yours.

Pitting:
Space is EXTREMELY limited. Please try not to bring large pit tables, if you do you might be asked to share these with one or even two fellow racers so everyone can fit in. A small table should be fine. If we run out of room we could use the cafe room next door, which has seating and tables however the tables MUST be covered.

Power:
Plenty of power to hook into, please bring a extension lead and be prepared to allow others to 'hook in line'.

Charging:
LiPo sacks MUST be used. Failure to do so will resut in your charger being disconnected without warning and your power cut until you comply. This is a major sealth and hafety issue!!!

Flooring:
Cars are only permitted to run on the track, not in the corridors or pit area. Failure to comply will be met with an order to leave, no refunds.

Space:
If after a few meetings we deem the space to be too small I do have a 2nd avenue to go down. Lets see how thnigs roll.....

Track:
If possible I would like a team of track helpers to carry the carpet and jumps across from the unit to the venue. For those that help there will be a special race fee for those people. This will be done on an advanced notice. Please let me know if you can help and I will organise a rota. I think 4 people max each week will suffice. I'm affraid I cant do this indoor malarky on my own.

Race Fee's:
Due to the higher running costs involved, race meetings will be £10.00 per racer for the evening. Members will be £8.00 and Under 16's £6.00/£4.00.

Special Meetings:
We will be running some trophy meetings throughout the year, watch this space.

Times:
Luckily we have no late night curfew so can race/breakdown until we want to. It is my plan to get to site at around 6.15pm each night to open up so the venue can be prepared. I hope to have booking in and practice open for 7.00pm and racing off around 7.30pm.

>>>>>> PLEASE READ <<<<<<

The above aside the first meeting will be very much trial and error. It will be the first time the track is laid and set up.

Please do not come if you want a slick race meeting and guarranteed 4 heats and final before you leave ..... it might not be possible :cry:.

If you want to wait a week for us to get sorted that is no problem. I do not want moaning on the night or on o0ple that we are running late/ill prepared etc etc.

The first one will be complete trial and error :cry:

mattybucks
26-09-2011, 03:36 PM
A couple of things that I'm thinking of introducing to the Telstar Events are:

Marshalls have to be relieved before leaving the post, as per the 345's I attended.

A small levy of £2, which is refunded to anyone helping pack the track away.

Dudders
26-09-2011, 03:41 PM

Marshalls have to be relieved before leaving the post, as per the 345's I attended.

Hey buddy,

I'll crack the whip with marshalls, I dont give them an inch on normal outdoor evening racing :woot::woot:. Deducting laps helps! :thumbsup:.

As I run SHRCCC as a 'business' I really apprciate the help and like to reward, even more so indoors, so I'll be a little more generous than that (no offence!). But I think a list of pre booked helpers is good, that way no other racers feel the need to help or will be thought bad about in return.

I'm quite happy for most to turn up race and then go home without lifting a finger.

AmiSMB
26-09-2011, 03:46 PM
Good luck Dudders. Might have to visit sometime :)

mattybucks
26-09-2011, 03:58 PM
Hey buddy,

I'll crack the whip with marshalls, I dont give them an inch on normal outdoor evening racing :woot::woot:. Deducting laps helps! :thumbsup:.

As I run SHRCCC as a 'business' I really apprciate the help and like to reward, even more so indoors, so I'll be a little more generous than that (no offence!). But I think a list of pre booked helpers is good, that way no other racers feel the need to help or will be thought bad about in return.

I'm quite happy for most to turn up race and then go home without lifting a finger.

No that's cool, it's just something that was said to me that I though was a good idea. I also have some good/kind people who help pack away the track.

jlucas
26-09-2011, 04:24 PM
Im in for a bit of track building mate

Darren Boyle
26-09-2011, 04:36 PM

Matty/Dudders, try running a sweepstake! which is what we do at our club in Watford.

We tried many years ago to use the 50p/£1 refund idea and it simply did not work, some poeple would do a "minimal" amount or packing up, then stand around chatting until the £1's were dished back out and most others simply for the sake of a £1 or so said sod it and went home anyway leaving the few left to do all the work.

Matt, you will already know having run a few meetings now, but Neil you will soon see that the amount of stuff you need to do an indoor track is far greater than what needs setting up for an outdoor one in most cases and can be a LOT of work.

The one thing we should ALL have on us as racers is our BRCA card (we are supposed to have it at all meetings) and all we do, is at booking in take each of the racers BRCA card and put them in a tin. At the end of the night, when ALL racing and packing away is done, we do a sweepstake (ours is 50p from every entry - less cost for the club that way too), but depending on numbers you get that gives a £15 or so prize which is "worth" hanging around for and taking a chance at (more so thatn a guarrenteed £1), if we get more racers we often split it into two or three smaller amounts. The other thing is you have their BRCA cards, they cant "sneak off" without it (soon shows up when they come to book in the following week without one - the one that is still in your tin!! ;)) Result for us, more helpers, less work for a minority, a few happy winners every week and over a course of a year almost everyone wins at some time. Our whole indoor track (carpet, wood, ramps bots dots etc, now goes awy fully in under 10 minutes - used to tkae 4 or 5 of us 25/30mins)

Of course some poeple (early risers, young children) HAVE to leave early, they just come up and ask for thier card as the night goes on when they need to go (you will soon realise those who are genuine and those who are pulling a fast one here ;)).

Variations on the theme, person who draws the winning card CANNOT pick out their own (race control chooses someone at random, we often use the TQ guy or A final winner, since he has already "won" somthing that night) this stops people cheating with nicks or rasied markings on their own card, extra thick lamination etc etc (yes we HAVE seen this happen :woot:) plus some weeks we get the winner of the week befores sweep to draw the first card out (stops same person winning every week etc)

Hope that helps, even if just a little, it comes from 18+ years now of a running an indoor club, you both have my number if you need any more help or advice.

Dudders
26-09-2011, 04:51 PM
Thanks Darren,

I'm planning on enlisting 4 named people each time to help for 50% race fees and see how it goes. Not a bad idea though :thumbsup:

Streeter
26-09-2011, 05:18 PM
Be happy to help Neil, only problem I would have is if I get stuck at work late, doesnt happen often though if I can help it!

dobber
26-09-2011, 08:14 PM
I'll be able to help out 2 weeks out of 3. I work shifts so 1 week of 3 I'm on late shift the other 2 I'm on earlies :)

robelmes
26-09-2011, 09:08 PM
i'll help with track building:thumbsup:

Dr_UpGrade
27-09-2011, 01:37 AM
Neil,
count me in for the track unpacking for 'most' days... I'll let you know if when I won't be able to attend, but my plan is def to be more regular over the winter! (if only to get the car dialed for thr team shrccc for maritime!!). Will also do my best to stay and help pack up too, although don't want to have to stay 'too late' to help put away. So any thoughts views on how long 'after' the finals you were thinking of leaving the track open.. I know people like to play a bit afterwards and I don't want to be too much of a kill-joy, but I'd rather come and help set up rather than 'have' to stay late to pack up...

However, am kinda flexible (for me age and all that!) so am sure we can come to some arrangement.

Really looking forward to the indoor season!! Hope the space works out and looking forward to trying the carpet and jumps etc from old RC arena..

chickentikka25
27-09-2011, 02:14 PM
Well said Dudders! I can help out Thurs 6th; the rest of the winter will be harder due to starting a new job :thumbsup: