PDA

View Full Version : HELP. Meriva window & sunroofs not working

d4ve
03-10-2011, 10:36 AM
Need some help if anyone can?

Got a 2006 Meriva and all 4 windows and both sunroofs have stopped working :( Checked all the obvious,fuses etc. and all is good in that department.

I've been told that the problem could be the Body Control Module,which from the sounds of it ain't gonna be cheap to fix.

Anybody got any ideas as to the problem or a way of fixing it without having to pay vauxhall a ridiculous amount of cash (and I'm not going back to window winders)

Dave

lordnikon
03-10-2011, 10:51 AM
Quite common on these I'm afraid. There are a couple of BCM's, one in each door and a central one also. Only way to find out which one or all of them is to Tech2 (diagnostic) the vehicle.

Its unusual for all of them to go though to be honest, its usually one of the door ones. If the fuses are 100% ok (cant remember if there are multiple fuse boxes in this model) then its off to vauxhall or an independant I'm afraid. :thumbdown:

You could try disconnecting the battery for 30 mins of so, then seeing if it resets them ..... you will need your radio code if you do this though

cjm_2008
03-10-2011, 11:48 AM
Need some help if anyone can?

Got a 2006 Meriva

gutted.

bodgit
03-10-2011, 12:23 PM
It could a switch fault on the drivers master switch. If you can remove them to see if they have sooted up then a quick clean of the contacts it may do the job.

d4ve
04-10-2011, 04:00 PM
All sorted thanks guys,disconnected battery had a cuppa and reconnected it. Bingo windows and sunroofs working again,thank the lord it wasn't the BCM. :)