PDA

View Full Version : XRS upgrades ?

andys
20-07-2006, 11:45 AM
A few questions about the XRS / X10.

I've got a nice new XRS and have just aquired a used X10 to use to upgrade it.

Which bits should I swop over onto my XRS ? Obviously the rockers and steering metal bits, but what about the actual chassis / wishbones etc, are they really a different material, as the look the same ?

Are the shocks any different inside ?

Also, the diffs on the X10 i've got are shot, are the diff balls the same size as say losi ones as i've got some of those kicking around ?

Cheers.

Andy.

Southwell
20-07-2006, 11:49 AM
http://ttechracing.com/htmlpages/xrsspecification.html

Northy
20-07-2006, 12:03 PM
Andy,

What on earth did he do to the X10? I've not had to rebuild my diffs since I built the car! :o

Is it worth upgrading the XRS, or is it easier to just rebuild the X10?

G

jimmy
20-07-2006, 12:24 PM
did you get it cheap or somet mate ? it must be a wreck if you got it for parts rather than to fix it up.
Ran mine for first time at oswestry, I had a problem with heat (as did a lot of people) so didn't manage to finish a run with it, but it was really good. I had the old spur on mine and killed it by the end of the day but other than that I had a few hard impacts and mega-rolls and nothing broke.
Northy is right about those x10 diffs tho, they should go on forever ??? they use ceramic balls which are larger than the AE / Losi ones I think.

andys
20-07-2006, 12:38 PM
Hi Chaps.

I got it from Mr Kirk, and all in all it's in good nick. It needs a couple of new bits, the platic front gearbox top that holds the rocker posts and the rear diff is very rough. Steve ran it in the wet (Batley Regional, nuff said) them left it, so i've totally stripped it down and cleaned everything and cleaned up all the rust spots ! To be fair Steve let me have it for a Very reasonable price, it would have cost me more to buy a few bits from ttech for my XRS !

Graham, I thought about just using the X10, but as the diff is so rough and I need the front bit, maybe i'd be better using the XRS. That's why I was asking about the chassis / wishbone materials.

Andy.

MattW
20-07-2006, 07:20 PM
The material is different. X10 wishbones are graphite. Chassis are the same between the 2 - unless the X10 has new graphite one on it.

Dif balls are 1/8 ceramic. Generally should last well, the only danger is that they can chip/crack if you happen to have an impact in the wrong direction/place. If it is that rough though, it could be a camaged plate. I have heard of this, although not suffered personally.