PDA

View Full Version : DEX410 V3 Wheels

aztecz
09-10-2011, 02:52 PM
Just got the new V3. Wondering where can we order the 14mm hex wheel online?

footey
09-10-2011, 03:07 PM
im sure mike at MB models will have some and his addy is in my sig at bottom of my reply

Bungleaio
09-10-2011, 04:20 PM
I don't think they are available yet, I should think they will be in as soon as the 210's start being shipped.

muratti
09-10-2011, 04:59 PM
Funny, just wanted to start this topic too as i just ordered a V3 and would like to hae the white 14mm hex wheels but TD website shows no stock. I hope they get them in soon...

jonathan may
09-10-2011, 09:36 PM
yeah i have a v3 on order and need wheels to do the old 410 wheels still fit in case

Bungleaio
09-10-2011, 09:59 PM
Yes the old ones fit but you need to install the smaller hex on the front axel and cone washer and pin on the rear.

old-man
10-10-2011, 03:48 AM
This is really a joke. TD is expecting the new V3 owners to fork out $$ for some dated wheel mounting system(hex&pin) to be fitted while they figure out how or when the new 14mm hex wheels are available in the stores.

What I saw in my friends V3 kit, it came with 4 x aluminium rear cone washer, spacer and 12mm pins, without the front 9.8mm hex or corresponding pins. They sort of like provided some parts to help the owner with old style wheels, but not totally.

TD comes out with a totally new 14mm hex where nobody out there has 14mm hex wheels. What makes it worst is proper support of the corresponding part is does not exist. Especially when this part are consumables. I call this suicide.

This got us totally perplexed. :eh?: However in A Main Hobbies, the white 14mm hex wheels are in stock, but only the rears. :confused:

I guess having launch the V3 and 210 simultaneously is too much for them to handle and I think TD dropped the ball this time.

Robocop
10-10-2011, 05:56 AM
Maybe they should have done what losi did and included two sets of wheels in the kits

Big G
10-10-2011, 08:14 AM
This is really a joke. TD is expecting the new V3 owners to fork out $$ for some dated wheel mounting system(hex&pin) to be fitted while they figure out how or when the new 14mm hex wheels are available in the stores.

What I saw in my friends V3 kit, it came with 4 x aluminium rear cone washer, spacer and 12mm pins, without the front 9.8mm hex or corresponding pins. They sort of like provided some parts to help the owner with old style wheels, but not totally.

TD comes out with a totally new 14mm hex where nobody out there has 14mm hex wheels. What makes it worst is proper support of the corresponding part is does not exist. Especially when this part are consumables. I call this suicide.

This got us totally perplexed. :eh?: However in A Main Hobbies, the white 14mm hex wheels are in stock, but only the rears. :confused:

I guess having launch the V3 and 210 simultaneously is too much for them to handle and I think TD dropped the ball this time.

this only effects the people who couldn't wait for their V3 cars. TD rushed to get the 1st batch of kits out to the shops and didn't even keep any for themselves. You will note the TD website has never had any V3 kits in stock.

If people would be patient then everything would be available at the same time. instead everyone gets worked up on forums spouting info from 10 different sources on when X Y and Z will be released.

I'm no different to the rest of you. I want to get my hands on my new V3 and DEX210 just as much as you do, but there's no point in getting worked up over delayed releases and shipping set backs.

When it arrives it arrives. If you got a DEX410v3 earlier than the rest of us then great, but don't start mouthing off at TD because now you can't get hold of anymore wheels for it. Obviously nothing I say means anything and it's purely my opinion, but I bet TD are doing everything they can to get their kits and parts in stock and available to consumers :)

kabilay
10-10-2011, 08:40 AM
this only effects the people who couldn't wait for their V3 cars. TD rushed to get the 1st batch of kits out to the shops and didn't even keep any for themselves. You will note the TD website has never had any V3 kits in stock.

If people would be patient then everything would be available at the same time. instead everyone gets worked up on forums spouting info from 10 different sources on when X Y and Z will be released.

I'm no different to the rest of you. I want to get my hands on my new V3 and DEX210 just as much as you do, but there's no point in getting worked up over delayed releases and shipping set backs.

When it arrives it arrives. If you got a DEX410v3 earlier than the rest of us then great, but don't start mouthing off at TD because now you can't get hold of anymore wheels for it. Obviously nothing I say means anything and it's purely my opinion, but I bet TD are doing everything they can to get their kits and parts in stock and available to consumers :)

This is true. Production needs time. We demanded earlier and TD tried to give us what we wanted before the stock announcement. Its is not TD fault. Some peolple should be Glad that have earlier than others some kits. Collectors items:thumbsup:

Briangb
10-10-2011, 09:07 AM

I couldn't agree more.
I am one of many who have been waiting patiently for an already paid for in full DEX210. As you say, they will be here when they are and not before. I desperately want to run mine with a geared diff. Will they be available on release of the kit? Maybe, maybe not. So what. I will wait.
Sure, I will also want extra wheels. As and when. Top marks for TD for getting new kits out. They could easily have waited till every spare was available.

aztecz
11-10-2011, 05:59 AM
I'm not sure about you lot but I for one did not think for a second wheels would be an issue. My bad for taking it for granted thinking "I'm certain there's a buggys wheels would fit."

Now reasons & justification aside.. Where can I get them? Got a race this weekend & the set of tires are running out fast for our dirt track.

Big G
12-10-2011, 02:24 PM
you can stop your crying now

http://www.team-durango.com/part-info.php?partNo=TD510014
http://www.team-durango.com/part-info.php?partNo=TD510015
http://www.team-durango.com/part-info.php?partNo=TD510016
http://www.team-durango.com/part-info.php?partNo=TD510017

simoncrabb
12-10-2011, 06:41 PM
I just ordered the new wheels for the shop.

Well, I tried, some other shops have bought all the yellow rears already!

http://rclazy.com/blog/2011/10/12/new-team-durango-14mm-hex-wheels/

aztecz
13-10-2011, 05:20 AM
Cheers Big G...

Wonder what I can do with a pair of two rear white wheels.. Guess no racing for me then..:cry:

jaffacake
13-10-2011, 07:02 AM
Will Durango keep making the both types of wheel? surely the older smaller hex fronts & rear pin type wheels will be fased out

Big G
13-10-2011, 08:02 AM
all 4 wheels were in stock when I posted.

I guess others got orders in quickly then

samd
13-10-2011, 08:13 AM
Do losi 22 rears fit the v3?

Andyp
13-10-2011, 08:59 AM
Pretty sure they are only 12mm Sam, durangos are 14mm.

samd
14-10-2011, 11:22 PM
OK Cheers Andy

Anibal Henriques
14-10-2011, 11:36 PM
Do losi 22 rears fit the v3?
No way i have both cars ,and the losi is 12mm, durango is 14mm,but if you try the old durango wheels they fit in the losi if you take the 12mm hex,work with the hing pin.

Kiixx
17-10-2011, 09:47 AM
I've installed Losi's hex in the rear of my Durango as ia also run the TLR 22, and now only uses TLR wheels al around both cars, dont see why i should use Durango's special wheels. and this gives me lots more wheels to practice with :)