PDA

View Full Version : Anti SQUAT

BREEZER
16-02-2008, 09:35 AM
Once again a basic ? I will be running my BJ4WE on a flat grass track with some bumps and wooden home made jumps,what I would like to know is it better to use the 2degree anti squat or fit the 0degree I will do some testing but input from you guys is great as I am an old codger and love my off road racing getting the knowledge from you makes it easier.MARTIN

markwilliamson2001
16-02-2008, 09:41 AM
On my XX4, I ran 2 deg anti-squat nearly all the time on grass/astro and carpet. I know they only ran the 0 deg anti-squat at Tiverton, (very low grip), so I would start with 2 deg myself

HTH

Mark

Also, I only ever ran 2 or 1 on my B4, never 0.

RogerM
16-02-2008, 11:15 AM
Martin, as Mark says 2 degree is a good place to start. The only times I would change to 0 degree is if it got VERY slippy. I have used zero degree at Coventry in the wet (astro track covered in nitro fuel from the 1/8th guys), slick dirt tracks like Tivvy and on polished wooden floors (or carpet tracks with lots of transissions from carpet to wood mid corner).

Hope that helps.

Southwell
16-02-2008, 11:56 AM
As far as i remember we ran 4 deg at tivvy for the low grip but then it got so bumpy everyone went to 0. Whens it's very bumpy i prefere 0.

Richard Lowe
16-02-2008, 12:33 PM
I use 2 degrees everywhere now on the BJ4, the only time I'd go to 0 would be on a grass tracks thats really badly worn - slippy and rutted.

Also I dropped to 0 at Tivvy a couple of years ago because the track was so badly broken up, with the current 'magic' setup 2 works best pretty much everywhere ;)