PDA

View Full Version : TTech Predator X10

just
13-10-2011, 09:00 AM
Hi,

i have a TTech Predator X10 im thinking about to part with. Im just asking myself how much it is worth. Its one of the first series, with Carbon Tube, Gold Parts and so on. Its in nice condition, few scratches on the Carbon Tube, Gold anodixing is in good condition, has only been run a few times.

I saw one for sale a few days here, and the seller asked for 250 for it. Thing is you never know how much it went for...

Any ideas about the price range i should be asking for?

thanks in advance ...

Dyna
13-10-2011, 10:08 AM
Gold anodizing & carbon tub, you mean a Pred XT then.... ?

Oh the other XT on at 250 recently ? I know exactly how much it went for 'cos i brought it ! It was less than 250 that i can tell you, but it was absolutely immaculate. The previous owner had made a top job rebuilding it. Yes it had some later-model suspension parts on but ive now got all the early relevant parts needed to turn it back to a 100% original 1994 XT in virtually brand new condition. It also came with 2 early Tekin speedos, a brand new decent servo, period Demon motor, period 1700 SCRs, numerous spares including a seperate early one-way large dia prop, original instructions & early TTech bumph, 2 good condition early shells, and brand new wheels and tyres.... So all the extras are worth a fair bit on their own tbh. In my mind i paid a fair price.

It depends on how someone really wants an early Pred to what someone would want to pay for yours. Get some pics up, lets have a shufty at it :)

DerbyDan
13-10-2011, 10:31 AM
Yes get some pics up for us vintage freaks to see :thumbsup:

The original Pred with the moulded carbon tub is quite a landmark car & as such would have more value than any of the later TTech cars. Unfortunately its one of those cars that has a small collector base & I guess the best place to realise its maximum value is to put it on the dreaded e'bay where you'll be able to advertise it to the widest possible audience.

Valueing any R/C car is like determining the length of a peice of string - a lot depends on condition, desirability, originality, presence of instructions & kit box etc etc... at the end of the day its only worth what someone is willing to pay!

just
13-10-2011, 11:52 AM
Hi,

thanks to you both for the answers. See the attached files for pics.

Dyna
13-10-2011, 01:05 PM
Thats very nice :)

If you want my opinion, and there are others here with more knowledge about early Preds than me, here goes...

Carbon tub looks good, only minor scratching tbh. Rear end is in good nick and looks all original XT suspension. Rear wing very good ( always a problem to find a good one ). Front wing looks intact ( ditto same problem as rear wing ) but front suspension, although good condition, has slightly later version webbed arms, although it is possible some late kits were sent out with them or upgraded as the originals broke. You also need the velcro battery straps in the tub. Plus a set of early orange wheels.

Its one big problem for me is the propshaft. Its a later 6.3mm carbon-rod version, not the early 10mm carbon-weave propshaft. The later 6.3mm shaft first came out on the XT successor, the also carbon-tubbed '95 Pro, but that had blue anodizing rather than gold.

Looking at a blown-up picture of the spur area, you can see someone has fitted a smaller propshaft as you can see the gap where the older larger one wouldve sat... Its also been rubbing against the carbon tub, as all the gold anodizing seems to have been rubbed off. I'd be interested to strip the rear gearbox area down to see whats gone on in there.

To get it back to XT original you need a early propshaft and spur gear holder, earlier front sus arms, velcro straps and early orange wheels as the main items. And a few minor items. If you or someone else wants to restore to original, the propshaft will be the biggest pain to find and the biggest expense.

Do you have the instructions, the box, an early shell or anything else ? All helps for originality.

If your not bothered about originality, just enjoy it for what it is - a good solid, nice looking carbon tubber :thumbsup:

just
13-10-2011, 01:31 PM
Hi,

thanks again for your support. I do have a set of nip orange wheels, a like new manual and the original body for it (Its painted ugly .. but its like new)

:thumbsup:

Balders
13-10-2011, 02:27 PM
Thats very nice :)

If you want my opinion, and there are others here with more knowledge about early Preds than me, here goes...

Carbon tub looks good, only minor scratching tbh. Rear end is in good nick and looks all original XT suspension. Rear wing very good ( always a problem to find a good one ). Front wing looks intact ( ditto same problem as rear wing ) but front suspension, although good condition, has slightly later version webbed arms, although it is possible some late kits were sent out with them or upgraded as the originals broke. You also need the velcro battery straps in the tub. Plus a set of early orange wheels.

Its one big problem for me is the propshaft. Its a later 6.3mm carbon-rod version, not the early 10mm carbon-weave propshaft. The later 6.3mm shaft first came out on the XT successor, the also carbon-tubbed '95 Pro, but that had blue anodizing rather than gold.

Looking at a blown-up picture of the spur area, you can see someone has fitted a smaller propshaft as you can see the gap where the older larger one wouldve sat... Its also been rubbing against the carbon tub, as all the gold anodizing seems to have been rubbed off. I'd be interested to strip the rear gearbox area down to see whats gone on in there.

To get it back to XT original you need a early propshaft and spur gear holder, earlier front sus arms, velcro straps and early orange wheels as the main items. And a few minor items. If you or someone else wants to restore to original, the propshaft will be the biggest pain to find and the biggest expense.

Do you have the instructions, the box, an early shell or anything else ? All helps for originality.

If your not bothered about originality, just enjoy it for what it is - a good solid, nice looking carbon tubber :thumbsup:

Matt you are such a geek! :)

I am amazed at your knowledge being as you've only recently been collecting these!

just
13-10-2011, 02:34 PM
yep, indeed he is. Really appreciated. Could you post a pic of those diffrent front arms? No matter how much i search for diffrent ones, i dont spot the diffrence ... if this makes sence ...

:blush:

Cooper
13-10-2011, 02:40 PM
yep, indeed he is. Really appreciated. Could you post a pic of those diffrent front arms? No matter how much i search for diffrent ones, i dont spot the diffrence ... if this makes sence ...

:blush:

They look more like the rear arms, not much reinforcement and the ball cup is within the arm, not a separate part.
I still have a 95pro, some team driver prototype parts (slipper) and spares. :thumbsup:

Dyna
13-10-2011, 03:35 PM
Matt you are such a geek! :)

I am amazed at your knowledge being as you've only recently been collecting these!

I'll take that as a compliment Mike :lol: I'm just very good at research.... and collecting !

Cooper is a more recognized authority on Pred's though, i learnt a lot from his posts on the old Pred site... I was wondering when he was going to post :thumbsup:

Cooper
14-10-2011, 08:06 AM
lol, I've already forgotten some things. :(

The old pred site is indeed a very good place for information!

www.the-pred.co.uk

showtime
17-10-2011, 06:18 PM
i have loads of pld pred stuff including original arms etc & 2 carbon tubs. i really need to get it all out & start taking some pics of it all ;)

MHeadling
17-10-2011, 06:40 PM
All that Pred stuff must be your retirement fund Showtime!

Keep hold of it you'll be a Millionaire! :lol:

showtime
17-10-2011, 06:53 PM
i literally have a mountain of stuff if you include all the X10 stuff :p

manic
23-10-2011, 08:17 AM
just thought i would ask how original is this 95 pro

manic
23-10-2011, 08:20 AM
sorry they would not attatch

styleone
23-10-2011, 09:43 AM
Hi,

thanks to you both for the answers. See the attached files for pics.

:drool::drool: I saw this knocking around on the for sale section few weeks back
I want it?!! Lol
I see you purchased a 210 Ben, nice cars but a Vega would have completed the collection mate ;)
:thumbsup:

manic
23-10-2011, 09:46 AM
yep went for the 210, as could not warrent the money on a kit then on the vega after, i will keep my eyes open for a rb5 tho